Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2008, 01:58   #31
BHPian

My terrible experience

I bought my HTC touch in Australia, It broke down after 4 months.

The guys here promptly said that the International Global warranty you had on your phone is not valid for India

I used to think there was only one globe and India was very much a part of it but no for HTC their view of the world is different or maybe their greed knows no bounds (they wanted to charge me at any cost).

Then i used extreme pressure had a media channel team sent there (i can always do that, thats another story) they immediately took the phone for repairs, hurrrah finally India is back on their global map too.

and the best part is the phone got returned just as it was, still hanging to the extent of being unusable.

I sent the phone back second time and they still could not do anything about it (incapable morons).

My friend told me that HTC has a local importer here who exclusively imports these phones and then gives a warranty through some outsourced service centre RT Outsourcing whose expertise is glorified above.

Moral of the story is in India anything goes, unless maybe i still go spend umpteen energy take them to court but so far i have not.

Stay away from HTC while you still have that choice.
Old 29th May 2008, 15:54   #32
BHPian

Its very sad iraghava. I am just happy that I am not working fo HTC Service centre and thus not facing you bashing. I am now double minds about HTC Diamond. To go for or not. Its high time HTC sets up it own service centre here without out sourcing.
Old 29th May 2008, 16:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhijat View Post
My friend told me that HTC has a local importer here who exclusively imports these phones and then gives a warranty through some outsourced service centre RT Outsourcing whose expertise is glorified above.
Yup, it's the same monkeys, RT Outsourcing in Okhla.
Old 15th November 2008, 07:00   #34
BHPian

Friends, I am using dopod d600 for the past one and a half year ( from May, 2007) absolutely without any problem till two weeks ago, when the battery life ends and where my problem starts....

I bought the phone from Mobile store, North usman road, Chennai, who assured me at the time of purchase that they themselves have battery for this phone. Now they say they dont have the battery and directed me to a dumb htc service center called 'Salora International' at Nungambakkam, Chennai. After several visits, finally I am told to come after a week since they dont have stock of the battery. Hell, to buy a new battery I am struggling for the past two weeks. In the present world of competition the htc offers such an idiotic, dumb, useless and frustrating service to its own customers. Shame.

If anyone knows where can I get new battery for dopod d600 in Chennai may plz inform me.
Old 15th November 2008, 13:46   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vskesavan View Post
Friends, I am using dopod d600 for the past one and a half year ( from May, 2007) absolutely without any problem till two weeks ago, when the battery life ends and where my problem starts....

I bought the phone from Mobile store, North usman road, Chennai, who assured me at the time of purchase that they themselves have battery for this phone. Now they say they dont have the battery and directed me to a dumb htc service center called 'Salora International' at Nungambakkam, Chennai. After several visits, finally I am told to come after a week since they dont have stock of the battery. Hell, to buy a new battery I am struggling for the past two weeks. In the present world of competition the htc offers such an idiotic, dumb, useless and frustrating service to its own customers. Shame.

If anyone knows where can I get new battery for dopod d600 in Chennai may plz inform me.
Not in Chennai but you can always find batteries on ebay.
Old 15th November 2008, 14:35   #36
BHPian

As advised by another member write a letter giving all details and in the final
you can write that , next alternative will be "" consumer court "" try to send
mail also directly to HTC india. You will see the diffrence.

Wish you all the best. We should not leave / fight till end
Old 15th November 2008, 15:01   #37
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE

i totally forgot about the thread sorry for that and now about the phone

after my repeated attempts the so called htc care ( RT outsourcing) couldn't fix my cell and after few more verbal fights and the lady again using bad word i had enough i had her fired from her job this time taking help from dad & i finally filed a case with the consumer forum and after few dates the forum directed the HTC's local importer some jain something to pay 5k as compensation and a new cell of equal value

and htc was also fined for not paying some taxes which their representative accidentally confessed to during a hot verbal fight

i also received a proper new warranty certificate from the court
now i can say i am some what satisfied

Last edited by manikjeet : 15th November 2008 at 15:05.
Old 15th November 2008, 15:52   #38
BANNED

Indeed an eyeopener, thanks guys!
I was contemplating to buy a HTC Touch HD for myself when it arrived in India. But now after reading this, I'll prefer to stay with Nokia.
Old 15th November 2008, 17:07   #39
BHPian

I had picked a HTC Touch an year back from the Forum shop. After reaching home I found that the charger is not working and also there was some colour difference on the LCD display. The dealer was not ready to give me a replacement and it took around 8 days or so to get it fixed that too after making multiple number of calls. I will be careful while going for another HTC model.
Old 15th November 2008, 20:32   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Not in Chennai but you can always find batteries on ebay.

yes and thanks, you are right bigman.
I have confirmed that the new battery will not be available in chennai.
but, the htc service people will never disclose this to you and make you knock their doors by regular interval saying one reason or other.

Just now I replaced the battery arranged by one of my friends. ( I can not give complete details, since it will go adverse if I prefer a complaint in consumer forum)

Let me see how it works and get back to you all..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhojraj View Post
As advised by another member write a letter giving all details and in the final
you can write that , next alternative will be "" consumer court "" try to send
mail also directly to HTC india. You will see the diffrence.

Wish you all the best. We should not leave / fight till end

being a lawyer myself, it wont take much time for me to bring them before the court.
But, still, the legal ethics....a lawyer should not be a litigant....
I am really testing the level of my patience....

after that I know what to do...and I will definitely do.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th November 2008 at 20:50. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 15th November 2008, 23:35   #41
KVS
BHPian

Iraghava sorry to know your story with HTC servicing guys.

I bought a HTC touch about six months back and is working very well. I have not faced any single problem till now. Hope it stays like that looking at the problems with HTC service.
Old 16th November 2008, 07:42   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVS View Post
Iraghava sorry to know your story with HTC servicing guys.

I bought a HTC touch about six months back and is working very well. I have not faced any single problem till now. Hope it stays like that looking at the problems with HTC service.
yes, I too agree. For me, my phone dopod d600 does wonderful things for the past one and a half years. I store most of the Acts in my phone and ofcourse I refer them day to daywhenever needed inside the court hall. All other options are also very impressive, except the battery ran out of life (which is also not a problem), it is very useful and handy. The only itching is the non availablity of the new battery and lots of lies by these service people. I am asked to visit them in this week again. I am planning to visit the other (only two service centers for htc in Chennai, I am told) service center also. If I met with the same result, I am not going to leave them. easyly. I usually dont shout at people, because I am following the
'Law of Garbage Trucks'.
Old 26th March 2009, 16:03   #43
BHPian

I've a P3300 with a broken display. Any idea where I can get it repaired in Bangalore and how much will it cost?
Old 26th March 2009, 17:33   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
I've a P3300 with a broken display. Any idea where I can get it repaired in Bangalore and how much will it cost?
Take a look:

HTC Customer Service in India — Online Diary

Please croll down a little on the page.
Old 26th March 2009, 17:40   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Take a look:

HTC Customer Service in India — Online Diary

Please croll down a little on the page.
Thanks. I had done a search and was unable to come up with anything relevant. The link provided helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks