Team-BHP - Airtel Broadband Turbo 1299 Plan (Unlimited 512KBps / 1MBps)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Airtel Broadband Turbo 1299 Plan (Unlimited 512KBps / 1MBps) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/61398-airtel-broadband-turbo-1299-plan-unlimited-512kbps-1mbps-5.html)

I shifted to the 1299 plan a few days ago. Download speeds for torrents during day time is around 60kB/s and after 10pm it hovers between 110-130 kB/s. Pretty decent I would say.

Just need a clarification guys. The 1299 is excluding Service Tax or its an All Inclusive Price?

Obviously it is not inclusive of taxes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Vampire (Post 1410762)
Obviously it is not inclusive of taxes!

Just asked as Tata Indicom has All Inclusive Tariffs.

A few days back I got my Airtel plan changed to 1299 Turbo. A few minutes back I checked the connection speed. Here is the result:

Airtel Broadband Turbo 1299 Plan (Unlimited 512KBps / 1MBps)-speedometer.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 1410551)
I shifted to the 1299 plan a few days ago. Download speeds for torrents during day time is around 60kB/s and after 10pm it hovers between 110-130 kB/s. Pretty decent I would say.

From where are you downloading the torrents as am getting a very bad speed on same plan.

This is a really interesting plan. Like mentioned several times, none of the airtel rep's were able to tell me the FUP details.

Sorry for the OT post but i have a query.

I just finalised on TATA Indicom Broadband (wireline). The plan details are below. The limit is 70GB per month. Installation charge and security deposit of 1k each waived off if one pays 4 months rent in advance.

I have signed up for this, but installation happens next week. I still have time to cancel and stop cheque payment, when i saw this thread.

When I spoke to airtel, they offered a plan called Explorer 1099. Day speed 384 kbps and night speed 1mbps. The rep had no clue about the FUP limit.

I am wary about Airtel for :

1. Customer service sucks. Had serious issues in the past. Had a mobile then and vowed never to go back to airtel.

2. Broadband quality - dont want to face nightmares when it comes to downtime, network issues etc.

3. Billing issues.

Advantage is they are providing a telephone, modem etc. and it all comes to 1k with installation charge inclusive.

Please help me choose.

I get higher speeds at night for almost 300 bucks less per month. Only thing putting me off are above points.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 1411045)
From where are you downloading the torrents as am getting a very bad speed on same plan.

Mininova!

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 1411068)
When I spoke to airtel, they offered a plan called Explorer 1099. Day speed 384 kbps and night speed 1mbps. The rep had no clue about the FUP limit.

True that. Hardly a handful have a clue about the FUP.

Quote:

1. Customer service sucks. Had serious issues in the past. Had a mobile then and vowed never to go back to airtel.
Not sure about the mobile department, but their broadband customer service rocks. I have used Tata Indicom, BSNL, Airtel and I would rate airtel the best and tata the worst.

Quote:

2. Broadband quality - dont want to face nightmares when it comes to downtime, network issues etc.
Fortunately I have hardly ever faced any downtime issues in nearly a year now. I think the max downtime I had was for 2hrs around 5 months back. IIRC I have noticed a downtime around 6-7 times in the whole year. And my PC is on downloading something or the other 24x7.

Quote:

3. Billing issues.
Stick to the unlimited plans. Will save you the headache with the billing issues.

Quote:

Please help me choose.
I would recommend airtel anyday. Tata Indicom used to have a downtime of nearly 4hrs everyday and their representatives are probably the most careless people on this earth.

Quote:

I get higher speeds at night for almost 300 bucks less per month. Only thing putting me off are above points.
I was on the 384kbps plan earlier. Just shifted to the 512 kbps plan a week back. Since you will be at work whole day, I suggest you stick to the 1099 pack Aditya. Also what most representatives don't tell you is that you get the PC Secure free with the 1099 and 1299 plan while the others have to pay a monthly rental of Rs 50.

Tata Indicom is one of the worst service providers i have come across, Airtel is really good and any problem is usually solved within 4 working hours.They have always rectified the problem within the commited time.:thumbs up

Thanks for the reply @ broadband speed Rahul. :D

Edit - Thanks to you too DJ.

I'm gonna stop the chq payment to Tata. Bye Bye to Tata. lol:

Aditya,

My name is Aditya too and I am very happy with an Airtel BB connection :D

A question for all users of Airtel, can you actually get 1mbps as promised? A lot of people have mentioned to me, that although the provider says they have 1mbps, they end up getting way lower speeds than that.

n_aditya

I had terrible experience with TATA Indicom customer care with their Walky service. They don't listen to what you say and aren't flexible at all. It doesn't matter to them what your inconvenience is and speak very rudely, something like HDFC BANK. I would rate Airtel Broadband customer care much better than anything else I've seen so far. It is not the same with Airtel Mobile services but they are a different division altogether.

Beside the above, their network is very reliable and I had no downtime so far in my 6 month of association with them. Also, the tariff mentioned by them is almost the same as Airtel and the speed is lesser.

One more thing, in Pune, we have power cuts last upto 3 hours daily. So have a UPS if you plan to download 24/7, coz you are seriously going to need that. Keep the monitor off while you're away will help further. ;-)

@ Nitin,

You pretty much get what you pay for. They are consistent with that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 1411113)
A question for all users of Airtel, can you actually get 1mbps as promised? A lot of people have mentioned to me, that although the provider says they have 1mbps, they end up getting way lower speeds than that.

i called 3 days ago to change to this plan, they said 1mbps is subject to the area and they will let me know soon.

1mbps or not..atleast the same plan has been slashed from 1499 a month to 1299 a month and comes with some goodies like free 100rs call, free sercutity software etc..I am happy ! I only wish, they give a discount like BSNL does, if you pay for 10 months in one go and get for a year !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Vampire (Post 1403662)
Torrents could be SLOW even on a high speed line. I've often seen torrents crawling below 100Kbps speeds on my 16Mbps line while I was abroad. Torrent speeds largely depend on the contributing swarm which is inconsistent at best.

Get a rapidshare premium account if you are serious about downloading. Trust me, its worth every penny. I've been using one for the past 5+ years and will never go back to using torrents.

how dose rapid share work and what are the advantages of rapidshare