Team-BHP - Airtel Broadband Turbo 1299 Plan (Unlimited 512KBps / 1MBps)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Airtel Broadband Turbo 1299 Plan (Unlimited 512KBps / 1MBps) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/61398-airtel-broadband-turbo-1299-plan-unlimited-512kbps-1mbps-6.html)

torrents are the best in my opinion. speed depends on the no.of seeders and leechers so you cant blame the torrent concepts.
Usually what happens is when people complete downloading they dont seed, hence the slow speed for others.
I have signed up with various private torrent sites where it is mandatory to maintain a good d/l and u/l ratio. This ensures good speed ( i always get speeds that maxout my bandwidth) and the qualities are awesome.

You dont have to pay ! with rapidshare premium, you pay

so, go for torrents, but always check for screen shots, comments and no.of seeders before downloading

hi guys, i am glad, i am getting just over 1mbps from airtel for the plan in discussion !! attached screen shot

I've seen that Airtel always used to give good download speeds, typically a little more than the committed speeds. Here is mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdiatech (Post 1411759)
torrents are the best in my opinion. speed depends on the no.of seeders and leechers so you cant blame the torrent concepts.
Usually what happens is when people complete downloading they dont seed, hence the slow speed for others.
I have signed up with various private torrent sites where it is mandatory to maintain a good d/l and u/l ratio. This ensures good speed ( i always get speeds that maxout my bandwidth) and the qualities are awesome.

You dont have to pay ! with rapidshare premium, you pay

so, go for torrents, but always check for screen shots, comments and no.of seeders before downloading

Rapidshare should not be discounted in my opinion. I have been torrenting for years like you, however recently went ahead for a RS premium account.
~300 bucks a month - and no hassles of ratios and torrent speeds - crisp maxed out HTTP downloads is a pleasant change.

I just might renew my membership and stick with RS - who knows!

I am facing this problem since yesterday. When I test the speeds on speednet it shows around 500 kB/s during day time and around 1mB/s during nights but my download speeds have reduced drastically from 60kb/s during day time to around 25kB/s and from around 110-120 at night to around 60kB/s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 1415970)
I am facing this problem since yesterday. When I test the speeds on speednet it shows around 500 kB/s during day time and around 1mB/s during nights but my download speeds have reduced drastically from 60kb/s during day time to around 25kB/s and from around 110-120 at night to around 60kB/s.

+1. Same has happened to me as well.
Am thinking of complaining to customer care at night today.

Airtel Plans have changed, at least in Maharashtra circle. 1 Mbps is now 1099, Download limit is 15 GB and after 15 GB, speed falls all the way to 256 Kbps. Older plans, including Turbo 1299 are no longer valid.

Broadband Plans- Broadband Tariffs- Internet Connection Provider in India:Airtel

These new plans have been introduced this month. I'm changing to Swift 1099 now.

I was using the Swift 1099 plan before where i had a speed of 512 KBPS and 100 rs talktime and unlimited downloads. Airtel offered me a topup where i pay 100 rs extra and get double the free talktime as well as double the speed. So now i pay around 1300 ( with taxes ) and get 1 Mbps and unlimited download and 200 rs talktime. I'm very happy with the service that Airtel offers. I had used Sify and Reliance before at various times and had to go back to Airtel everytime. Atleast in Bangalore, Airtel offers the best service in broadband.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newpunter (Post 1957645)
I was using the Swift 1099 plan before where i had a speed of 512 KBPS and 100 rs talktime and unlimited downloads. Airtel offered me a topup where i pay 100 rs extra and get double the free talktime as well as double the speed. So now i pay around 1300 ( with taxes ) and get 1 Mbps and unlimited download and 200 rs talktime. I'm very happy with the service that Airtel offers. I had used Sify and Reliance before at various times and had to go back to Airtel everytime. Atleast in Bangalore, Airtel offers the best service in broadband.

I am using this exact service for the last six-seven months. It works like a charm.

Now they claim pay another 100 and get 2MBPS for 20GB (speed reduces after that to 256 kbps).
But that is subject to the fact that you line supports 2MBPS.
Airtel will certify this at their end before confirming availability of this service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newpunter (Post 1957645)

It is the same as the new Swith 1099 plan with additional 200 Rs. worth talktime. The only catch is if you use it or not, Airtel will always be assured of 200 Rs. worth talktime. If you use it all, good. If you don't, Airtel gets bonus ARPU. Win-Win for them. :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 1957662)
I am using this exact service for the last six-seven months. It works like a charm.

Now they claim pay another 100 and get 2MBPS for 20GB (speed reduces after that to 256 kbps).
But that is subject to the fact that you line supports 2MBPS.
Airtel will certify this at their end before confirming availability of this service.

1299 for 20 GB @ 2 Mbps, after that 256 Kbps. 1699 for 40 GB @ 2 Mbps, after that 256 Kbps.

The new FUP limits seems way too low!!!
I'm currently on the Turbo 1299 plan (512Kbps day - 1Mbps Night) and my downloads cross 130-150GB per month.

I would definitely migrate to something else if Airtel plans to migrate existing subscribers into the new FUP limits.

OR

Do existing subscribers get to keep their original plans and original FUP limits?

Quote:

Originally Posted by given2fly (Post 1957685)
1299 for 20 GB @ 2 Mbps, after that 256 Kbps. 1699 for 40 GB @ 2 Mbps, after that 256 Kbps.

1299 for 2MBps full unlimited would be really good.

I moved to the Swift 1099 plan last week. Earlier I was in some plan where I was upgrade to 512kbps and monthly payout of 1270Rs.

The FUP limit is pathetic! 15GB! And after that, 256kbps! What the hell!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Vampire (Post 1957703)
...Do existing subscribers get to keep their original plans and original FUP limits?

If you are on a older plan, nothing changes. Just don't say yes to any marketing call from Airtel on any new plans!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 1957721)
I moved to the Swift 1099 plan last week. Earlier I was in some plan where I was upgrade to 512kbps and monthly payout of 1270Rs.

The FUP limit is pathetic! 15GB! And after that, 256kbps! What the hell!

If you are on a older plan, nothing changes. Just don't say yes to any marketing call from Airtel on any new plans!

This 100 rupee thing was actually good. Because now for 1200 (plus tax) you get 1Mbps unlimited for 24 hours as against 1299 plan.

I guess the days of unlimited downloading is numbered.:Frustrati

Started this week with Rapidshare going mental with some moronic ideas and now Airtel with more idiotic FUP limits. :deadhorse

Why would they even call these plans "Unlimited" when they have stupid FUP limits