Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2012, 08:49   #1111
BHPian

re: iBhp - Think Different (Team-BHPians on a Mac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrjun View Post
I'm unable to delete data from flash drives/external hard disks attached to my Macbook Pro.When I move files to the trash bin,the free space on the external drives does not decrease and I'm ultimately forced to format the drive to regain the lost space.

Any suggestions ?
This happened to me too. You need to empty the trash to get the free space in Ext HDD.
Old 10th December 2012, 23:09   #1112

iBHPians (even plain BHPians ) ITunes India music store is now open for business. Personally was waiting for this since long. Surprisingly Not much publicized, may be i missed the news, not sure. Hope to see other online stores comeup. Songs are mostly INR 12 per song, Movies too.
Old 11th December 2012, 13:09   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecker View Post
iBHPians (even plain BHPians ) ITunes India music store is now open for business. Personally was waiting for this since long. Surprisingly Not much publicized, may be i missed the news, not sure. Hope to see other online stores comeup. Songs are mostly INR 12 per song, Movies too.
I personally use flipkart for music downloads. The prices there are typically 5/- per song compared to 12/- on iTunes.
Old 11th December 2012, 15:37   #1114

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I think because it was mentioned in more then a couple of threads, I thought I should start a thread on Apple Computers, many of the t-bhpians who use these machines can share knowledge, troubleshoot and reccomend software to fellow users. And if there are some windows users out there who are thinking of switching we should be able to help them out as well.

Let me start I own a Aluminium iMac 20" and a MacBook Black (last gen)

Attachment 173873

Attachment 173874

About more then a year ago I shifted to Mac by buying a iMac and there has been no looking back ever since. Everything is so much better. Bought the MacBook as well but hardly used it till a couple of days back. I am absolutely happy with Apple's service because I had a fault in the iMac in a couple of months of buying it and it was replaced no questions asked. Since then I've invested in a 500GB Time Capsule as well. I didnt like the new unibody MacBook's and never had the use for a MacBook Pro. Am looking at picking up a AIR in the near future for the absolute portability.

Oh and did I mention these things look fantastic and have amazing snob value as well. And if anyone here is going to ask about installing Windows on their mac's they will get flamed. Its just wrong. Please dont ever do it. 
Mine is a 2011 Imac and i recently upgraded to Lion, I am struggling with screen color calibration. I am into photography and am finding it difficult to deal with colors. Any help? will re installing OS helps? All the profiles in Color utility is missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Apple announced a beautiful new 13" Retina Macbook Pro for $1699 as well as a super sexy, super thin new iMac which I believe is for $1299.

Attachment 1004983
Attachment 1004984
I always wonder why we need a super thin Desktop on a Table

JC

Last edited by DerAlte : 11th December 2012 at 16:03.
Old 12th December 2012, 01:07   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4CAR View Post
Mine is a 2011 Imac and i recently upgraded to Lion, I am struggling with screen color calibration. I am into photography and am finding it difficult to deal with colors. Any help? will re installing OS helps? All the profiles in Color utility is missing.
Give this a quick read http://bythom.com/qadcolor.htm
Old 12th December 2012, 09:21   #1116
BHPian

Any ideas how to downgrade from Mountain Lion. I didnt do any backup when I downloaded and upgraded Mountain Lion. Going back due to pathetic battery life.
Old 12th December 2012, 10:23   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Any ideas how to downgrade from Mountain Lion. I didnt do any backup when I downloaded and upgraded Mountain Lion. Going back due to pathetic battery life.
There is no auto downgrade option. You will have to backup all your user data (and apps if you want), reinstall the older version using DVD and restore your data and apps.
Old 12th December 2012, 10:25   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
There is no auto downgrade option. You will have to backup all your user data (and apps if you want), reinstall the older version using DVD and restore your data and apps.
Backup in the sense, make use of Time Machine? I do not have a Ext. HDD which is free of space. Any alternate options to make a backup?
Old 12th December 2012, 10:53   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Backup in the sense, make use of Time Machine? I do not have a Ext. HDD which is free of space. Any alternate options to make a backup?
Instead of going through all these, I suggest you try to fix your battery issues. How long will you be able to delay the upgrade? You will have to move up some day.

BTW Did you upgrade to latest 10.8.2? This release did improve battery life for me in general. See if you have any particular process that is using too much CPU, that can cause battery drain.

Last edited by Gandhi : 12th December 2012 at 10:54.
Old 12th December 2012, 11:07   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Instead of going through all these, I suggest you try to fix your battery issues. How long will you be able to delay the upgrade? You will have to move up some day.

BTW Did you upgrade to latest 10.8.2? This release did improve battery life for me in general. See if you have any particular process that is using too much CPU, that can cause battery drain.
I have tried all the fixes listed in Apple support forums. And yes I am on 10.8.2
I have posted my issue in the community and shared the logs as well. Did try all their solution, but all in vain.
Old 12th December 2012, 11:16   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
I have tried all the fixes listed in Apple support forums. And yes I am on 10.8.2
I have posted my issue in the community and shared the logs as well. Did try all their solution, but all in vain.
Okay. You would first have to back-up all your personal files onto an external hard drive. Then, you would erase your Mac's hard drive. Then install Lion. Then move back all your personal files from the external to the Mac and finally reinstall all your applications.
Old 12th December 2012, 11:19   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
Okay. You would first have to back-up all your personal files onto an external hard drive. Then, you would erase your Mac's hard drive. Then install Lion. Then move back all your personal files from the external to the Mac and finally reinstall all your applications.
That seems to be a himalayan task. Cant I take a kind of image and then restore it. BTW, what tool should I use for the backup. Just the personal files should do.
Old 12th December 2012, 11:43   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
That seems to be a himalayan task. Cant I take a kind of image and then restore it. BTW, what tool should I use for the backup. Just the personal files should do.
By backup I meant, just copy over your personal files to an external harddrive and then copy it back to the Mac once you install Lion.
Old 12th December 2012, 11:53   #1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Give this a quick read http://bythom.com/qadcolor.htm
Thank you. Pretty neat detail. Will try to set Gamma and do some tweaks as suggested.

JC
Old 12th December 2012, 11:54   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
By backup I meant, just copy over your personal files to an external harddrive and then copy it back to the Mac once you install Lion.
Ok. Any ways we can backup the installed apps and its data and restore them?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks