Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2009, 19:22   #5656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Nokia 5230 is out and its amazing value for money. iPOD beating audio quality with standard 3.5 mm jack, GPS, 3G, 2 MP Cam with VGA video recording, 3.2 inch 640 X 360 resolution touchscreen... basically 5800 XM minus 3.2 MP cam and Wifi... and all this for 8500 brand new!!!!! Beat that samsung!
Hows the touch experience ? I am not a fan of touch but i heard this phone as GPS!

Wishful thinking but only if it had Wifi for that price
Old 1st January 2010, 22:42   #5657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
try an updated version of your phone suite???
Techno you have company!

I tried to update firmware as my '1' and two other button ( to take call, left main key) wasn't working. I had the latest but reflashed thinking it will fix. It was done and I loaded the backup. It wanted to restart and I said ok, please! It wont boot back up now

Hope the guys at Nokia can fix it tomorrow. Mine's a two year old E51. Great phone til date.
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:14   #5658
BHPian

I have a Samsung D780 (Dual Sim GSM). Works great when I am at home or at office but the phone does seem to have strong signal connection when I am driving as there are frequent voice breaks during the calls.
Anybody else with this same model, facing similar issue?
Old 2nd January 2010, 23:56   #5659
BHPian

Nokia N73 ME, Motorola SLVR L7e.
Old 3rd January 2010, 00:43   #5660
BHPian

Anyone know a good smart phone with a touch screen and a great camera? Basically, I need something that can take good snaps in dimly lit situations without resorting to blowing up the image with a flash. I have a Hero at the moment and the cam is quite noisy and the night mode's pretty much non-existent. I've already owned a Satio and Omnia HD in the past, so I'm not interested in those. I've heard the N97 Mini has a good cam but I'd hate to lug around all that unnecessary bulk. Anything from the Android camp?
Old 3rd January 2010, 02:58   #5661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nokia 5230 is out and its amazing value for money. iPOD beating audio quality with standard 3.5 mm jack, GPS, 3G, 2 MP Cam with VGA video recording, 3.2 inch 640 X 360 resolution touchscreen... basically 5800 XM minus 3.2 MP cam and Wifi... and all this for 8500 brand new!!!!! Beat that samsung!
How much is its memory. Do they give a 8GB SD card as in the 5800.
Old 3rd January 2010, 08:42   #5662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Any other suggestions? Does Samsung, Nokia, Sony Ericcson, etc have such models?
Sansung has a few dual sim models.

We also have companies like Spice and Fly. Have a look at there websites.
Old 3rd January 2010, 14:33   #5663
Senior - BHPian

well I am still using my good old communication pal NOKIA 6600 and NOKIA 3230. I am attaching the pics of both .
If anyone requires any assistance regarding these 2 handsets please feel free to contact me. I can help you with providing software, enclosures, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-03012010181.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-03012010182.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-03012010183.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-03012010184.jpg  

Old 3rd January 2010, 15:06   #5664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
How much is its memory. Do they give a 8GB SD card as in the 5800.
5230 sales package does not include memory card or data cable. But these can easily be purchased separately.

Has anyone used 5230 or 5530 ? How is the speaker volume in 5230 and battery backup in 5530 as compared to 5800 ?

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 3rd January 2010, 16:05   #5665
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
I have a Samsung D780 (Dual Sim GSM). Works great when I am at home or at office but the phone does seem to have strong signal connection when I am driving as there are frequent voice breaks during the calls.
Anybody else with this same model, facing similar issue?
Which service are you using ? A lot depends on the network(s).
Old 3rd January 2010, 17:52   #5666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Anyone know a good smart phone with a touch screen and a great camera? Basically, I need something that can take good snaps in dimly lit situations without resorting to blowing up the image with a flash. I have a Hero at the moment and the cam is quite noisy and the night mode's pretty much non-existent. I've already owned a Satio and Omnia HD in the past, so I'm not interested in those. I've heard the N97 Mini has a good cam but I'd hate to lug around all that unnecessary bulk. Anything from the Android camp?
Here ya go:

The (Google) Nexus One has a 5 megapixel camera with LED flash, and we have to say so far the pictures it snaps look pretty decent (and the camera software is much faster than the same component on the Droid). The phone is incredibly thin and sleek -- a little thinner than the iPhone -- but it has pretty familiar HTC-style industrial design. It's very handsome, but not blow-you-away good looking. It's a very slim, very pocketable phone, and feels pretty good in your hand.

Engadget

Last edited by proton : 3rd January 2010 at 17:54. Reason: its Googles first phone
Old 3rd January 2010, 18:22   #5667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Which service are you using ? A lot depends on the network(s).
I am using Airtel and Vodafone.
Old 3rd January 2010, 18:46   #5668
BHPian

Quote:
You forgot the most important thing my friend. It is a smartphone as it has an OS (Symbian). This is the most differentiating thing from samsung which doesnt have touch smartphone below 15k range. I think true with other manufacturers too. Correct me if wrong.
Old 3rd January 2010, 20:27   #5669
Senior - BHPian

I got the Nokia E72 a few days back, and I am in love with the phone. It's like an E63 (my previous phone) on Steroids and I find it's additional features like better camera, faster processor, newer OS and optical trackpad useful. Not to forget the fact that's a head turner!

Stuff I don't like:
  • Quirky release of OS: Have OUT OF MEMORY issues when opening contacts!! Only resolved by a restart.
  • OS seems to lag at times. I am sure it's a memory leak issue.
  • Home button and left soft key are very close. I press the other by mistake, many a time.
  • Speaker isn't TOO loud.
  • Optical Trackpad could have been optimized for more functionality.
  • When I hold the phone close to my mouth, the person opposite JUST doesn't hear me well. Never had this issue with the E63/E71.
  • Camera application slightly laggy.
  • Volume buttons on the side DO not align properly in straight line. Must be an issue in my handset, but looks very untidy.
  • Major Issue of LED leakage under screen and some buttons.
  • Quirky way of locking keypad. i like the earlier way better.
  • Nokia Messaging SUCKS!
  • Nokia Mail for Exchange is not working with my GMail at times.
  • Too many sub folders present in the menu. Wish it was slightly less complicated to find the applications I need.
All in all, it's not a PERFECT phone, but hardware wise it's excellent. Great telephone capabilities, STUPENDOUS battery (blows the E71 and E63 away by miles!!), great keyboard, amazing speed and spanking metal body (read: Corporate Looks)
A firmware update should fix a lot of the things. But I hope it doesn't break some near perfect things too!
Old 4th January 2010, 10:13   #5670
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I got the Nokia E72 a few days back, and I am in love with the phone.
Stuff I don't like:
Frankie how do these Nokia devices (I have seen a few that look like Black-berries) compare to the real McCoy (Black-Berry)?

I mean for email - ease of access, sorting of emails in folders, etc.. I figure as long as I am going to 'forced' to live with a device that has 35 keys (instead of 12) I can consdier the E72 v/s the Bold 9700. Right? Vodaphone has still not given me the 9700 - promised end of Jan - so I have time to change my mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks