Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2008, 13:58   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Please take a look at phone costs, then the compulsory contract rates. The phone is costly, no doubt.
Thank you. We all agree then that the iPhone is probably the costliest phone around (excluding the likes of Vertu), with a minimum cost of $1,000.

I'm outta here!
Old 18th September 2008, 21:43   #107
Team-BHP Support

iPhone really saved my day, my office machine crashed Thanks to the phone i did well for 4 hours, sitting in meetings, cafeteria and even the road side chai shop and all the 40 odd emails attended and replied to. I am getting smarter with the keyboard also, almost completely moved to 2 finger typing now.

One more realization for me (not really supporting iPhone here but), i received an excel. It had 12 sheets and zillion formula and links. I realized that apart from a proper laptop or comp, nothing would have worked out "If" i wanted to do something in it. Screen size will be the biggest road block, atleast for me.

Its a myth that your phone will help you in situation like this.
Old 18th September 2008, 22:58   #108
BHPian

I get along fine with one thumb typing.

@Steer, the phone is expensive and limited. Which is kinda the point of Apple products. It does not try to to everything, but it does do some things well.
Old 20th September 2008, 15:41   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Even if indian customer base is more (which i doubt), the avg bill is way lower compared to our western counterparts. So it will not work out in the current scenario.

Also Airtel offers 500MB data free for 1 year with iPhone, which is a very good deal.

The Indian mobile subscriber base is larger than US. Souce:
List of countries by number of mobile phones in use - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1) China.
No. of Mobile users in China : 601,000,000 ( in June 2008 )
No. of People in China : 1,323,758,000
% people have mobile phones in China : 45.5

2) European Union.
No. of Mobile users in European Union : 466,000,000 ( in 2005 )
No. of people in European Union : 497,198,740
% people have mobile phones in European Union : 93.7

3) India.
No. of mobile users in India : 296,080,000 ( in July 2008 )
No. of people in India : 1,129,866,154
% people have phone : 26.2
Old 21st September 2008, 02:17   #110
BANNED

guys...lets stop cribbing about iphone 3g exorbitantly priced in India. In US its subsidized by AT&T...we all know that. just look at this link, it will make things more clear as bestbuy declared the regular price of iphone 3g in US in their ads.
TG Daily - iPhone 3G at Best Buy: Apple ads a flat-out lie
though it is misleading for the buyers in USA...as afterall the real price of iphone is not $199 its $599.
so, guys in india its priced almost at par with the US atleast.
read this too...
iPhone 3G: No-contract version details | RedEye | iPhone, Therefore I Blog

Last edited by sanchits : 21st September 2008 at 02:29.
Old 25th September 2008, 19:25   #111
Senior - BHPian

Received this in an email.
Attached Thumbnails
iPhone - A costly review, by a mad man! Officially unlocked now!-iphone.jpg  

Old 25th September 2008, 21:13   #112
Senior - BHPian

That was really funny, although not meant to hurt anyone ! I am curious to know if all these are prepared by people who cant afford to buy an i-phone by any means !!
Old 26th September 2008, 00:49   #113
Senior - BHPian

Very funny!!

And I agree totally - - and also own an iPhone!!
Old 26th September 2008, 11:18   #114
BHPian

sorry to criticize but the fonts used look like crap.
also missed out on quite a few flaws, too.
Old 26th September 2008, 11:30   #115
BHPian

Video recorder on iphone

For all its worth...there is an application named Cycoder which adds on video recording to the iphone. I downloaded it using the appinstaller named Cydia which came along with the WinPwn tool which I used to unlock my iphone.
Old 27th September 2008, 13:06   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I am curious to know if all these are prepared by people who cant afford to buy an i-phone by any means !!
I dont know who created this, but this can also be from some who bought this phone only to find out that it lacks various facalities. He is in a board of directors meeting and he cannot pick up phone to talk, neither can he forward SMS.

Moreover, it can also be from someone who thought that iPhone is value for money, bought it from his/her hard earned money, and later got frustated, so made this up.
Old 20th October 2008, 19:00   #117
Team-BHP Support

iPhone saves the day

Last weekend had done a trip to chennai, the idea was to get to chennai border and get guidance on phone. All well till we reached chennai border, the road was chaotic thanks to political rally. Rudra calls up and asks for the address and first set of route guidance, got the info and we proceed.

Then it had to happen, first Rudra's out going is not working, then he tries my phone and same issue. Network is jammed! Even the other side cant reach us. So finally we are creeping through the maddening traffic of chennai, both of us clueless on how to navigate to our destination, when i get the idea of why not the GPS? I type in the destination and huraah i see the same in Google maps.

With some guidance from friendly chennai anna's and the GPS we reached the destination without much trouble, just in time for a function

I give 3 stars out of 5 to iPhone GPS, i wish it had route suggestions as well as a compass then it would be purfect. Waiting for apple to release those updates

And the not so good, while driving back i get a call and blank screen!! darn cant do anything, plugged in the handsfree and can answer but no access to phone otherwise. Fixed battery is a pain in such scenario since you cant even hard reboot, thankfully the phone came back after 5 mts! Previous day one of my friend was playing with all the apps, and i suspect one of them had hanged or did something funny in the background, which almost gave me a heart attack. Restarted the phone once it came back, just to be on the safe side.

So that was my first official iPhone freeze!

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th October 2008 at 19:03.
Old 21st October 2008, 10:15   #118
BHPian

Emergency reboot: Keep holding Home and Power keys till phone reboots.
Old 21st October 2008, 11:10   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Emergency reboot: Keep holding Home and Power keys till phone reboots.
Darn i forgot that thanks for the tip.
Old 21st November 2008, 21:17   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Intresting Little Bug, there ..

Jaggu : pls check this out :
TG Daily - Husband blames "bug" for sending nude pictures from his iPhone

" Husband blames "bug" for sending nude pictures from his iPhone ...

Chicago (IL) – What would you do if you discovered your spouse is emailing nude photos of his better parts using his iPhone? You turn to the Apple Discussion forum and share your case with the world, of course. One such case has been entertaining Apple users this week. Susan found her husband off track by looking at the content on his cellphone. When she saw a revealing photo in the Sent folder of his iPhone, Susan confronted her husband with the discovery.

Not that he denied the photo, he admitted to that immediately, as it appears. But the explanation he offered is rather interesting: He blamed the existence of the picture on a bug in Apple's handset ... "

For more details, check that link ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks