Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2019, 11:50   #76
BHPian

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I got it for 5000 in an amazon sale without case.

I can't live without it - the audio quality is amazing and no one can figure that I am on bluetooth!
I bought it from Amazon. The call quality is insane! I just tested it with somone by talking to them when riding a bike (it was pretty windy). I am told while they could hear am on the road, my voice was still crystal clear. I have ordered the charging case from amazon now. Thanks for the reassurance guys.
Old 25th November 2019, 21:23   #77
Senior - BHPian

Got the Airdots. Man, I am pleasantly amazed. Great sound! Especially considering the price.

On my recent visit to India though, I saw this great deal on a "Renewed" Sennheiser HD 4.50 SE on Amazon. Considering that it sells for $200 here, I was a bit skeptical on the price and quality but again I was pleasantly surprised! I got it for Rs.3900!

The Sennheiser are great! A little painful on the ears for very extended periods of time but they do a great job for air travel. Mighty pleased.
Old 22nd April 2020, 17:37   #78
BHPian

I am in the market for a good bluetooth headset. For the below uses what would you recommend

1. Office calls sometimes running upto one hour
2. Jogging / walking and listening to music - sweat absorption
3. Noise cancellation
Old 4th May 2020, 00:38   #79
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Headphones Thread

Bought Bose 700 with charging case, got it for 1699 AED ~ 34,000 INR. This the second one in the family, earlier this year I got one for my sister, without the charging case though.

The bass is not as strong as Sony WH-1000XM3. Very little customisation options on the Bose via the app, whereas Sony got plenty.

Bluetooth Headphones-unadjustednonraw_thumb_7343.jpg

Last edited by ecenandu : 4th May 2020 at 00:44.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 09:41   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Headphones Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Bought Bose 700 with charging case, got it for 1699 AED ~ 34,000 INR. This the second one in the family, earlier this year I got one for my sister, without the charging case though. The bass is not as strong as Sony WH-1000XM3. Very little customisation options on the Bose via the app, whereas Sony got plenty
Congrats on the new cans. The price in India is marginally higher at Rs 35K but that's without the charging case IIRC.

This probably belongs to the BT headphones thread (Bluetooth Headphones). Mods, please move these posts to that thread.

In the NC range, I have the older Bose model i.e the 35, the Sony WH1000-XM3 & the Sennheiser PXC 550 headphones. I prefer the Bose or Sennheiser for more balanced sound. The Sony is a bit too bass heavy for my liking. Of course the noise cancellation in the Sony is superior to both as it is a newer model. As you said, the Sony's settings can be truly customised compared to the other 2. I auditioned the Bose 700 for a very short while at the their showroom. It was inconclusive and I am still undecided about the upgrade from the Bose 35.

I am keen on checking out the WF-1000XM3 Sony's true wireless earbuds but they have not been released in India yet.

All 3 headphones are very comfortable to wear for extended periods of time but the issue in hot weather is the pads become sticky with perspiration. I wish there was an option for velour pads. Also, the Sony's ear pads are expensive, Rs 2200 each i.e. 4400 for the pair. I'd recommend regularly wiping off sweat and skin oil with a microfiber or cotton cloth after use to prevent deterioration of the pads and headband cushioning. I follow this practice with all my headphones wireless and non-wireless.

Last edited by R2D2 : 5th May 2020 at 09:43.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 23:35   #81
BHPian

I am looking for a Bluetooth headset for my work. I will be on call for atleast 6 hours a day as my role is incident manager. Any suggestions for a wireless headphones which can provide good call quality and a good battery life ? I use an iPhone 8 for work calls and sometimes use my OnePlus 7T also. Thanks in advance!
Old 12th May 2020, 02:09   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Any suggestions for a wireless headphones which can provide good call quality and a good battery life ? I use an iPhone 8 for work calls and sometimes use my OnePlus 7T also. Thanks in advance!
Hi Sairam, I bought the Apple AirPods Pro in December 2019 and am very very happy with them.

Connecting them to my iPhone 11 is a breeze, Call quality and battery life is excellent. The transparency and noise cancellation modes work like a charm. If you have an Apple TV device these can be connected as well. The best part about the AirPods Pro is, they just work, it’s so seamless and easy.

No idea on using these with the One Plus.

Cheers
Old 12th May 2020, 03:12   #83
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for a Bluetooth headset for my work. I will be on call for atleast 6 hours a day as my role is incident manager.
What is your budget? Apple AirPods Pro would be the best bet, but not sure if the battery life will suit your needs. See the quoted bit below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I bought the Apple AirPods Pro in December 2019 and am very very happy with them.
He has specified that he will be on call for at least 6 hours a day. Not sure if the AirPods Pro will be suitable for his usage. Quoting about the usage from Apple's website below:

Quote:
AirPods Pro
Up to 4.5 hours of listening time with a single charge (up to 5 hours with Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency off)
Up to 3.5 hours of talk time with a single charge

AirPods Pro with Wireless Charging Case
More than 24 hours of listening time
More than 18 hours of talk time
5 minutes in the case provides around 1 hour of listening time7 or around 1 hour of talk time
Source

Cheers
Old 12th May 2020, 06:22   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Hi Sairam, I bought the Apple AirPods Pro in December 2019 and am very very happy with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
What is your budget? Apple AirPods Pro would be the best bet, but not sure if the battery life will suit your needs. See the quoted bit below
Hi Joxter and Cyborg! Thanks for the suggestion! I have an airpods but it has some issues recently. The left airpod loses battery soon. Hence the request for a new one. I don't know whether I will be able to service it. So the plan to buy one. Budget is 10k.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 20th May 2020 at 03:31. Reason: Trimmed extra spacing between quotes.
Old 12th May 2020, 15:19   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Joxter and Cyborg! Thanks for the suggestion! I have an airpods but it has some issues recently. The left airpod loses battery soon. Hence the request for a new one. I don't know whether I will be able to service it. So the plan to buy one. Budget is 10k.
Went to a store nearby house and picked up a Samsung level bluetooth headset. Quality is average. Will pick up a better one once ecommerce delivery starts.
Old 12th May 2020, 18:51   #86
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for a Bluetooth headset for my work. I will be on call for atleast 6 hours a day as my role is incident manager. Any suggestions for a wireless headphones which can provide good call quality and a good battery life ? I use an iPhone 8 for work calls and sometimes use my OnePlus 7T also. Thanks in advance!
One Plus Bullets 2 is the best bet for you. Will work like a charm with the 7T.
I have been using it on my Nokia 6.1 Plus for last 8 months and it is brilliant. Supports AptX HD and Bluetooth 5. Call quality is very good and though there is no active noise cancellation the passive noise cancellation is very good. It supports multi-device connectivity (2 devices at a time) and and 12-14 hrs of battery life. A single charge last me up to 2-3 days based on usage. The magnetic buds are one of the best features and helps extend battery life further. It supports Warp charge and a 10 mins charge gives you enough life to last 10 hrs. Bluetooth range is pretty unless you have a wall or obstruction in between.

Unless you specifically want something more costlier this wireless headphone will meet 90% of your expectations at almost 30% of the price of big guys. If you want something purely for calls then something like Platronics will have lot of better options. If music is what you are after nothing still beats a wired headphone and options are plenty ranging from 1 K to what your limit is. But as a jack of all trades for less than 6k nothing beats One Plus 2 Bullets wireless.

https://www.amazon.in/OnePlus-Bullet.../dp/B07R84NTGJ

Last edited by nibedk : 12th May 2020 at 18:53. Reason: Additional text
Old 12th May 2020, 23:21   #87
BHPian

This may not work for everyone and is a little OT

Before the lockdown started, I got home one of the Jabra Speak 510's from my office. I dont think I am ever going back to Bluetooth earphones/headphones for any office calls unless on the move. This thing is so convenient, has pretty good noise cancellation, runs an entire day without connecting it to my laptop and works pretty seamlessly overall.
Old 13th May 2020, 01:08   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
...Jabra Speak 510...
This is definitely on my purchase list in the near future. I spend a lot of time on calls and don't like being stuck to my desk with a wired headset or have wireless earphones on all day.

I'd love to get a decent quality USB/BT speakerphone.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th May 2020 at 01:43.
Old 14th May 2020, 18:29   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
One Plus Bullets 2 is the best bet for you. Call quality is very good and though there is no active noise cancellation the passive noise cancellation is very good.
I have the Bullets 1 and use it for lengthy concalls for work. I am disappointed with the noise cancellation feature or lack of it. It picks up a lot of stray noise, and I have had to switch it off on a number of occasions as others have complained of hearing too much background noise.

Battery life is stunning though and the sound quality is great too.

Glad to hear the Bullets 2 is much better.

Last edited by itwasntme : 14th May 2020 at 18:35.
Old 19th May 2020, 17:03   #90
Senior - BHPian

Looking for suggestions on Bluetooth headphones. Use case is for passive listening to music (no audiophile quality needed). Main requirement is comfort on extended usage.

I am satisfied with OnePlus Bullets 2 for calls.

There are impressive ones like Sony WH-1000XM3, but I can't sell my kidneys for it Looking for something under 10K

Most Viewed