Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 16:53   #5281
Senior - BHPian

@GTO: It all depends on your budget. A simple phone with no frills and just basic telephony and messaging will cost about Rs 1500 and then there is no limit to what more you want. But then we have extreme_torque calling the E55 a simple phone which nandishpal calls a pretty high end one.
Old 24th September 2009, 17:02   #5282
BHPian

please check the buzzer of the 6303 nokia its very mild & has to be kept near the ear.not sure on the sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
Need a quick camparo of Sony Ericsson C510BLK 3.2 MP camera phone and Nokia 6303 3.2 MP camera phone.

PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 24th September 2009, 17:06   #5283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
please check the buzzer of the 6303 nokia its very mild & has to be kept near the ear.not sure on the sony
Bro, when you say buzzer, you mean the ringing volume? or the vibrator?
Old 24th September 2009, 17:07   #5284
BHPian

i mean the ringing volume.its way below the standards
Quote:
Bro, when you say buzzer, you mean the ringing volume? or the vibrator?
Old 24th September 2009, 17:13   #5285
BHPian

Thanks a ton Nandi.

I need a phone for my wife. She is good at clicking pics. I want to gift her a phone with at least 3.2 MP camera. Cheap, preferably sub 10k. Any suggestions? It will be great if I can buy it this evening.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Dippy : 24th September 2009 at 17:43. Reason: see note in post
Old 24th September 2009, 17:26   #5286
Senior - BHPian

Gurus,

I need to sell my Nokia E61i and Motorola A920. What would be a decent price for both respectively?
Old 24th September 2009, 18:09   #5287
BHPian

i would suggest the 7610 supernova.as this phone is for a lady this would be the best phone.it comes with a good 3.2 megapixel & flash,available in attractive colors too.you also get 1 extra back panel free in the sales kit.my personal opinion would be a white 7610s.also it has a 2 gb card free.the price would be 9050 inclusive of all taxes.
all the best & keep us posted.
Quote:
Thanks a ton Nandi.

I need a phone for my wife. She is good at clicking pics. I want to gift her a phone with at least 3.2 MP camera. Cheap, preferably sub 10k. Any suggestions? It will be great if I can buy it this evening.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.
Old 24th September 2009, 18:11   #5288
BHPian

the e61i would fetch you 2k to 2.5k if it is in top condition with all accessories.A920 i doubt you will find any buyers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Gurus,

I need to sell my Nokia E61i and Motorola A920. What would be a decent price for both respectively?
Old 24th September 2009, 20:54   #5289
BHPian

Quote:
i would suggest the 7610 supernova.as this phone is for a lady this would be the best phone.it comes with a good 3.2 megapixel & flash,available in attractive colors too.you also get 1 extra back panel free in the sales kit.my personal opinion would be a white 7610s.also it has a 2 gb card free.the price would be 9050 inclusive of all taxes.
all the best & keep us posted.

Thanks for the quick response. I checked the reviews on Mouthshut, none is great. More issues than good things about the phone. Any other suggestions. I am surfing Nokia India site and surprisingly, supernnova doesn't feature on it under the products catagory. I had to search separately to find it.
Old 25th September 2009, 10:23   #5290
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Nice. But way too many features for my intended use. I even see a WLAN icon in the images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
how about this one decent camera and simple styling

Nokia 6700 classic review: Sirocco Lite - GSMArena.com
Functionality wise : Spot on. Looks?

Quote:
i think you should go in for a nokia 3120c.great phone,very compact.would be priced at 7150 inclusive of all taxes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
@GTO: It all depends on your budget. A simple phone with no frills and just basic telephony and messaging will cost about Rs 1500 and then there is no limit to what more you want. But then we have extreme_torque calling the E55 a simple phone which nandishpal calls a pretty high end one.
Umm, my usage is pretty rough & the phone is all over the place (including on the Jeep floor during offroading). I'd say 15K (20K if there is something I really like?).

I think I'll go down to a Mobile Store outlet over the weekend and check out phones in person too.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th September 2009 at 22:04. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 25th September 2009, 11:11   #5291
Senior - BHPian

Need advice

Guys, im planning to buy a mobile handset shortly(within a week). Following are the feature requirements, please suggest a few suitable options:

Must have:
Music player with atleast 1gb capacity & upgradable.
Speaker sound output independent of plugging the earphones.
decent sound quality.
Decent camera.
Clear color display.
Sturdy handset.
Slim, light and decent looking.
Budget max : 5k
Anything but a Motorola.

Please advise.

Cheers,
Jay

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 25th September 2009 at 11:20.
Old 25th September 2009, 11:34   #5292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks guys.

Nice. But way too many features for my intended use. I even see a WLAN icon in the images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
how about this one decent camera and simple styling

Nokia 6700 classic review: Sirocco Lite - GSMArena.com

Functionality wise : Spot on. Looks?
6700 Classic certainly is Spot on for your needs. I recently bought it for my uncle who's needs are exactly like yours. He loves it !

My father too had similar needs from his phone but I have managed to Up his needs a bit and get a BB. Now he's addicted.

You should consider the BB, it makes work easier when on the move and with the whole world on BBM now you would save a lot on your SMS bill. You could get rid of that Reliance/Tata data card all together!

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th September 2009 at 22:04. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 25th September 2009, 12:55   #5293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the e61i would fetch you 2k to 2.5k if it is in top condition with all accessories.A920 i doubt you will find any buyers.
Thank you very much. As for A920 I think I will keep it. It has GPS and I should start using it effectively and also to kill the occasional dog. That thing looks and weighs like a brick.
Old 25th September 2009, 13:25   #5294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Umm, my usage is pretty rough & the phone is all over the place (including on the Jeep floor during offroading). I'd say 15K (20K if there is something I really like?).
Since you mentioned such a usage, please check out Samsung Marine, its waterproof, I mean you can have it running when your jeep is deep in slush with your phone in it.

Samsung Marine Overview - Samsung Mobile India

It aint stylish & is cheap but is extremely reliable.

Quote:
The Samsung MARINE B2100 is priced at Rs. 7,030. Although it might seem as if the MARINE B2100 is targeted at a very niche audience, when you think about it, we all need a phone like this, especially during the monsoons. A phone like this in this season will be a great asset for anyone. You won't have to worry about damaging this phone in the rains, or if you drop it on a concrete surface or a pool.

The built-in flashlight means finding something in the dark will be much easier. Also, the phone has other features like music playback and a built-in camera (which could have been better). The MARINE B2100 might not be very desirable, but it definitely will be useful. In the end it is a device that appeals more to the head than the heart and if you follow your head on this one then you might just end up saving quite a bit of money on repair bills this monsoon.

Read Full Review Here

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th September 2009 at 13:27.
Old 25th September 2009, 18:11   #5295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Since you mentioned such a usage, please check out Samsung Marine, its waterproof, I mean you can have it running when your jeep is deep in slush with your phone in it.

Samsung Marine Overview - Samsung Mobile India

It aint stylish & is cheap but is extremely reliable.
now that you mentioned marine, I would like to mention that there are very easily available ziploc style transparent bags for underwater usage which can be used for cellphones and cameras, and you can operate them without opening the bag (except listening to the caller, i guess).

Amazon.com: Lewis N. Clark Waterproof Multi Purpose pouch Large: Apparel

EDIT: AFAIK, motorolas are best when it comes to throwing them around.

Last edited by vivekiny2k : 25th September 2009 at 18:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks