Team-BHP - The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/67390-laptop-thread-configs-deals-questions-168.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCR (Post 2010896)

The package costed me 36,800/- OTR:uncontrol. Now awaiting delivery.

No extended warranty ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashank.A (Post 2010935)
No extended warranty ?

No. I did not opt for it:D.

The booking process was super smooth. No other computer vendor can match this.

WOW !! Just got this deal -

Dell Vostro 3700

17.3” High Definition+ Wide LED Anti-Glare Display
Intel i3 processor
3 GB DDR
250 GB 7200 RPM HDD
1 year complete cover and warranty
Delivery and tax

INR 36,600

Isn't that sweet :D

Isn't there an issue with buying Vostros for personal use? I heard something on those lines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssYouWe (Post 2013527)
Isn't there an issue with buying Vostros for personal use? I heard something on those lines.

Its not for personal use. I am a business owner, and this is for office use.

Now, I have finally decided to stick to Acer 5740.

Acer 5740
# Intel® Core™ i3-330M Processor (2.13Ghz, 4Threads, 3M cache)
# LINUX OS
# 3GB (1 X 1GB + 1 X 2GB) 2 DIMM DDR3 1066Mhz
# 320GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
# 15.6" HD 1366 x 768 pixel resolution, high-brightness (220-nit) Acer CineCrystal™ LED-backlit TFT LCD
# Intel media 4500MHD

I have seen an Ad on Times of India - Bangalore Edition on Aug 02, 2010.
Acer Aspire 5740 + Goodies for 28,999/- + Tax

Kindly suggest me a good place to buy Acer in Bangalore. I am planning to buy tomorrow evening.

Any reliable place where-in Laptop spares can be purchased online ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssYouWe (Post 2013527)

Could you be please more forthcoming. I would like to know what issue it is.

please:

The company does not retail these (business laptops) for customers with a personal use requirement. But there are ways around it.

I am not sure if this is actually true. This is what a Dell Reseller told me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssYouWe (Post 2015945)
The company does not retail these (business laptops) for customers with a personal use requirement. But there are ways around it.

I am not sure if this is actually true. This is what a Dell Reseller told me.

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking of buying a vostro for my bro. I have used vostro in USA and its a great laptop for its price. I was able to get it as a personal use too. So just asked.

Picked up a Vostro 1014 a couple of days back. Core 2 Duo with 4 GB DDR2. Should be good to run Outlook, word and Excel...

I'm planning to buy a Sony Vaio Z series (13") and I would like to know if any one here already owns this machine and if yes, then did you try running Ubuntu and if yes, then did you face any driver compatibility issues? Would be kind if anyone can post their comments!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevelle (Post 1978014)
Regarding your above query, Dell is better than Lenovo's. I have a Dell Vostro 1500 and Lenovo G460.

Not fair comparing the Lenovo G series against Dell. Lenovo high end machines are awesome especially the T series. Just own one and you will find the difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe1980 (Post 2018395)
Not fair comparing the Lenovo G series against Dell. Lenovo high end machines are awesome especially the T series. Just own one and you will find the difference.

Both the laptops i have owned 1500 and G460 are budget level laptops. For me its apples to apples comparison. Why would i bring a high end Lenovo just bring Vostro 1500 down? Wouldn't i do the same by bringing XPS and Latitude range in Dell?

I have used my friends XPS range, and trust me it great. No comments on T series of Lenovo as i haven't come across one.

The intention was that when you go for Lenovo, better go for the T series. The other lower end versions from Lenovo are not that good and you are right that Dell low end machines are much better. But for the high end ones, I'd say the Lenovo T series to be the ultimate buy. I own both XPS and a R-61 Lenovo and I find my Lenovo R61 give be better performance than the XPS with the fact that both have the same configuration. To tell you what the Lenovo machine is rugged. Unnoticed many times, my daughter sits on it, jumps on it and nothing has ever happened. If R series itself would be so rugged, then T series which is the top end should be even more better.