Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2012, 18:20   #556
Senior - BHPian

Re: Inverter Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu_romil View Post
Thanks Aroy, so should I retain this set up and cancel SMF plan

Also advise on the CG inverter vs Sukam inverte choice and how to measure that the batteries are being charged at the correct level for 150 AH batteries as CG doesnt have a switch at the back for this.Also doesnt SMF come with a safety valve so its explosion proof?

I need to make the replacements by tomorrow or so.

Thanks
. Have no idea what the CG inverter is. I have been quite happy with my own Sukam.

. If you have an DC ammeter (not the AC clamp type carried by electricians), then you can measure the charging current. A general rule of thumb is that the charging current should be 1/10 of the AH rating for normal charge and 1/20 for longer life. Once the correct voltage is reached the current reduces to 0.5A or less. The exact current is given in the technical literature of the battery manufacturer. As long as the current is not high for extended time, your battery is safe. A lower current is not detrimental, it will just increase the charging time.

For technical literature search the net. Exide and Base have the literature available, so do a lot of Chinese manufacturers.

. I have never noticed a safety valve on an SMF battery. You can check for it physically.
Old 5th September 2012, 19:59   #557
BHPian

Thanks!!!CG meant Crompton Greaves.
Old 3rd October 2012, 16:13   #558
BANNED

Looking out for a battery for inverter for Sukam 0.6 KVA in pune.

Any suggestions and tentative pricing?
Old 3rd October 2012, 16:52   #559
BHPian

There is a battery from Exide available specially for home inverter which requires minimal maintenance. Two years back when I had installed it costed around 10k

Hope this helps
Old 18th October 2012, 20:06   #560
BHPian

I just ordered a Sukam Shiny 850VA and AMCO 150AH Tubular battery (6UPS 150T) from a dealer friend of mine for around 18,500/-.
I got it for a very good price and he was very informative on providing various options and solutions for my requirement.
The installation would be done on this Saturday. I had pre-ordered the battery before the price hike and I think this is a very good rate considering that AMCO 150T is a C10 battery.
Old 18th October 2012, 20:13   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
There is a battery from Exide available specially for home inverter which requires minimal maintenance. Two years back when I had installed it costed around 10k

Hope this helps
IT500 is one popular battery from Exide. This is almost maintenance free and lasts very long. Is this the one you are referring to?
Old 18th October 2012, 22:27   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
IT500 is one popular battery from Exide. This is almost maintenance free and lasts very long. Is this the one you are referring to?
The battery model which I have is IN1350plus
Old 19th October 2012, 12:14   #563
NGM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
I just ordered a Sukam Shiny 850VA and AMCO 150AH Tubular battery (6UPS 150T) from a dealer friend of mine for around 18,500/-.
I got it for a very good price and he was very informative on providing various options and solutions for my requirement.
The installation would be done on this Saturday. I had pre-ordered the battery before the price hike and I think this is a very good rate considering that AMCO 150T is a C10 battery.
It seems a good price.I am also planning to buy one this weekend in trivandrum and most probably will go for Sukam+Exide IT 500 combination.Can you please PM me the dealer details if possible.
Old 19th October 2012, 16:25   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
It seems a good price.I am also planning to buy one this weekend in trivandrum and most probably will go for Sukam+Exide IT 500 combination.Can you please PM me the dealer details if possible.

I had shortlisted and compared almost all makes(APC, Exide, V-Guard, Powercom, Igatech, Hykon) and finalized on Microtek and Su-kam. And I finally found the Su-kam deal as a good value for money and the service of Su-kam in Trivandrum is a notch above the rest.

The IT500 is a very good battery which is basically a C20 one and believe me, the asking rate at Trivandrum is really really high which takes away the advantage for IT500.

AMCO is C10 rated having a 40 months warranty and IT500 is a C20 battery which is having 48 months warranty.
Comparing these two, I found AMCO more VFM and exactly within my budget.
Old 22nd October 2012, 13:49   #565
BHPian

As I have earlier specified, the Sukam Shiny 850 VA and AMCO 150 AH was installed today. Though the installation was planned on saturday, the installer could not come on Saturday due to personal urgency.
The installation was really excellent and went without even a single hitch, the person was very highly knowledgeable on the system and he even found out a couple of weak MCBs on the non-invertor lines and changed that. He was well equipped and the job was done with care.

The invertor system was procured from Govind Auto Spares at Pattom which is highly rated among the team-bhpians from Trivandrum.
Though I was not much fond of covering the invertor with a case, I was forced to do so due to my 3 year old son who is curious enough to experiment with almost anything in this vicinity. The case was made of high quality Poly propylene with nice finish and is tall enough to accommodate a full size Tubular battery.

(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...rivandrum.html)

Please let me share a few pictures of the installation
Attached Thumbnails
Inverter Batteries-sukam-1.jpg  

Inverter Batteries-sukam-2.jpg  

Inverter Batteries-sukam-3.jpg  

Last edited by shineshine : 22nd October 2012 at 14:11.
Old 6th November 2012, 16:48   #566
NGM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
The same configuration from the same dealer is now quoted Rs 22000 including trolley.I would like to know whether it is better to go for AMCO 150 AH or Exide IT 500 as the difference between them is minimal now.
Old 6th November 2012, 23:31   #567
BHPian

1. Can we run 29" CRT TV on 850 VA 100 AH setup? If yes then for how many hours?

2. 1. Can we run 32" LCD TV on 850 VA 100 AH setup? If yes then for how many hours?

PS: there would be 1-2 CFL and a fan may be added in this. Just wanted an approx.

Switching from 2.5KVA to smaller UPS is really a pain.
Old 15th November 2012, 13:09   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
The same configuration from the same dealer is now quoted Rs 22000 including trolley.I would like to know whether it is better to go for AMCO 150 AH or Exide IT 500 as the difference between them is minimal now.
Exide IT500 is a good battery as per the reviews and has got excellent service all around. Its rated 150AH at C20 for so in effect, it would be some 120AH at C10 rating where as AMCO is rated 150AH at C10 which would be nearly 180AH on C20 rating.

So theoretically AMCO should give you atleast 10-15% more backup for a given period of time. But IT500 has got almost 8 months more warranty than AMCO. So its upto you to decide if you want more backup or peace of mind
Old 25th November 2012, 19:41   #569
Senior - BHPian

Got a quote of around Rs. 6000 for Amaron 100 Ah battery (24 months warranty). This is after exchanging my old Amaron battery.

I think the model is AAM-SH-I1000H29R.

Is that a fair price?

The seller also has some other brand called "Powerzone" which apparently is also an Amaron brand. The warranty is 18 months and the price is less by around Rs. 700.

I am also interested in Exide Invasafe 600 due to the safety features.

My inverter is 500W (unbranded).
Old 26th November 2012, 09:16   #570
Senior - BHPian

It's not a fair price. A brand new 100 AH battery costs between 5K to 6K without any exchange.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks