Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2009, 18:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

did you say you spend 19k on a 19inch lcd?? are you crazy, or did i misread something.
Old 3rd February 2009, 18:47   #17
BHPian

Oops ! I bought Viewsonic 19" model VA1913wm 2 months back. It has 3 years onsite warranty.

Earlier I had Samtron CRT running for more than 5 years. Suddenly it started making "PHAT PHAT" sound from inside, and one fine morning went kaput.

I hope things will be ok with me and it will last at least 3 years
Old 4th February 2009, 10:17   #18
BHPian

Seeing all these problems, CRT is a gem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
Oops ! I bought Viewsonic 19" model VA1913wm 2 months back. It has 3 years onsite warranty.

Earlier I had Samtron CRT running for more than 5 years. Suddenly it started making "PHAT PHAT" sound from inside, and one fine morning went kaput.

I hope things will be ok with me and it will last at least 3 years
Short circuit? Thats why the noise i think.
Old 4th February 2009, 23:32   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Accel frontline is the service provider in ernakulam for sony phones,viewsonic,epson and ofcourse seagate hdd RMA centre.It is opposite veekshanam office.
and I remember reading in digit forums about viewsonic displays(TFT) came with a "ant" etched in the thin layer of plastic of Display.
Mine too had an ant etched in it, and read the Digit magazine today(this months's) there is a lady from mumbai complaining about the same problem that I have faced with viewsonic and she had Digit mag get in touch with viewsonic india and solve her problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
did you say you spend 19k on a 19inch lcd?? are you crazy, or did i misread something.
Nope the prices for 19" monitors came down just 6 months back , when i bought it normal 19" LCDs with higer response time of 12ms were available for 15k but went with this one as it had 5ms response time,inbuilt i-pod dock,usb hub & also Cards readers, I checked the price of this monitor with at least 4 dealers and also online before i bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
Seeing all these problems, CRT is a gem.
Rock solid they were ,will be sorely missed.

Oh, A guy from viewsonic india called up they will be giving me a Graphic series monitor(brand new)as stand by till I get my VX1962wmp.

The Graphic series contrast ratio and Resolution are less than the X series ,the Pro series is not widescreen and inavailable in 19", so setteled for the best 19" that Viewsonic has in India the X series., hope I get it.

Last edited by muneemmk : 4th February 2009 at 23:33.
Old 4th February 2009, 23:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope the prices for 19" monitors came down just 6 months back , when i bought it normal 19" LCDs with higer response time of 12ms were available for 15k but went with this one as it had 5ms response time,inbuilt i-pod dock,usb hub & also Cards readers, I checked the price of this monitor with at least 4 dealers and also online before i bought it.
I guess you have this Techtree.com India > Reviews > Basics > Monitors > Viewsonic ViewDock VX1945wm

When it was launched then also it was not 19k. are you sure you were not been had.?
Old 4th February 2009, 23:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

19inch for 19k ??? I got the AOC 22inch for 11.3k/- working fine since 8months
Old 5th February 2009, 00:43   #22
BHPian

Checked the price of the monitor in my purchase bill it was 18300+4% KVAT = 19032, I bought it on 18/01/2007, before that review was written, I guess the prices dropped drastically after that, and I remember my reseller telling me that he sold that LCD for close to 11.5K before the production was stopped for this model.

I had bought a 16X yamaha Cd-RW for 14K in 2000,but now DVD writers are available for 1350 bucks.
Old 8th February 2009, 03:26   #23
BHPian

Hokay the guys from viewsonic finally called me up yesterday and told me that that aren't able to get me the monitor I requested ,so they will be getting me another one...guess what ? It's a totally out of this world deal that they are giving me at no extra cost the model number is

VX2255wmb

But have decided one thing,as soon as the warrenty expires I am selling this monitor and getting another one with a better A S S, and which would that be ?
Old 8th February 2009, 05:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Ok, so the viewsonic product has had a defect and they have attempted to replace the item or given standby items in the interim(it's another matter that they didn't work). Now they are giving you an even better product in lieu of the original.

How can this be the baddest service ever? Such words could have been used if they had washed their hands off your problem.
Old 8th February 2009, 05:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

@kuttappan:Viewsonic Displays are known for frequent failures(I forgot the code of the Display models which are known for fast failures).if you are living at some remote place(for eg ,away from cochin ?) ,How can someone expect the replacement like @muneem got?huh?not easy.

@muneem: Dell is what I will recommend.Dell Displays are readily available in some shops now.samsung,aoc also can be considered.more than A S S ,it is the worthiness ,lasting of the product that needs to be considered.many goes for viewsonic earlier due to the cheap prices it had later to repent.

Last edited by deepclutch : 8th February 2009 at 05:36.
Old 8th February 2009, 22:49   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Ok, so the viewsonic product has had a defect and they have attempted to replace the item or given standby items in the interim(it's another matter that they didn't work). Now they are giving you an even better product in lieu of the original.

How can this be the baddest service ever? Such words could have been used if they had washed their hands off your problem.

Yes the product was defective and unlike everyone says it's not of inferior quality,but a case of bad quality control, and yes they acknewledged my problem after almost a week then closed the case after 15 days saying that the problem have been rectified,then the case was opened up again after 32 days, all this after a lot of threatening and swearing , yes they have "promised" me a 22 inch LCD but all this after 49 days. So do you still consider them as a good service support ?
Old 9th February 2009, 01:22   #27
BHPian

We have
15 - 19" Wide Viewsonics
2 - 17" Viewsonics
2 - 22" Viewsonics

All of them over 2 yrs old and not a single one has given a problem
on the other hand two of the 6 15" samsungs we have (3yr olds)
have gone bust, but the 5 yr on site warranty helped it get repaired free within three days.

I am just guessing here but maybe 3 LCDs going poof might have something to do with the fluctuation of power or bad electrical wiring in the place you are using them.
Old 9th February 2009, 18:28   #28
BHPian

Hey please read my previous posts , my LCD went kaput becaue of a physical damage otherwise it was a real Gem, both the other two LCDs were repaired and given as standby, those were just 2 lame excuses to keep me quite.
Old 10th February 2009, 00:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Yes the product was defective and unlike everyone says it's not of inferior quality,but a case of bad quality control, and yes they acknewledged my problem after almost a week then closed the case after 15 days saying that the problem have been rectified,then the case was opened up again after 32 days, all this after a lot of threatening and swearing , yes they have "promised" me a 22 inch LCD but all this after 49 days. So do you still consider them as a good service support ?
Far from good, but I have heard of worse, hence said it may not be the baddest. I just hope you get the new monitor and can put this behind you. Thanks for the headsup, I know to stay away from this brand now.
Old 10th February 2009, 02:06   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Hey please read my previous posts , my LCD went kaput becaue of a physical damage otherwise it was a real Gem,
Oops missed that. Got to stop posting at 2 am.

Cheers.

Most Viewed