Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2021, 02:46   #76
BHPian

Re: Experience with Airtel Broadband Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post

Wanted to opt for an Airtel Fiber connection, especially since they have started offering really good plans and have been hearing rave reviews from everyone using it in Mumbai. Over the past few months, Airtel and Tata Sky teams have installed the requisite infrastructure in our society and the major wiring etc has been done. JioFiber is nowhere in sight though.
UPDATE:
Got Airtel Xstream Fiber connection at my place. Opted for the 200 Mbps plan @ 999/month, considering increased usage due to WFH etc, plus also future-proof. Got a nice deal with 15% discount on annual plan. 18% GST was applicable, but only had to pay the 3% differential amount, taking the discount into consideration. Total came to around 12,000/- odd. Since office has introduced an incentive for internet connection, will get this reimbursed

Was really impressed by Airtel's service. Placed a request for installation at 12 noon, received a call back within an hour and the KYC representative arrived at 3 p.m. Completed the formalities (completely digital, no hard copies etc), paid the amount via the link I received once he uploaded my documents. Whole process took barely 20 mins. He assured that the technicians will come within 24 hours. Was pleasantly surprised to receive a call from the technician at 5.30 pm enquiring whether he can visit for installation. He came along with a helper. Since the junction box was already placed on my floor, the wiring etc was a breeze. They did a superb job of wiring within the house, especially maneuvering through some tight spaces to install the router at the location of my choice, without any complaints. The entire installation took not more than an hour max. Had an old landline device, got that activated alongside, since the offer includes free landline calls. It was barely 7.30 pm when everything was set up and the white light blinked on the router, signalling that the connection was now active! The technician asked us to power-off the router after 2 days and switch back on after 15 mins. Seems this is required to stabilize the connection after first installation. On regular days, I shut the router once per week, for atleast 1 hour.

Have been consistently getting Download Speed of around 240 Mbps and Upload Speed of 238 Mbps on the 5Ghz band. Speeds on the 2.4Ghz band hover around 50 Mbps however. Total devices connected through the day are almost 10, including 2 Smart TVs, wireless printer, 2 Laptops, 5 phones. All this without any speed drops.

Really quite impressed with the way Airtel has ramped-up its sevice and the quality of internet connection being offered. Have heard many mixed reviews of JioFiber from friends and family. Would recommend interested BHPians to opt for Airtel Xstream Fiber. (I am not affiliated with Airtel in any way, just a happy customer)
Attached Thumbnails
Experience with Airtel Broadband Customer Care-img20210810wa0000.jpg  

IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks