Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2013, 13:21   #736
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Inverter Batteries

The voltage reading must be taken during fully charged state without load.
Also check the voltage when its boost charging and when it enters into float voltage.
Old 7th August 2013, 19:38   #737
BHPian

I am looking for a Sinewave o/p UPS with internal battery for ~700-800w load.

Please let me know, if any comparable models out there for: APC SUA1500I
Old 7th August 2013, 21:31   #738
BHPian

Exide batteries used in inverter have conked off, after serving for about 6 years. Su-Kam guy is recommending Apollo batteries costing 11k each (2 years warranty), Exide ones cost 13k each (3 years warranty).

Any other choices and recommendations? My UPS rating is 1.4 kVA.
Old 8th August 2013, 08:24   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
Any other choices and recommendations? My UPS rating is 1.4 kVA.
What is the AH rating on the old batteries?

My suggestion is to buy Exide.

However, there seems to a huge margin on Exide battery cost (approx 1-1.2K), so do shop around to see if you can get one for a lesser price. I bought Exide invared 450+ for 10K MRP from a dealer while others were selling it for as high as 12K.
Old 9th August 2013, 13:32   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
However, there seems to a huge margin on Exide battery cost (approx 1-1.2K), so do shop around to see if you can get one for a lesser price. I bought Exide invared 450+ for 10K MRP from a dealer while others were selling it for as high as 12K.
I bought Amaron batteries (AAm-CR-I1500D04R, 150 Ah, cost 9,700/- each) from batterybhai.com. They were not delivering Exide in Thane.

I booked in the morning after speaking to call center. I was told that the batteries will be delivered in about 4 hours. Nobody called even by 3 pm. I called them up again and the local supplier called after sometime. He had an excuse, we don't have the necessary batteries in stock. On insisting that we want the batteries to be delivered today, they came at 8 pm and completed their job in about half an hour.
Old 22nd August 2013, 13:59   #741

Quote:
What is the AH rating on the old batteries?

My suggestion is to buy Exide.

I brought Exide inva Red 450+ from R.K traders, Bangalore. It cost me 11k after giving my Pristolite.
Old 22nd August 2013, 20:15   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satran View Post
I brought Exide inva Red 450+ from R.K traders, Bangalore. It cost me 11k after giving my Pristolite.
There seems to be some discrepancy here. There is 3K price difference. I bought mine for 8K after old battery exchange (Dead exide battery). The least you could get for an old battery is about 700-800Rs.Even If you consider a regional price difference of about 800-1000Rs., there seems to be a lot of price difference. Inquire with other dealers to know the baseline price in your area.

MRP on the Exide invared 450+ is Rs.12,xxx for all cities except Maharashtra (on box),
Old 23rd August 2013, 04:10   #743

Quote:
There seems to be some discrepancy here. There is 3K price difference. I bought mine for 8K after old battery exchange (Dead exide battery). The least you could get for an old battery is about 700-800Rs.Even If you consider a regional price difference of about 800-1000Rs., there seems to be a lot of price difference. Inquire with other dealers to know the baseline price in your area.

MRP on the Exide invared 450+ is Rs.12,xxx for all cities except Maharashtra (on box),
I have checked the price in online store www.batterybai.com for Exide inva Red 450+ they have quated 11k with old battery.
Old 3rd October 2013, 15:19   #744
BHPian

Hi, I need to replace my Exide Inverter Plus 500 battery attached to a luminous 800Va inverter. I have shortlisted Exide InvaRed 500 ±. I cannot go for the tall tubular batteries due to space constraints. Is this the best option? I prefer only exide batteries.

Also is battery bhai a reliable portal to buy the battery?

Last edited by OHCVtec : 3rd October 2013 at 15:20.
Old 3rd October 2013, 19:35   #745
BHPian

Just got new Exide InvaTubular IT 500 batteries for both home and office inverters as both needed replacement. Price quoted by dealer was 14500 per battery and he bought back the old batteries for 2k each. Checked out batterybhai website and found the prices on d higher side.

Last edited by abhi.m : 3rd October 2013 at 19:37.
Old 18th October 2013, 02:17   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
I am looking for a Sinewave o/p UPS with internal battery for ~700-800w load.

Please let me know, if any comparable models out there for: APC SUA1500I
Did you find a suitable alternative to APC?
I also use the SUA750I.
Have been searching for a cheaper yet pure sine-wave & reliable UPS alternative but haven't found any!
Old 22nd October 2013, 13:44   #747
BHPian

2 years before, I bought 150Ah tall tubular battery (JC battery) for 11K I remember. It gave exceptional backup time > 24 hrs with judicial use of power (1200W). Off late whenever the battery is over loaded with around 700Watts, I am getting weird smell. Later I found its from the negative terminal post and the temp is more than 90C. Replaced the cheap 10sq.mm ups wire to Orbit 15sq.mm wire. There is no burning smell or wire heating, but I am noticing drastic drop in battery backup. We had a electrical cable burn that cause 1.5 days of power outage. This time ups gave max 12 hr back up which is close to 900 watts of power. I believe the plates re sulfated due to constant deep discharge and charging. I can say its still a better quality compared to other brands.
Old 11th December 2013, 12:43   #748
BHPian

Can someone help me understand how I'd go about filling distilled water in this battery, please?

It's an Amaron battery with Amara Raja inverter. I'm unable to understand what to disconnect or power off before filling up distilled water:

Inverter Batteries-img_0149.jpg
Inverter Batteries-img_0151.jpg
Old 11th December 2013, 12:57   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
I'm unable to understand what to disconnect or power off before filling up distilled water:
Hi, its a fairly simple procedure and you don't need to disconnect anything. Just turn the mains supply off and put the inverter switch to off position. Fill all the cells after removing their respective caps with distilled water and make sure that the level remains between max and min. Take care not to spill water anywhere as it may leave stains and also take care not to have contact with skin also. After filling, close all the caps and wipe any extra water spiled on battery and after you are done turn on inverter and mains supply.
Old 11th December 2013, 15:09   #750
BHPian

Thank you for the super quick response! With your encouragement, my dad and I just got to filling it and it was a no-nonsense affair. The hardest part was lifting the heavy battery out of the enclosure.

We tried to stick to the level between min and max but on a couple of cells it did slightly exceed the max "green" level. I hope that isn't an issue.

Thanks again, we just saved Rs200+ that they charge to fill it up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks