Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 13:20   #31
capri_cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
@capri- Thankyou, your words have provided much needed enthusiasm. Have just filled a complaint on the consumer grievance website.
You spoke to the regional manager, how did you manage to do that, did you get your call transferred or is there a direct number.
Let me know please, Thanks.

Be adamant while speaking to the call center guys, ask for a manager and then ask for his manager.

Remember you need to escalate, and ask for the highest authority you could speak to or else you would go to consumer court.

Lower staff is insensitive, but once you escalate and get to speak to higher up, calm down and speak professional, yet making them realise the pathetic service you received and the amount of mental trauma the product has caused.

Tell them you beleive in the brand but your current model has let you down.

And you want a replacement for all the inconvenioence you have faced,

Initiallhy you would face resistance, but if you keep pursuing and keep the pressure on them, you would get what you want.

After all you are the customer, and yiou are the KING.

Old 30th March 2009, 13:43   #32
BHPian

after reading your thread,even i checked the alarm on switch off mode.:it doesnot work.even if it is charging it doesnot.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

I have a P990i bought from states and I am having problems with it especially the chinese language that keeps getting activated and features that keep disappearing.
Where do you think I should take it to get it repaired?
Old 30th March 2009, 17:42   #34
capri_cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
I have a P990i bought from states and I am having problems with it especially the chinese language that keeps getting activated and features that keep disappearing.
Where do you think I should take it to get it repaired?

try doing a firmaware update online with the generic firmware for india.

visit the SE website for instructions.

If still not resolved the visit a repair center.

Old 30th March 2009, 18:05   #35
BHPian

Welcome to my misery ankit.
To the others, finally after atleast 10 calls i was put on a conference with Salora head Mrs. Bhavana who instead of apologising told me it's not ready and i'll get it soon. I couldn't believe it and lost my cool shouting and screaming followed. She also told me that i must be careful about what i say, I told her that if she continues to behave this way they'd loose all customers. Finally 3 days later has been decided. I don't quite understand this company. All she kept saying was what can i do, they haven't sent it back even after i told her she was supposed to atleast inform me, she replied by saying it hasn't come back, that's what i'm telling you.
When i switched to hindi things became clearer i think. Uff, what a place.
@wander- I think you should chuck it, lol, sorry too irritated. Try a firmware update and if that doesn't fix it then god be with you.
Old 30th March 2009, 21:12   #36
BHPian

but in my case it doesnot ring even if it is switched off.can you tell me the other problem,i donot use the voice dialing feature.so i can also check on other problems also.
Old 31st March 2009, 02:43   #37
BHPian

@ankit- The only two problems i faced were the alarm not functioning if the phone was switched off but functioning if switched off and charging and with voice dialing. Google for p1i alarm clock and you'll see how many people face the same problem. Is your phone under warranty ?
I'm asking because if it's not fixed after a motherboard change which is most likely then if you're game we can team up and demand a different phone. I find defects very frustrating.
Old 31st March 2009, 11:04   #38
BHPian

yup still in warranty,had purchased in last april (warranty coming to an end on 17th).
had a problem once with the touch screen in january.
are you sure that alarm should ring with phone off,because in my case it doesnot in both the cases.however i will still check from google.

edit:just checked one of the sites that mentions that phone will not ring on switch off mode, and has been confirmed by SE SUPPORT.

here is the link
P1i bugs, issues or other points that need to be addressed.... [Archive] - Mobile-Review.com Forums
(post date 16/10/2007)

Last edited by ankit.jhamb : 31st March 2009 at 11:14.
Old 1st April 2009, 00:27   #39
BHPian

@ankit- I don't quite buy this, it's very likely that se just told him this to keep the guy quite.
Here's why.
1- I have a friend who also owns the P1i, he bought the phone from abroad and told me that it does ring if he switches the phone off, agreed it's unfair to take someone's word
2- Why would it ring if it's switched off and charging, that makes no sense
3- Every se phone rings when it's off
4- Sony says it's a problem with my motherboard, they haven't denied it and are working on fixing it.
Do check voice commands
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:01   #40
BHPian

Further postponed to monday now
Do you think i should take the matter to court, it's humiliating to keep calling them up.
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:17   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Further postponed to monday now
Do you think i should take the matter to court, it's humiliating to keep calling them up.
Did you try writing to the 'My Mobile' Magazine? They escalate the issue on our behalf and mostly the company's reply is given to us and even printed in the next issue. Most often than not, people have got their problems solved.
Old 2nd April 2009, 18:59   #42
BHPian

thanks deepak. Will do.
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

That Salora Okhla dump is the reason I stopped buying SE phones. I went Nokia who are a little better but the crowd in their A.s.s. centers are unbelievable and I guess because of that the stuff is sullen. With my BBerry I haven't had a reason for any a.s.s. - fingers crossed.
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:18   #44
BHPian

Lucky enough for me that I never had problems with my SE W810i earlier and now with N95. These service centers here are quite cheapo types and actually these people do not lay any emphasis on customer service is all what I can say.
Old 26th December 2009, 21:44   #45
BHPian

Hi Guys,
just went through this thread a bit late. See , the deal with SE is that if the phone works, you are fine. But God forbid if there is a bug, the service centre (scoff) guys screw you.
I got my brand new K790i about a 1000 bucks cheaper at a dealer and bought it. That contraption started freezing up from the next day itself.
I got it serviced 4 times and those losers still couldn't resolve the problem.
I still have it lying around a year and a half later , with the warranty run out, in brand new condition packed in the original packing cos it has never been used.
Beware of SE phones at suspiciously low prices...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks