Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2009, 15:01   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
but what should i do? Does anyone have a personal address of someone in sony?
Write to questions.in@support.sonyericsson.com. They respond quite promptly. I did this when I had my problem with Accel Frontline, and they forced Accel to refund the charges. I subsequently went to Salora.
Old 29th March 2009, 16:19   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

@Sukrit, looks you have got a bad piece. If you say E's service is bad, then Nokia's service at their service centers is nothing to write home about.
Old 29th March 2009, 16:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Did you try flashing the firmware to r9k009? Voice dialing works perfectly in my phone though I don't use that feature too much.
Old 29th March 2009, 19:25   #19
BHPian

I've written everywhere but they have no response apart from an auto reply saying ur case has been updated. The phone is still in warranty btw.
@reign- It didn't work with the latest firmware. Updated on the 17th
@condor- If i've got a bad piece can i do something about it ?
Old 29th March 2009, 20:30   #20
BHPian

I had a good experience with them, when I bought my w810i more than 2.5 yrs now. It was not getting detected by PC. I tried all software but no luck. Went to local services center of SE, they said leave it and come after 3-4 days then we can tell you status. Went to Salora, and with no hassels. Put a complaint, they asked me to leave it. But I prefer to stay back and atleast get it checked by engineer and let me know where is the problem Yup it took sweet 2-3 hrs and finally he says its a harware problem and will give you new handset. Got it and till today its working fine.
My suggestion to you, spare sometime, go there and get it checked in front of you no matter what they say. Stay there on their head and atleast get report then and there. It will help rather complaining everyone. As they are the one who will make final call whether to replace your phone or repair it.
Old 29th March 2009, 21:38   #21
BHPian

@sam: I believe you went at a time where salora was indeed good, corresponds with what my friend feels too. I can't go because they've now sent the phone off somewhere else. Neither do they provide any me any details about what's happening nor does anyone take calls
Old 29th March 2009, 21:42   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

@Sukrit7, IMHO, that is symptomatic of after sales service that we get. Like I said, dont lose heart that SE is not giving you proper service. Nokia A.S.S has been pretty bad too.

If you have the phone with you, can you try anyother service center ?

Do try out what Sam has suggested, which ever the service center.
Old 29th March 2009, 21:46   #23
BHPian

guys,

something on phones and PDA's, I remember this clearly as the two are entirely separate devices/applications.

Allow me to explain please.

When the PALM PDA's hit the market, most of us who had by then graduated to the Mobiles (from the pagers) decided to go in for the PDA phone.

The PDA function was now getting integrated into the basic phone, as a result the PDA function had problems rather they sucked, while the phone functionalities were still the same.

However, if you look at other brands .. like some that I know of, the Phone functions are fitted/married into the PDA, in this case the phone capabilites sucked, like the T***.

Incase of SE, I guess they tried the third dimension with the Camera angle into it.

Having professsionally lived in the IT world for the past many years, I know for sure, any integration project is bound to have problems.

So I guess, it is the consumer's choice of the function, the PDA or the Phone functions, Camera or the email capability (as in case of Blackberry) determine the primary selection criteria, rest all are incidental.

Cheers!
Old 29th March 2009, 23:46   #24
BHPian

Phone's not with me yaar, that's the problem; It's not with salora, they've sent it to some place for a motherboard change

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Sukrit7, IMHO, that is symptomatic of after sales service that we get. Like I said, dont lose heart that SE is not giving you proper service. Nokia A.S.S has been pretty bad too.

If you have the phone with you, can you try anyother service center ?

Do try out what Sam has suggested, which ever the service center.
Old 30th March 2009, 00:08   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Then something is happening ! Let's hope the problems get resolved with that change.
Old 30th March 2009, 00:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

I would just like to add my 2 cents to this.

Just like we love cars, we read about them and discuss our issues here. And use good judgement before taking decisions we should do the same about gadgets.

The problem is, new products might get launched here but the service partners of many brands are lacking. So I would advice people facing some software issues with any of their gadgets to research on forums online its very likely that its a common problem and theres a updated firmware available online already.

People in service centres are useless and most of the time we know more then them (not wrt hardware) and I am more then sure if you had the keedas to be on T-Bhp you are very likely to sit and sort out the issue yourself.

I have never take a phone for service, in the strange incident that I had to my mobile dealer who I've had a long relation with (in buying phones ) usually just replaces the phone and his end and sends the faulty piece back.

I had owned a Nokia 8800 series phone, which actually has this mentioned in the brocheure "Prioroty Service" but infact when I went there they blantly said the parts arnt available and it will take 15 days to get rectified. Who do I blame? *** is more of less the same of each and every company that I've seen in India everything from Sony to BPL. Trust me on this. The only company that I can proudly say that I had a absolutely amazing relationship. It made me buy more and more of their products, infact I own each product they make (which I have use of or have replaced my other gadget to buy this brand)

Please take a second and guess which might this company be?
(No its not RIM aka Blackberry)

Its Apple Inc. I have gotten replacement within a day be it my iMac or MacBook or iPod or my TimeCapsule. No questions asked. Thats why I now have the 3 Year Apple Protection plan on all my purchases. I will highly reccomend Apple as a company to anyone with eyes closed. Because the premium you pay over other brands you get not only peace of mind but a superior product in every case.

PS : The Apple thing might be OT here and to some it might even feel like I am advertising them but this just goes to show how satisfied I am.
Old 30th March 2009, 01:01   #27
BHPian

Yes quickdraw i completely agree with you, It pains us when a car door rattles and in the same way it's irritating knowing you own a product that has a defect in it. Agreed there are many who are ok with it but for me it's a niggling feeling.
I have no doubt that i know more than them but it's been 15 days now and they're avoiding me now since they don't have answers. It's very unlikely that they can fix the problem because most p1i models have them. The voice command issue may have been addressed but the alarm clock issue certainly hasn't. There are dozens of forums discussing the same.

Ot-apple has such services in india as well ?
Old 30th March 2009, 02:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Yes indeed the Apple service in India is excellent. They hardly ever repair things, its always replace replace replace and I love that! Makes me wish something should go wrong with my products all the time
Old 30th March 2009, 12:10   #29
capri_cap

Same situation, however got a new phone from SE for some extra dough..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
I purchased the p1i last year sometime in April, I was a happy customer having paid 17k for a phone that my friend had bought for 22 some time back. Initially everything seemed bright and lively & i thought to myself, i've finally bought a product that'll live upto my expectations.
---------------------------

Have gone through a similar problem with my SE m600i 2years back.

phone freezes
no vibration
screen not working
motherboard replaced

problem reoccurs

another motherboard relaced

and guess what this time the phone keeps vibrating non stop.

Am given a replcement m600i (refurbished)

All this in a span of 5 months.

Refurbished phone seems to be working fine, but has scratches on the outer body.

I cannot bear a single scratch on my handset.
I keep them sparkling new.

Lodge a complaint with call center.

Useless staff.

followup continuously and finally speak to several so called managers.

Finally speak to a regional manager from Delhi.

Tell her the whole saga.

Initially i face resistance, but I had put across my point that I need a brand new phone and a different model, as i dont dont trust this model anymore.

After making a lot of hue and cry, they finally agree to replace my m600i with a brand new p1i for a different of Rs. 6000/

I jump with joy and take the plunge and get a brand new P1i box packed and sealed with 1 year warranty plus 3 months additional warranty as compensation.

Not a bad deal, if i was about to sell the m600i in the market, i was just getting 7-8k for it and the difference I had to pay was some 12-13k.

Here i get an upgrade to a brand new phone for just 6k.

Moral of the story-- Make enough noise if you are stuck with a faulty product.

Use the Golden words" Consumer Court", while communicating with the managers at SE.

I have even got a Nokia communicator(9310) as a replacement for my nokia 7710 which also gave me similar problems.

Last edited by capri_cap : 30th March 2009 at 12:22. Reason: mis spells

Old 30th March 2009, 13:05   #30
BHPian

@capri- Thankyou, your words have provided much needed enthusiasm. Have just filled a complaint on the consumer grievance website.
You spoke to the regional manager, how did you manage to do that, did you get your call transferred or is there a direct number.
Let me know please, Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks