Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2009, 09:34   #121
Senior - BHPian

0-100 timing are bound to differ a bit.

Things like tyre, altitude, temperature, moisture, fuel etc can cause an engine to perform differently.

A car doing 0-100 in 10 secs at sea level will keep getting slower as the altitude increases. And if u take this same car to the highest motorable road in the world, it might be off by a few secs to 100 (as there is hardly any oxygen out there to make any healthy amounts of power).

Shan2nu
Old 17th January 2009, 23:50   #122
BANNED

these are my latest timings on my civic m/t and i've managed to get 0-100 in under 9.5...phew!
Attached Images

Old 4th April 2009, 12:21   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Warning: Anyone claiming decent figures will be contested.

Caveat: Except when you're driving a Honda.
LOL !!!
Proven to be true now ! No one contesting the 9.xx time for the civic !
Old 10th April 2009, 16:18   #124
rippergeo

Here are some results from the Endy + Tuning box.
Did 3 runs. 1st launch was from wet sand strewn across the road by last nights rains in TVM, unfortunately, we got the best readings from this run.

Tyres are stock and dying fast.
Attached Thumbnails
Dynolicious : Want to Dyno your car? Get an iPhone.-img_0233.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 10th April 2009, 16:26   #125
rippergeo

2nd launch was the best. Tyres hooked up early instead of wheelspinning away to glory, but the car bucked so hard, the iphone got thrown from the dashboard. that ended the run before i shifted to 2nd gear.

The 3rd run was good, but in order to prevent a repeat of the 2nd run and to save our "dyno" from damage, it has held in place on the dashboard tray by a hand(not mine)

The results were very good see for yourself.
but this software beats the hell out of using a stopwatch.

I'm sure I can get the car to do a 10 sec run to 100 after the new tyres are on and if I get dry conditions. RWD rules!
Attached Thumbnails
Dynolicious : Want to Dyno your car? Get an iPhone.-img_0234.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 10th April 2009, 19:13   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
2nd launch was the best. Tyres hooked up early instead of wheelspinning away to glory, but the car bucked so hard, the iphone got thrown from the dashboard. that ended the run before i shifted to 2nd gear.

The 3rd run was good, but in order to prevent a repeat of the 2nd run and to save our "dyno" from damage, it has held in place on the dashboard tray by a hand(not mine)

The results were very good see for yourself.
but this software beats the hell out of using a stopwatch.

I'm sure I can get the car to do a 10 sec run to 100 after the new tyres are on and if I get dry conditions. RWD rules!
Thats should be one very buggy software!

The third is unbelievable!
Old 10th April 2009, 19:48   #127
Senior - BHPian

I have tried various such 'hand-held' experiments (for lack of proper well fitting mounts) - and all of them threw up faulty results. The accelerometer is extremely sensitive - even a change of pressure from the hand holding it in place is enough to transmit values which are artificial.

After every such faulty run it will be best if you recalibrate the software (an easy 30 sec affair). There is absolutely no way you will ever get an accurate result if the phone is not mounted properly - in a firm, immovable mount within the approved inclination/direction limits. (the best I have seen are the big phone/ PDA mounts)
Old 10th April 2009, 19:51   #128
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thats should be one very buggy software!

The third is unbelievable!
Its good software. It has been pretty accurate whenever it has been secured properly on the dashboard.
Ofcourse the 3rd is unbelievable. its an error. I'd be terrified to drive an SUV with that kind of accleration and top speed.

I have been over revving.its easy to do that in a diesel especially this one, it gets to the redline unbelievably quick, and the engine doesnt really make enough noise to warn you of what kind of rpm you're at, unless the windows are down. If done properly this car will do 10-11 secs to 100.

Last edited by rippergeo : 10th April 2009 at 19:52.

Old 10th April 2009, 19:59   #129
Senior - BHPian

The third run figures makes me remember,when i got speed reading of 248km\hr on my GPS on my humble karizma
Old 10th April 2009, 20:52   #130
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the software is either not caliberated properly or the iphone wasnt held the way it is supposed to.
Old 1st April 2010, 05:00   #131
Senior - BHPian

Here is a similar software for non-iPhones:

RaceChrono - The GPS Lap Timer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks