Esp Tweak UI
Old 16th November 2009, 12:43   #17
BHPian

I also use 'Firebug' to debug all web based stuff
Old 16th November 2009, 15:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
I am using the Microsoft Free AV now, but have to install the Kaspersky 2010. After upgrading to Windows 7. the previous version stopped working. Kaspersky is very good. I think it is available in India now for about INR 1500. Good VFM.
Rs. 1500 is too high for Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. Last week bought it for 3 PCs at Rs. 900 (Rs. 600 for 1 PC for a year). Norton 360 for 1 PC is 1400. KIS seems better. Microsoft Security is free and is also better than avg/avast, etc (my opinion).
Old 16th November 2009, 20:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Rs. 1500 is too high for Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. Last week bought it for 3 PCs at Rs. 900 (Rs. 600 for 1 PC for a year). Norton 360 for 1 PC is 1400. KIS seems better. Microsoft Security is free and is also better than avg/avast, etc (my opinion).
I got KIS 2010 1pc license for 400 bucks.
Old 16th November 2009, 21:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

ESET NOD32 antivirus

Recently moved from AVG to ESET NOD32 antivirus. Its has a quite simple interface and it is quite light on the processor & does not consume much memory.
Overall I will rate it is as very good.
Old 17th November 2009, 09:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I got KIS 2010 1pc license for 400 bucks.
Then I was ripped of Rs. 200 bucks!!! Anyway, I have found it to be quite good. Do let me know if I can install a free software such as Microsoft Security alongwith KIS. Have heard largely good things about it, and is it better to have 2 antivirus solutions than 1. When I install a second antivirus (free ones such as Microsoft since I do not want to pay for 2), it detects the first one and asks to uninstall the first or be ready for severe issues. Is that true. i have a core i7 920 processor.
Old 17th November 2009, 10:28   #22
BHPian

CCLeaner to keep your HDD clean. It is an amazing tool and am quite happy with its performance.
FSViewer is another one which I really like to organize and view my images.
Digsby - a one-stop-solution for IM and Social networks. An awesome tool one should have.
Xobin - to keep your Outlook organized and does search and retrieve message quite well.
FreeMind is a great to map your conceptual information and present it. A great tool to have.
Old 17th November 2009, 11:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Recently moved from AVG to ESET NOD32 antivirus. Its has a quite simple interface and it is quite light on the processor & does not consume much memory.
Overall I will rate it is as very good.
Second that.

Nod32 is quite light on memory. I have an antique desktop a P3 with 128Mb Ram and it runs XP Pro and Nod32 comfortably. Its quite sufficient for casual surfing.
Old 17th November 2009, 11:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
CCLeaner to keep your HDD clean. It is an amazing tool and am quite happy with its performance.
CCcleaner and defraggler are very good utilities for keeping your computer and registries clean. However, cccleaner does not completely remove registry items for trial (30/90 day) softwares, and thus cannot uninstall it, clean registries, and reinstall it with a new trial period. If it does, let me know. Or are their other softwares that do that. Registry cleaning is a bit risky to do by searching for specific entries related to that trial software.

One more specific query related to photos: Would prefer to burn my photos to dvd video and play them on my plasma 16:9. Menu transitions and all flowery displays would be a plus, but do not want photos to come out on the plasma with black borders or cropping (like in cinemascope). Tried tmpg dvd author and that gives full screen display with no cinemascopes, albeit with simple menu options. Roxio and Nero have better menus and gizmos but they crop the photo so that it becomes like a cinemascope. What about photo dvd maker. My only preference is no cinemascope and photos to fill the full screen just like an ordinary TV program.

Last edited by vasudeva : 17th November 2009 at 11:40.
Old 17th November 2009, 11:43   #25
BANNED

^^^

Try the CCleaner Slim version which is free

|MG| CCleaner Slim 2.25.1025 Download

Regarding the photos on dvd and then to plasma are you looking this kind of features !

Quote:
· Add Video Clips to photo slideshow and burn video to DVD!
· Make Web Photo Album to show photo slideshow on website.
· Supports more slideshow output options: MPEG video, FLV, MPEGII, MPEG-4, 3GP video
· Support trimming background music and recording your own voice.
· High quality VCD, SVCD, DVD output : photo or picture looks great on TV.
· Support designing your own Hollywood-style video and motion menus.
· Decorate your photos with your own voice, text, art clips.
· Customize transition effects, Pan & Zoom for individual slide.
· Support amazing SWF Flash album themes, titles and credits for slideshow.
· All-in-One: Basic picture editing, Creating slide show with music, Burning DVD disc.
· Supports both PAL and NTSC formats. Fullscreen (4:3) and Widescreen (16:9) output.

Last edited by wildon : 17th November 2009 at 11:55.
Old 17th November 2009, 11:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
^^^

Try the CCleaner Slim version which is free

|MG| CCleaner Slim 2.25.1025 Download

Regarding the photos on dvd and then to plasma are you looking this kind of features !
I have tmpg dvd author, roxio 2009, nero 9, and photo dvd maker. As I said, USB is one option, but I would prefer to burn on dvd. Important is no cinemascope type black borders which result in photos filling up 80% of the plasma tv screen and not 100%. Menu transitions and all other menu effects are secondary. Not important at all is photo correction at all. Just need to burn my photos as it is on dvd video and play it like a normal dvd on my plasma. Have done this with tmpg dvd author and it does fill the screen. Unlike roxio and nero. see this: I do not want scale to fit with black borders. Photo dvd maker does scale to fill but has transition effects which may not be required.

How to set aspect ratio and TV cropping options

Last edited by vasudeva : 17th November 2009 at 12:03.
Old 17th November 2009, 12:06   #27
BANNED

^^^ Just watch a demo or visit this site
Demo: http://www.dvd-photo-slideshow.com/flash-demo.html
Site: DVD Photo Slideshow: Make Photo Slideshow for TV & DVD Slide Show Disc
Old 17th November 2009, 12:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. This is a paid software, and I already have tmpg and photo dvd. phot dvd does a good job without giving black borders and so does tmpg.
Old 17th November 2009, 12:48   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post

In addition to CCleaner I find Webroot® Window Washer a good add on.
30 days trial version is available here -
Window Washer Online Privacy Software | Online Privacy Protection | Webroot

first trial run is enough to clear disk space , It clears lot of space than cccleaner.

Also try free scan of Webroot® Spy Sweeper using the link - Spy Sweeper Antispyware Software | Award-Winning Antispyware & Removal Software | Webroot

This is the best spy sweeper software I am usinf for past 3 years.
Old 17th November 2009, 13:16   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I have been using this for some time, and it works great.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks