BHPian

Re: HTC India service sucks.

HTC Helpline number 1800 11 33 77
Old 1st August 2011, 13:31   #77
BHPian

Hi,
Sorry for the delayed response.

All the information about HTC helped me, thanks .

Well, I had to travel immediately after the phone broke down so I could not visit any service center for many days. But last week I visited the Noida service center and was referred to Kamala Nagar service center.

They kept my phone for 2 days, and the problem was fixed.

I was charged around Rs 1400 as handling charges since it was not bought in India. Other than that, I was charged around Rs 1200 for the mother board.

And the phone is perfectly fine now.

Thank you for help and information.

Last edited by girlieonwheels : 1st August 2011 at 13:33.
Old 22nd September 2011, 21:25   #78
BHPian

Here is the problem i am facing now with my 9 months old HD7 and below is the email i just sent to customer care.

Anyone has any email ID's which will help me to escalate this further? Any help is highly appreciated... Thank You!!

-----------------
1) My phone crashed and was stuck at HTC logo at startup and on 2011/04/20 i raised a complaint 11INCW17ENA000285 and based on the response i received from HTC i submitted my phone to serve centre.

When i went to collect they told they had to REPLACE mother board of my phone, which they never bothered to call and intimate. I spoke to HTC support and demanded for replacement as the phone motherboard was replaced in just 3 months, and the customer care executive very negligently said this is what HTC can do and cant be replaced.

2) Reopened the same ticket on 2011/09/12 as i started facing similar issues.

When i did not receive a response i opened a new ticket 11INCW38ENA000452 on 2011/09/13

Issues i started facing were
1) One fine day the camera stopped working, if i open the camera application phone will either switch off or exit the app.
2) phone started shutting down automatically or when i access any apps.
3) when i felt it is very similar to the issue that i had previously, i raised complaint before the phone will end up crashed.
4) Frustrating to say that i did not even try to update my phone software after the first crash happened and still i have to face this day.

Then i received a call from HTC and they asked me to go to nearest Service centre and i submitted my handset couple of days back. I clearly informed the HTC service centre manager in Salora, HSR, bangalore that if there is any hardware replacement this time i will not be taking back my phone and i demand a replacement if it happens.

Now, today i received a call from Salora and the person SATHYA said that the mother board and some camera thing has to be replaced as it is crashed. What am i supposed to do now? i told him not to do anything until we receive any concern from HTC, and i will not be taking back the handset and definitely take this up seriously to escalate this to next level if i am not given a replacement for the money i have paid to HTC.

In 9 months time period the motherboard crashed 2 times. As this is in warranty period, HTC will do the replacement. What if this continues after 1 year as well???
----------
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:50   #79
BHPian

Go to facebook, search HTC India page, LIKE it and then write your problem there. They will give you a solution.
Old 25th September 2011, 11:47   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetghai1978 View Post
Go to facebook, search HTC India page, LIKE it and then write your problem there. They will give you a solution.
Thanks puneetghai1978.

Have submitted a post in facebook wall.

Thank You
Old 3rd October 2011, 20:26   #81
BHPian

HTC will be replacing my faulty handset with a fresh one.
~~VinZ~~ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 01:22   #82
BHPian

@Vinz....good to know that you will get a new HTC phone
Old 27th November 2011, 17:29   #83
Senior - BHPian

My HTC HD2's microUSB connector has come lose & the phone won't charge. The phone is out of warranty. HTC service center in Richmond road said they don't have the capability to fix it. Any place in Bangalore to get it fixed?
Old 19th February 2012, 16:44   #84
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,
My HTC Desire HD just stopped detecting my SIM card, I tried inserting other SIM's but the issue persists.
I have emailed HTC a while back and will be taking the phone to HTC's service center here. I hope they are able to solve the problem and not charge me much.

The phone is barely 10 days out of warranty, I had got it on 5th Feb 2011.
Wish me luck.

Regards
Old 21st February 2012, 21:34   #85
Senior - BHPian

The worst scenario seems to be unfolding for me.
It seems my phone's PCB and motherboard have packed up and need to be replaced.

The replacement cost is a whopping 13K, and I would have to bear the cost. I am so disappointed with HTC, how can this happen to a year old device?

Any suggestions if I can get this repaired outside?

Kind regards
Old 21st February 2012, 22:13   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
The worst scenario seems to be unfolding for me.
It seems my phone's PCB and motherboard have packed up and need to be replaced.

The replacement cost is a whopping 13K, and I would have to bear the cost. I am so disappointed with HTC, how can this happen to a year old device?

Any suggestions if I can get this repaired outside?

Kind regards
I'd suggest you forget about your phone and buy a new one! spending 13k on repairs is not a wise thing. htc service really sucks!

i recently bought a new HTC Radar (for my wife) from letsbuy. On unpacking, it unfolded taht the device had problems right out of the box! The sim was not getting detected. called letsbuy who asked to contact HTC. I called HTC but couldnt visit the service center immediately as I was traveling for 2 weeks outside India. On coming back I visited the service center and gave them my new handset. They said the same thing: motherboard needs to be replaced. On talking to the manager there he asked to write to HTC about replacement rather than repair. Anyway HTC accepted that and gave me a replacement set. But I dont think it is a new handset they have given as replacement! I feel cheated. Not going to buy HTC ever again and this was my third HTC (after a Touch Diamond and a Sensation). The Touch Diamond is still going strong after 3 years!!!

The phone itself (the HTC Radar) is quite good. Would you believe battery gives me 4 days between recharges!!! Its incredible for a smartphone. And unlike my Android, no need to switch off wifi etc to save power! At least something is good.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 09:04   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I'd suggest you forget about your phone and buy a new one! spending 13k on repairs is not a wise thing. htc service really sucks!

i recently bought a new HTC Radar (for my wife) from letsbuy. On unpacking, it unfolded taht the device had problems right out of the box! The sim was not getting detected. called letsbuy who asked to contact HTC. I called HTC but couldnt visit the service center immediately as I was traveling for 2 weeks outside India. On coming back I visited the service center and gave them my new handset. They said the same thing: motherboard needs to be replaced. On talking to the manager there he asked to write to HTC about replacement rather than repair. Anyway HTC accepted that and gave me a replacement set. But I dont think it is a new handset they have given as replacement! I feel cheated. Not going to buy HTC ever again and this was my third HTC (after a Touch Diamond and a Sensation). The Touch Diamond is still going strong after 3 years!!!
I totally agree with you, there's no point in spending 13K on this now.
The surprising part is this came without any warning, the phone just stopped detecting the SIM card. I will try to get the phone repaired from outside if its within 5K. I never expected a 26K phone dying so soon. Come to think of it, my 9 year old Nokia 6610 still works without any issues.

I am/was also going to buy the Radar for my wife but now will not touch any HTC Devices ever.

Apple in this regards is tops, my iPod classic went bad when it was 2 months out of warranty, apple service gave me a new iPod and no questions asked. I wish HTC would take leaf out of Apple.

Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:01   #88
BHPian

Quote:
======
I wish HTC would take leaf out of Apple.

Thanks
I had faced a similar situation when I had bought my Nokia E90 which i still regard as one of the best phone. The initial lot had a ear phone problem, I had given my set to nokia repair centre where they had replaced my ear phones twice and when it troubled again for the 3rd time, i was told that my mobile would be replaced. Apart from ear phone problem, it also had an issue where the keyboard on closing the phone was touching the internal screen there by leaving marks, I got a replaced mobile but it was a used one. When i refused to accept they told me that replacement wiull only be a refurbished handset and not new. I wrote a strong mail to APAC nokia head marking a copy to newspapers for publishing the same stating how can a new HS of around 40k be replaced in a months time with a refurbished HS. After few strong mail exchanges i was given a brand new sealed HS by nokia.

So don't just leave HTC like this, try searching for some senior persons contact details and escalate it and ensure you pulish your mails on social websites like twitter so that it gets noticed. This makes an impact for sure.
Gadgetfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:12   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post

So don't just leave HTC like this, try searching for some senior persons contact details and escalate it and ensure you pulish your mails on social websites like twitter so that it gets noticed. This makes an impact for sure.
Thanks for the advise. I have already put this on fb and twitter. Now need to get contacts of some senior guys at HTC India.
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:17   #90
BHPian

Quote:
The surprising part is this came without any warning, the phone just stopped detecting the SIM card. I will try to get the phone repaired from outside if its within 5K. I never expected a 26K phone dying so soon. Come to think of it, my 9 year old Nokia 6610 still works without any issues.

I am/was also going to buy the Radar for my wife but now will not touch any HTC Devices ever.

Apple in this regards is tops, my iPod classic went bad when it was 2 months out of warranty, apple service gave me a new iPod and no questions asked. I wish HTC would take leaf out of Apple.

Thanks
Quote:
Thanks for the advise. I have already put this on fb and twitter. Now need to get contacts of some senior guys at HTC India.

I would suggest you start from region level and follow escalation matrix to have more impact cause if you reach the top guy immediately without having any lower level escalations and if that guy gives you a cold shoulder then you will not have many choices left. Also if the regional guy is informed then there are chances he may get it resolved and also be of great help for future also.
Gadgetfreak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks