Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 12:47   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by katpasin
Finally after 4 months, lodged a complaint at core . They had sent a letter/notice to viewsonic office asking them to solve the issue within 21 days.
Did you file the complaint online ?
Old 12th February 2009, 12:54   #32
BHPian

Hello again boys , they cheated me again, they provided me with a 22" VX2255wmh monitor which was repaired and sent for me , the monitor's cable wasn't included and the DVI connection dosen't work , also the 1.3 Megapixel camera also dosen't work. They have told me to keep this monitor as a standby now and that they will arrange for a "new" monitor for me in the following days.

Just called up viewsonic india , they said that since i have accepted a replacement monitor from them ,they won't give me another monitor since i should have checked and made sure that the monitor was new. What a good service.

Last edited by muneemmk : 12th February 2009 at 13:12.
Old 12th February 2009, 14:54   #33
BHPian

very sorry to hear your stories of bearing the burden of baddest a.s.s. ever all time,
I only hope Fiat isn't connected to viewsonics in any way this time ?
btw I been using 2 viewsonic monitor since more then 5 - 6 years (I was lucky never felt any problems with them) and Fiat car too (got lucky with this too, touch wood).
Old 13th February 2009, 03:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Hello again boys , they cheated me again, they provided me with a 22" VX2255wmh monitor which was repaired and sent for me , the monitor's cable wasn't included and the DVI connection dosen't work , also the 1.3 Megapixel camera also dosen't work. They have told me to keep this monitor as a standby now and that they will arrange for a "new" monitor for me in the following days.

Just called up viewsonic india , they said that since i have accepted a replacement monitor from them ,they won't give me another monitor since i should have checked and made sure that the monitor was new. What a good service.
Maybe they are baddest, after all. Feel sorry for you, bro ! Keep fighting !
Old 13th February 2009, 08:25   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post

Thanks boys just did that now,didn't know that such a thingy existed.
Old 13th February 2009, 08:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

The obvious question
Do you think they are as bad as Fiat ?
Old 13th February 2009, 09:13   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Accel frontline is the service provider in ernakulam for sony phones,viewsonic,epson and ofcourse seagate hdd RMA centre.It is opposite veekshanam office.
and I remember reading in digit forums about viewsonic displays(TFT) came with a "ant" etched in the thin layer of plastic of Display.

That was me, with same username there too. The VX922 was bought during September 2006 for Rs.17750/-. (higher price then due to the 2 ms resposne) First it was ants crawling between the display and the front transparent layer. I didn't complain and just posted about in the forums. Few months later, there was problem with display lighting. Calling the toll free no of Viewsonic is not easy since it seldom works. And they do not reply to mails. Finally managed to get the RMA no and the next day somebody from a local shop came and collected the monitor after giving proper reciept and said he is sending it to Bits & Bytes at Ernakulam who does the franchisee service for Viewsonic. (through RT services as mentioned earlier) It took several calls and mails to EKM, Bangalore and Delhi and finally after 22 days of threatening it was replaced with a brand new one of same model but later manufacture. Few months later it again developed problems with least brightnes and non working OSD buttons. This time the service was faster with repalcement within 17 days. Fianlly about two months back the problem arose again with no dispaly. This time they sent a mechanic with a PCB who came and repalced it without any improvement. He couriered the monitor to Bits & Bytes. After two weeks I received back the monitor and they said two PCBs had to be replaced. My experience with Bits & Bytes was really good. They were helpful and once even registered it for RMA for me when the VS no was not responding. All the time they were telling of non availability of spares from Viewsonic.
Needless to say, every time my 7 year old LG Flatron came to rescue.
Old 13th February 2009, 12:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you register a complaint here? - Consumer Online Resources & Empowerment Centre
This is a free service.
There is also a list of consumer unfriendly companies - Core Centre

You can also write to moneycontrol using pehredar@moneycontrol.com. They take up such issues.
Old 13th February 2009, 23:38   #39
BHPian

@ Greenhorn no more comments on Fiat dude, don't want this to turn the other way .

Yes as i already said i filed a case with CORE as soon as I saw that posting.
Old 4th March 2009, 14:24   #40
BHPian

After I filed a complaint in CORE the actions were quick not only did i get a 22" Monitor they have also offered me the full warranty for 3 years for the replacement LCD that they have provided.They also literally begged me to take back the complaint that i have submitted, and after all these days their first call from the call center was only because I have submitted a complaint at the CORE.The funny thing is even though that they claim that the monitor that they have provided me is brand new as per their promise, when I called up their call center and checked the authenticity of their claim with my serial number I found out this one also is a refurbished monitor. But it works I am happy with that,I'll just live with this for one year and get a Samsung or LG 24" in an years time.

And I still am holding 2 X 19" Standby Viewsonic Monitors Ransom in case my "NEW" 22incher rolls over and dies.

And thank you bhpians for the help otherwise I wouldn't know about CORE and things would have dragged on for ever.
Old 4th March 2009, 17:58   #41
Senior - BHPian

that's great to know about core worked out for your problem.but with few others ,it isn't going to be so effective.
Old 4th March 2009, 18:08   #42
BHPian

Hi,

Even I had faced the same kind of complain for Viewsonic with my 22 inch LCD not working properly. It took them 5 weeks and lot of followup before the issue was resolved. After being frustrated for more than 4 weeks, found out the email address of the Regional Sales and Service person and send my complain to him. Within 2 days I received a brand new 22inch LCD, no questions asked.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 6th March 2009, 16:28   #43
BANNED

muneemmk : Did you file the complaint online ?
Old 6th March 2009, 19:00   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
muneemmk : Did you file the complaint online ?

Look at my previous posts mithun.
Old 28th March 2009, 13:32   #45
Senior - BHPian

After reading this thread i have decided that i'm NOT getting a Viewsonic, no way!

While i was on the second page i thought.. okay i can give this monitor a chance, since eventhough the monitor was bad and you're getting a new one eventhough it's after you made a lot of effort. As i got on to the third page the horror story again reapeats and this time they have cheated you.

I was looking for a monitor on the other thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...tor-match.html now no way i'm gonna buy a Viewsonic. A bad product can be recitfied, bad A.S.S can be tolerated for a while, but cheating? I'm never gonna pay my money to a bunch of cheats!

Most Viewed