Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2009, 23:17   #46
Senior - BHPian

My SE W705 was acting up funny lately, a full reset made it alright. My bro's T700 stopped working few months ago, he got its board replaced for free under warranty. Now it has no issues.
Old 26th December 2009, 23:40   #47
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Sympathies to all those who got lemons. But nothing is perfect. Just feel blessed that it doesn't blast like some recent Nokia phones.
I have been using my P1i since August 2007 or so (don't really remember) and was probably the first P1i sold in Mumbai. I had been waiting since about 6 months for the phone to launch. Till date, no big issues. Only one had popped up in the second month, when the scroll wheel was acting funny but one trip to the SE service centre set it right and it hasn't given any issues since then (touchwood).
Before this i used the SE K700i (same story as P1i; waited four months but finally got it in grey market even before the official launch!) and i still have it. Everytime i switch that ON, it's just as good.
I have really never had any problem with these or any other SE i have used.
I personally don't like Nokia and don't intend on buying one unless they bring out something extraordinary.
I have used many cellphone brands (Motorola A1000 and some V series, O2 XDA Exec / iMate Jasjar, HTC Touch, Nokia many, BB Bold, etc.) but have found all of them to be not very different from others.
The only point to remember is regardless of your phone, make sure to use the latest firmware, take regular backups and if possible, open it up and clean the dust regularly or take it to the service center and let them do it.
Old 26th December 2009, 23:53   #48
Senior - BHPian

this very important

i watched this in one of the shows in CNBC, its about customer complaining and they solving it on their behalf with manufacturer. Forgot the name though.

A guy from mumbai bought a SE from mobile store. It had trouble the other day. He went back and had a hard time regarding the warranty.

When the channel people talked to SE incia. It was found that.
1. SE was imported and was sold at 2k cheaper than what is available in indian market.

2. SE, india refused the warranty citing it was not india specific model.

My question is
1. How come big store like Mobile store import it ilegally. i am assuming this as it was sold cheaper hence tax was stolen.
2. and why does SE does not honor the warranty of a billed product. As it was a SE phone and nobody makes it at home. It might have made by SE somewhere if not in india.
Old 27th December 2009, 14:00   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
i watched this in one of the shows in CNBC, its about customer complaining and they solving it on their behalf with manufacturer. Forgot the name though.

A guy from mumbai bought a SE from mobile store. It had trouble the other day. He went back and had a hard time regarding the warranty.

When the channel people talked to SE incia. It was found that.
1. SE was imported and was sold at 2k cheaper than what is available in indian market.

2. SE, india refused the warranty citing it was not india specific model.

My question is
1. How come big store like Mobile store import it ilegally. i am assuming this as it was sold cheaper hence tax was stolen.
2. and why does SE does not honor the warranty of a billed product. As it was a SE phone and nobody makes it at home. It might have made by SE somewhere if not in india.

Sir Alec, SE India will not honour warranty because you havent paid them for it. If you import it directly, SE obviously loses their margin. They are able to give you service due to the margimns they make.

So, when they dont make any money in selling the phone, why should they honour warranty?

If you want to claim warranty, approach the SE of the country from where the phone was imported.

Of course, in this case it;s not you as such, but Mobile Store itself.

So, this should be a warniong to all prospective customers of Mobile Store.
Old 27th December 2009, 15:47   #50
Senior - BHPian

^^^^
nikhil!
thanks

i know how it works. but i was making a point other member buyers who may be conned in the future.
Old 28th December 2009, 15:33   #51
Senior - BHPian

Sony Ericsson Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
I had a good experience with them, when I bought my w810i more than 2.5 yrs now. It was not getting detected by PC. I tried all software but no luck...
Same here... I too bought two W810is (one from New Delhi for myself and one from Kochi for my friend) at the end of Jan 2007 after lot of research and reviews. But later I was not happy with the Audio quality of MP3, Camera quality and Battery backup. The very next month I went to Salora, OKhla. The guy Ram... told me that he had inspected the phone and there was no problem. Facing same problem I searched through internet and found that a firmware update will solve the issues. But tried using SEUS many times and ended with message 'Already running up to date firmware'. I asked my friend back in Kochi to try update the firmware and he too ended up in same result.

Again I went to Salora, they tried Firmware updation by keeping the phone with them for 2 days and told me that that particular series of phone has got problem and they had to change my board (ROM), but hesitated to replace it with a new phone . The phone was just 2 weeks old and I don't want it to open and repair. I took the phone back and start searching in the net and finally ended up in two sites http://forums.se-nse.ne and Esato - All about mobile phones. Reviews, News, rumors, free Sony Ericsson themes and community respectively.

I cracked and flashed my phone (brand new) using FAR & SEFP, updated the Firmware, edited all Acoustic & Camera Drivers and till date (after around 3 years) the phone is working as good as never before.

What to say on Sony Ericsson Service?
Old 28th December 2009, 17:21   #52
Senior - BHPian

I have a SE J120i. Their cheap budget model, that sold for 1900 in end 2007. The damn thing just deep discharges and just won't hold charge afterwards. Complete crap.

I'd blindly pick a Nokia/samsung el cheapo mobile than a Sony anyday. (for el cheapo standby usage)

/am not even going near how slow it was.
Old 28th December 2009, 17:39   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
My P990i used to reboot on incoming calls but the last firmware updatre fixed that. Now I use a G900. It is slim, I can get me emails on it. and it has a touch screen (Graffitti) as well as a numeric keypad (SMS).
Hey same here man except I had w800 earlier which I used for 4 years and is still working. I just had to change the battery once. although not completely happy with G900( Keeps on hanging and touch screen is not as friendly as P1i)

I am SE fan and have not had any bad experience yet .My wife is using P1i and found it difficult to operate earlier now loving it.Sorry gone off topic a bit.

To the thread starter: buddy i guess you got the bad apple. take it up strongly with them and they will replace. will find out the right person to contact and let you know. Although I think you bought the phone when it was on its way out that's why you are facing so much trouble.
Old 28th December 2009, 17:41   #54
Senior - BHPian

I had 4 phones from SE, and apart from one solid W700i (which perfromed well for 3 years) the rest are all utter crap.The other Models were J220i (screen went off after 5 months), F805 (it had motion gaming....conked off in 3 months), W350i (brought 3 months back -in use now- very buggy, hangs like hell).

I think is SE is one of the crappiest mobile makers along with Samsung

OT: I owned 5 samsung models (few models names i dont even remember)and really its a waste of time, esp their newer ones; B520(software glitch occured more than thrice and its not a lemon, same prob reported by various users i know), E1410Guru (speaker conked off in 2months). Tp add to tis thier service centers are patheitc. They get the mobile and keep with them for 2 months and what are we supposed to do?
If you guys like samsung go get one, also buy a another brand mobile also. Trust me, u ll really need it

P.S: I hold no grudge against SE or Samsung, but they as international corporates have certain sense of responsiblity in selling and servicing products. I dont know if other brands are better, but in my usage i have found these to be terribly unstable ones

Last edited by Mi10 : 28th December 2009 at 17:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks