Team-BHP - Airtel Broadband Turbo 1299 Plan (Unlimited 512KBps / 1MBps)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Airtel Broadband Turbo 1299 Plan (Unlimited 512KBps / 1MBps) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/61398-airtel-broadband-turbo-1299-plan-unlimited-512kbps-1mbps.html)

Here are the details of this Airtel Broadband Turbo 1299 plan:
Rent: Rs. 1299

Unlimited Downloads (No Airtel Fair Usage Policy)

Speed:
512kbps 6AM – 10PM
1mbps 10PM – 6AM

The plan also includes free call value of Rs. 100. It also has other cool features:

Free antivirus solution: Airtel PC Secure Advanced Pack
Unlimited Gaming worth Rs. 200 per month
Speed on Demand worth Rs. 100 per month
Free Airtel Email ID (Hah!)

What I am looking to see if anyone has made a switch to this plan. I am on Airtel 999 Unlimited plan and was offered this plan yesterday. It is not a rumor but is being offered to many people these days and I have an official Airtel email to support this. This sounds like an awesome plan if this is truly unlimited like Airtel 999 plan.

It is damn good offer if there is no Cap to it.

Is it available across the country? Please provide the source for this information so that it becomes credible.

Thanks for sharing the info dude.

Oh great nice plan!! i am currently paying 2400Rs for 1mbps unlimited!! If this plan exists then i will switch to this plan as i'm not using 1mbps connection during the day

@ cvvikram, It is available with Airtel, but it's their representatives who called me and offered me this plan. I had an email from their airtel.in email ID on my request which confirms the same. So this is not a rumor.

Quote:

The plan combines the best available features of Unlimited Download on Highest Speeds and Cheapest Calling Rates available across India at a nominal rental of Rs 1299/- p.m. This plan offers you unlimited downloads at speeds of 512 kbps during the day & 1Mbps at night between 10pm to 6am. Below are the key details of this plan for your quick reference:

Turbo 1299 Plan

Rent -- Rs 1299
Broadband -- Unlimited Download
Speed -- 512Kbps (day )& 1Mbps (Night - 10PM to 6 AM)

Call rates -
Local Airtel Landline & Mobile -- 0.75/pulse
Anywhere else in India -- Rs 1/pulse
ISD Call Rates -- Standard
Selected Value Added Services -- Absolutely Free

Not only this, the plan also offers you a Free Call Value (FCV) of Rs.100/- which you can use to make all your Local & STD calls. Over and above this, following are the additional benefits being provided to you Absolutely free of cost
  • Airtel PC Secure Advanced pack -- Antivirus solution worth Rs 100/- p.m. Now protect your PC from over 4,00,000 viruses and innumerable other Trojans and spyware while you surf the net.
  • Unlimited Gaming worth Rs 199/- p.m. Challenge your limits with over 250 full version games which enhance your mental ability & help as stress busters
  • Speed on Demand worth Rs 100/- p.m. Now you dont have to struggle to upload your picture & videos - upgrade to speed of 2 Mbps and zip through your work
  • One Airtel Email ID with 5GB Storage open your account with Airtel & make Airtel Broadband your new address.
This is a Limited Period Offer and is valid only for the requests received till the 30th of June '09. This special offer is being made available only to some of our loyal customers so that we can provide better value for your money by providing maximum possible services at zero cost and to enable you to explore the full potential of Airtel Broadband.

If you are interested in availing this offer, I request you to kindly reply to this mail as soon as possible so that we can go ahead with the further process and provide you speedy service. A prompt reply will be appreciated since this is a limited period offer.

The new plan would be migrated within 3 working days of the receipt of your reply.
The antivirus they recommend in PC Secure pack is McAfee home edition & email address, it looks like, is a Gmail customized offering. Also, I got this offer on July 8, so it is not limited to June 30 as mentioned in that email.

What I am looking for, is who have opted for this or been offered and have rejected it. If rejected, why did you think it was not worth the value.

I wish these were available in my city.
BSNL in my specific Area is having DNS server issues, and it takes me many days to wake them up, these guys only check ADSL light and say,

Everything is fine, and once there are 15-20 complaints, they get it fixed, talked to many officiers and they just act "SARKARI" initially until they are forced to send someone to the Multiplexer/ADSL equipment to fix it.

But Don't know why Airtel and other private players don't wake up to start a broadband plans in my city.

Huh, very frustrating.........

Quote:

Originally Posted by given2fly (Post 1376475)
@ cvvikram, It is available with Airtel, but it's their representatives who called me and offered me this plan. I had an email from their airtel.in email ID on my request which confirms the same. So this is not a rumor.

The antivirus they recommend in PC Secure pack is McAfee home edition & email address, it looks like, is a Gmail customized offering. Also, I got this offer on July 8, so it is not limited to June 30 as mentioned in that email.

What I am looking for, is who have opted for this or been offered and have rejected it. If rejected, why did you think it was not worth the value.

Shortly I believe they are going to make this plan available to general public.please:

Need to wait and watch.

I'm keeping an eye on this too! I heard about the plan on broadbandforum.in. I'm in delhi and want this plan BADLY!

When will MTNL wake up to such plans??

I am paying 999 pm for 256 kbps unlimited :-(

Alright, time for an update. I couldn't resist this superb new offer and made the switch an hour ago from 999 Unlimited. When I move to this plan, I pay 1299/- inc. of service tax, get Rs. 100 worth SpeedOnDemand, Rs. 100 worth free talk time, & a 200/- games download or subscription free, and all of the free offers are not introductory offers. They are good for the long term.

As for the PC Secure package, they are offering their premium antivirus packages free with this plan.

Antivirus recommended by them is F-Secure.
Broadband and Internet India: Airtel PC Secure Anti-Virus Subscription

Last but not the least, I've referred them to my cousin and they agreed to call him. So this is not really exclusive offer, but you need to spread it through word of mouth. Or call 121 or 44444121 and find out more about the offer.

I will say, go for it. Dump your fav. operator for this one. Totally worth the money.

@given2fly, do post a review on the speeds and connection.

today i called up the airtel in delhi/gurgaon and they were sorry thatthere's no such plan available:Frustrati

I had the misfortune of taking Airtel Unlimited Broadband 512kbps UNLIMITED @ 1399, during the welcome call they clearly said that the speed is till you use 100 GB of data throughput (both uploads and downloads) after 100GB of throughput in a monthly billing cycle the speed WILL drop to 256kbps.

Call on the number and find out, I have already complained about the sales officer who kept on saying that it was completely unlimited without any penalties in terms of speed or quantum of data or any cost implications.

The welcome caller also said that there is no completely unlimited plan for Airtel broadband.

Hope this helps.

Hi
I am currently using 999 256kbps unlimited and this plan sound great to me!!!
When you made the switch what speed difference did you find.

I use my PC purely for downloading stuff from the net and hense the PC is always on!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by given2fly (Post 1376743)
Alright, time for an update. I couldn't resist this superb new offer and made the switch an hour ago from 999 Unlimited. When I move to this plan, I pay 1299/- inc. of service tax, get Rs. 100 worth SpeedOnDemand, Rs. 100 worth free talk time, & a 200/- games download or subscription free, and all of the free offers are not introductory offers. They are good for the long term.

As for the PC Secure package, they are offering their premium antivirus packages free with this plan.

Antivirus recommended by them is F-Secure.
Broadband and Internet India: Airtel PC Secure Anti-Virus Subscription

Last but not the least, I've referred them to my cousin and they agreed to call him. So this is not really exclusive offer, but you need to spread it through word of mouth. Or call 121 or 44444121 and find out more about the offer.

I will say, go for it. Dump your fav. operator for this one. Totally worth the money.

I would rather stay with my Home 649 plan wherein i get 256kb/s speed for unlimited downloads and 100 local calling minutes free.

why not BSNL c+

6k for year = 500pm + taxes , 2MBPS all the time , 2am till 8 am unlimited

2.5 GB cap

If you find good torrents ( Read with many seeders) ~6GB can be done in every night.(Bet 2-8) so ~180GB per month for 500pm+ taxes

If you want more the yes you have other plans .