Team-BHP - Airtel Broadband Turbo 1299 Plan (Unlimited 512KBps / 1MBps)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Airtel Broadband Turbo 1299 Plan (Unlimited 512KBps / 1MBps) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/61398-airtel-broadband-turbo-1299-plan-unlimited-512kbps-1mbps-7.html)

I am praying and hoping TATA comes with a killer offer, that will get the rest of the pack to pull up on this FUP thing. They did it once, I hope they do it again. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Vampire (Post 1957703)
I would definitely migrate to something else if Airtel plans to migrate existing subscribers into the new FUP limits.

OR

Do existing subscribers get to keep their original plans and original FUP limits?

You can keep your existing plan. I am on turbo 1299 plan (512 KBPS day/ 1 MBPS night) and keeping the plan as it is and don't want to migrate to the 1299 - 2 MBPS (so called) unlimited plan. Confirmed it with Airtel customer care.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 1957721)
If you are on a older plan, nothing changes. Just don't say yes to any marketing call from Airtel on any new plans!

Right. Just confirmed the same with Airtel.

I am on 1499 IPTV 512kbps plan.
I was given the offer to migrate to 1299 1mbps unlimited plan but I declined, as 1299 plan as 15GB FU limits. After 15GB you get 256kbps. So I stick to my old plan 512kbps day, 1mbps night :)

Have anyone checked out Impatience 899? For 899 bucks per month, you get 4 Mbps unlimited - I inquired with Customer care, and was told that I can migrate to this plan. I am currently on the Turbo 1299 (512 Day / 1 Mbps night), and am gonna mail them for migration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph03n!x (Post 1958334)
Have anyone checked out Impatience 899? For 899 bucks per month, you get 4 Mbps unlimited - I inquired with Customer care, and was told that I can migrate to this plan. I am currently on the Turbo 1299 (512 Day / 1 Mbps night), and am gonna mail them for migration.

FUP limit 6GB, speed post FUP limit 256Kbps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh (Post 1958429)
FUP limit 6GB, speed post FUP limit 256Kbps.

Just got the same news through mail from Airtel Customer care :Frustrati!

Sticking back with Turbo 1299. I wonder what is the logic of having a 4 Mbps plan with a FUP of 6 GB - it wont last for more than 4 hours of outright downloading!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph03n!x (Post 1958617)
Just got the same news through mail from Airtel Customer care :Frustrati!

Sticking back with Turbo 1299. I wonder what is the logic of having a 4 Mbps plan with a FUP of 6 GB - it wont last for more than 4 hours of outright downloading!

True. When there was press release few months that Airtel is going to double the speed of existing plans i thought i would shift to 1099 Plan, but after checking out the new plans looks like 1299 TURBO i have currently is the best bet.

One guy told me few days back that there was an offer from Airtel for double speed that the current with FUP 100GB for extra Rs 100.

Threaten to disconnect the connection and you can enjoy special plans they have for retaining customers. Don't have any more details, but you can definitely give it a try.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 1958859)
Threaten to disconnect the connection and you can enjoy special plans they have for retaining customers. Don't have any more details, but you can definitely give it a try.

Very true. I wanted to disconnect my connection as my usage was very less. They offered me a plan with very low rental and it was not on the website.
I changed to that new plan.

Let me try that. I am contemplating BSNL EVDO anyways...

Guys kindly suggest me a good plan in delhi.
Will use only for surfing few sites and playing games on Facebook.

I like the Impatience plans.

They are unlimited, although there is a threshold at which the speed falls from a hefty 4Mbs to a measly 512Mbs --- you pay according to where you want that threshold to be.

Those who hardly ever download can get superfast browsing, and the downloads they do will be very quick. Those who want high data bandwidth can pay for that privilege by setting a higher threshold.

The bad news is that it is not available from all Airtel exchanges, and I can't get it. Yet. Maybe by September, they tell me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 1959107)
I like the Impatience plans.

They are unlimited, although there is a threshold at which the speed falls from a hefty 4Mbs to a measly 512Mbs --- you pay according to where you want that threshold to be.

Those who hardly ever download can get superfast browsing, and the downloads they do will be very quick. Those who want high data bandwidth can pay for that privilege by setting a higher threshold.

The bad news is that it is not available from all Airtel exchanges, and I can't get it. Yet. Maybe by September, they tell me...

Anything in excess of 2MBps needs to be supported by the last mile. If not, it does not work. Also in my opinion for the current scenarios 2Mbps unlimited plans are most optimal (from a price performance trade-offs), if anyone can make it!

Oddly, my Airtel cabling is very new. We called the sales guy the same day we saw the workmen laying it in our street. We get 2Mb just fine. The modem says the line is good for 16, but I have no idea if that can be relied on.

It's upgrade fever. I'm actually very happy with 2Mb. The browsing experience is fine, and downloading is pretty good. Last month I downloaded several Ubuntu variants and clocked up over 13Gb (I have a 15Gb limit on he plan). It would have been awful doing that on my old BSNL 256K plan: I would have just given up.

2Mb is fine. I'll still go for that 4 when it becomes available, though, because the cost is not much more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 1959107)
...although there is a threshold at which the speed falls from a hefty 4Mbs to a measly 512Mbs

I thought that the speeds would drop to 256k after the FUP limit?!!