Team-BHP - Airtel Broadband Turbo 1299 Plan (Unlimited 512KBps / 1MBps)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Airtel Broadband Turbo 1299 Plan (Unlimited 512KBps / 1MBps) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/61398-airtel-broadband-turbo-1299-plan-unlimited-512kbps-1mbps-12.html)

I never got an upgrade from 512 kbps to 1 mbps, I have been chasing them from the past 1-1.5 months but with no success, latest call from them a few minutes ago said that the offer is no longer available, which is ridiculous because it was no "offer", it was an infrastructural upgrade,

The nodal officer escalation is piece of @##$, with no response,

Thinking of disconnecting for such unprofessional behaviour that I am facing here in downsouth,

When I was in NOIDA all help was just a call away

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph03n!x (Post 2050962)
The max I have downloaded in a day is 13,382 GB yesterday!

WOW 13 Tera Bytes in a day...

Where do you store this data? 1 TB Hard disks cost 3k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay (Post 2090423)
WOW 13 Tera Bytes in a day...

Where do you store this data? 1 TB Hard disks cost 3k.

I'm sure he meant 13.382 GB and not 13,382 GB :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalpik (Post 2090451)
I'm sure he meant 13.382 GB and not 13,382 GB :P

Even that is a tough job at 2mbps. You need an extremely cooperative host who can pump at that speed continuously! The max I ever did was 6GB, that too from a USGS site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aroy (Post 2090467)
Even that is a tough job at 2mbps. You need an extremely cooperative host who can pump at that speed continuously! The max I ever did was 6GB, that too from a USGS site.

Not really...All you need is a Rapidshare premium account or torrents with good seeding.

I easily cross 12-13Gb daily with my RS account even with 1mbps during day and 2mbps during night connection. So it should be much easier with a full time 2mbps connection

Those who stuck to their guns, have Turbo 1299 with 1 MBPS connection now. It's 1 MBPS 24x7 and works pretty well. NO FUP too. Yaay!!!!

I am on this plan. Had to download an image from Amazon AWS (~12 GB).

This download has been going on for last 13 Hours @ ~2 mbps (240 KBPS). Either they have screwed up / maintaining traffic shaping system OR speed on this plan has been upped to 2 MBPS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay (Post 2545682)
I am on this plan. Had to download an image from Amazon AWS (~12 GB).

This download has been going on for last 13 Hours @ ~2 mbps (240 KBPS). Either they have screwed up / maintaining traffic shaping system OR speed on this plan has been upped to 2 MBPS.

Some time last year Airtel upgraded all their plans to double speed. So now this plan is 1mbps in morning and 2mbps in night. I have been turning down their constant requests to upgrade to their newer plans.

This is the only plan right now with FUP limit of 100gb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandhi (Post 2545730)
2mbps in night.

Do they give 2 MBPS on weekend too? I am getting the same speed even now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay (Post 2545739)
Do they give 2 MBPS on weekend too? I am getting the same speed even now.

I've noticed that too. Some days even I get 2mbps during day. Right now I'm getting 1.3 mbps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandhi (Post 2545730)
This is the only plan right now with FUP limit of 100gb.

AFAIK, there is no FUP limit on this plan. I average 320-350GB/month regularly on this plan.

All I hope is the new increased speeds should not invite the stupid FUP.