Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2009, 02:27   #1
BHPian

The Baddest aftersales ever - Viewsonic LCD India.

My 19" LCD monitor went kaput 2 months ago, these people haven't been able to repair it or replace it after numerous calls and emails later.It's been this long so they provided me with a 19" standby monitor which went kaput in 3 days , after a lot of shouting and name calling got another stand by 19" which worked for 15 minutes till it went all yellow, and who came to the rescue ? well my local hardware reseller whom I am very loyal to provided me with a 15" 7 year old Samsung CRT which works fine , So right now I got three 19" LCDs sitting at home and I am working on a 15" old CRT , the worst service support ever anyone else got this raw deal, what can I do to get a working LCD ? can i approach the consumer court for this ? I spent 19,000 bucks on this baby, don't want to lose it.

The Baddest aftersales ever - Viewsonic LCD India.-viewsonic.jpg

My moral of the story to everyone is to stay away from Viewsonic
Old 3rd February 2009, 07:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wow! That is some luck! Are they giving you a replacement for your original "kaput" LCD or no? And why give you a stand-by, instead of a replacement?

I used to hear that LG, though a good product, used have a bad support (used to work in Ritchie street nearly a decade back ), but Viewsonic??! :(
Old 3rd February 2009, 07:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

viewsonic return policies for LCD's kinda suck ( you need to have 5 dead pixels for a replacement, while samsung will do it for just one) . havent had to use it till now , but they do give the cheapest prices
Old 3rd February 2009, 08:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
My 19" LCD monitor went kaput 2 months ago, these people haven't been able to repair it or replace it after numerous calls and emails later.It's been this long so they provided me with a 19" standby monitor which went kaput in 3 days , after a lot of shouting and name calling got another stand by 19" which worked for 15 minutes till it went all yellow, and who came to the rescue ? well my local hardware reseller whom I am very loyal to provided me with a 15" 7 year old Samsung CRT which works fine , So right now I got three 19" LCDs sitting at home and I am working on a 15" old CRT , the worst service support ever anyone else got this raw deal, what can I do to get a working LCD ? can i approach the consumer court for this ? I spent 19,000 bucks on this baby, don't want to lose it.

Attachment 96924

My moral of the story to everyone is to stay away from Viewsonic
Ok, we too leanrnt this the hard way round. My 19" LCD from Viewsonic that we purchased for Rs. 13K about two years ago is now giving ghost image. A thread that I started :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...-required.html

My local computer vendor also told me that in India there is nothing like Guarantee, and its just warranty. Replacement of Viewsonic is worst than Asus, I thought that Asus was worst in Indsutry, but this is a shocker. The computer vendor is not too eager to solve this problem.

And we too have 11 years old CRT from Samsung that was working perfectly before we gave it to some one who needed for study purpose as they were not able to afford one. Our Cyrix is also with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Wow! That is some luck! Are they giving you a replacement for your original "kaput" LCD or no? And why give you a stand-by, instead of a replacement?
Its not luck, its poor quality. My father's 15" Viewsonic LCD is working fine even after 5+ years and my LCD goes bad in less than two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
viewsonic return policies for LCD's kinda suck ( you need to have 5 dead pixels for a replacement, while samsung will do it for just one) . havent had to use it till now , but they do give the cheapest prices
Viewsonic is not the cheapest, its Benq. Benq also has HD models availabel for around 13K. Viewsoinc and AOC, both had started as VFM packages and now they are not the best, either by low capital cost parameter or by VFM parameter.
Old 3rd February 2009, 09:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

if it works , then nice, else you're screwed :P
I also swear by viewsonic, at least the earlier ones. I too have a 5 year old 17" crt which still works beautifully. My next monitor might be a benq E220 HD
Old 3rd February 2009, 09:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Good thing is your Good old Samsung CRT is still working.

Being from the support industry i would suggest to insist on up-gradation with higher model LCD or else ask them to refund the money after depreciation deduction. Though refund will be the best option, you might get around 60-70% of the billed price which ain't bad for a kaput LCD
Old 3rd February 2009, 09:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

i see a VX1945, a VG1930 and a VA1912. If its the 1945 that's yours and went bust, then its touch luck. othe other two are still in production. I dont think viewsonic has any 19" models which have ipod docks. you can either compromise and settle for a 19" without the dock, or , try to get the VX2245 ( and maybe offer to pay the differential, to make the deal sweeter for them).

i think the distributor is redington. havent heard many complaints about them.... yet
Old 3rd February 2009, 10:37   #8
BHPian

Viewsonic service is provided by a third party company called Accel Frontline.
Distributor is nowhere related for the warranty services is what i have learnt from accel.

My case was very similar.had dead LCD for 2 months.kept calling the customer support everyday and visits to the service centre on weekends.After 2 months they provided a stand by LCD.

Finally after 4 months, lodged a complaint at core . They had sent a letter/notice to viewsonic office asking them to solve the issue within 21 days.

If i remember correctly, i got the replacement, a higher model within 2 weeks

Earlier had a Vx1932 and got Vx1940 as replacement.
Old 3rd February 2009, 13:12   #9
BHPian

Getting a replacement of the same model is next to impossible I guess , but i am gonna miss that I-Pod dock & Card Readers, so finally they told me that they aren't able to source the parts for my LCD and that they will give me a replacement monitor, the model number that they mentioned was VP19** ,so I Declined their humble offer and said that I won't settle for anything less than VX1962wmp .

Lets see how this goes ,But still I won't be getting a LCD with the I-Pod dock and Card Readers,USB Hub etc. What a waste of money.

The Service is not by redignton anymore but by some RT outsourcing,Bangalore.They provide onsite warranty thats why my home is now flooded with their dead replacement monitors, now I was thinking about selling all their standby monitors and my monitor and get myself a 22incher,since they are not responding to my calls.

The Service engineer from RT outsourcing told me that they also service AOC,BenQ,Acer & Viewsonic But the LCD with the highest number of problems now are Viewsonic because of the very cheap price that the current generation LCD are coming the components are very cheap. My LCD is however of very high quality but it's a physical damage(from the manufacturer's side) that caused this problem, the inavailability of part is the only concern in my case. And yes we still have a 5 Year old Viewsonic LCD which works very fine even today.

Last edited by muneemmk : 3rd February 2009 at 13:17.
Old 3rd February 2009, 14:00   #10
BHPian

Isi liye kehte hai ki dikhawo pe na jao, apni akal lagao. (Buy only the genuine products with good RMA policy and pay the right price for it, not cheap).

Please don't be offended. I was a fan of old Viewsonic but this thread has changed my opinion. I will pay more for a Japanese brand than buy a cheap chinese item. Somehow, chinese stuff just doesn't last or have quality and now they are going to make Airbus A-320.
Old 3rd February 2009, 14:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

Could it be that there is something wrong in your wiring that makes LCDs to go kaput ? Just thinking out loud.
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:29   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Isi liye kehte hai ki dikhawo pe na jao, apni akal lagao. (Buy only the genuine products with good RMA policy and pay the right price for it, not cheap).

Please don't be offended. I was a fan of old Viewsonic but this thread has changed my opinion. I will pay more for a Japanese brand than buy a cheap chinese item. Somehow, chinese stuff just doesn't last or have quality and now they are going to make Airbus A-320.
Viewsonic isn't chinese. Its an american company and at one point of time used to build the best LCDs out there by quite a margin. Of late though they've started to build pure junk. Poor after sales service makes things even worse.

BTW the VP*** is viewsonic's top of the line displays - better than VX*** which are built for gamers so if they are offering a VP range display, I'd say take it.
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:29   #13
BHPian

My monitor was not cheap in any way, because at the time that i bought it, all the other 19" monitors price was just around 15K and i paid around 19K for this one, and My Wiring doesn't have any problem as my monitor's OSD Keypad board was damaged due to physical damage from the manufacturer and the build quality is top notch too compared to Today's Viewsonic Models.

The Only Gripe now is their sorry State A S S.

VP better than VX ? nope check out the specifications of the same at their website.

Last edited by muneemmk : 3rd February 2009 at 15:32. Reason: more info...
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post

VP better than VX ? nope check out the specifications of the same at their website.
Have told you what I know - the VP series is for professionals who value color accuracy and image quality. The VX series is for gamers where response time matters over everything else. All of them are 6bit TN panels other than the VX2025WM. Most of the VP series on the other hand are non TN and have far better image quality. The sole exception is the 19" VP series which are TNs as well.
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

Accel frontline is the service provider in ernakulam for sony phones,viewsonic,epson and ofcourse seagate hdd RMA centre.It is opposite veekshanam office.
and I remember reading in digit forums about viewsonic displays(TFT) came with a "ant" etched in the thin layer of plastic of Display.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks