Team-BHP - The Home Theater thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Home Theater thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/8056-home-theater-thread-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by navin
Ok I'll PM you more. some of this stuff is not meant for public consumptoin.

how about the minority that worships music and will die for sub-zero bass?? aint all this meant for them? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr
how about the minority that worships music and will die for sub-zero bass?? aint all this meant for them? ;)

To be really honest it's not :). A good quality sound is way more than getting deep/heavy/thumping bass.
Sorry, I'm going off topic and my statement should not offend anybody.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
To be really honest it's not :). A good quality sound is way more than getting deep/heavy/thumping bass.
Sorry, I'm going off topic and my statement should not offend anybody.

errmmmm..........my kinda music includes those anklets ringing in the background tho...n d water droplet fallin into the bucket...if that was what u meant sir...

bass is just for the neighbours.............. :D

I didn't mean any such thing.... by the way, music and audio system is a personal and sensitive subject.

However I don't mind knowing what's your choice of music through pm though. :)

I was planning to buy a Plasma 43 inch.. i was wondering is it still worth buying a Plasma as the technology has become quite obsolete?? But the price is too tempting to buy ... I can get a 43' for 69k...
Also wanted to know which is the best Plasma to buy keeping price in to account... Sony is too costly.. And LG,Samsung Toshiba are at same range..
i meant rear projection TV and not plasma...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prithvi
1. PROAC STUDIO 140 TOWER SPKS,
2. LINN SONDEK LP12 REFERENCE TURNTABLE.......
3. BRYSTON 7B SST MONOBLOCKS,
4. AUDIOLAB DAX8000 - DAC 24BIT HDCD
5. LINN CD PLAYER
6. VAN DEN HUL REVELATION SPK CABLES,
7. CARDAS POWER CORDS,
8. CARDAS DIGITAL CABLE,

Geesssus! Prithivi I am JEALOUS!
I would recomend a good MC with the LINN though.

WHAT A MADLY INTERESTING THREAD!! I didn't even know about it!

Navin yaar, kaisa partner in crime hai? Didnt tell me about this thread. *Sulking*

you into home audio too Sam? I thought you were only into car audio. anyway please accept my humblest applogies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr

I did not mean it this way. Vivek and I were discussing some eriously techincal stuff and i feared the moderators would jump us for hijack the thread (I've hijacked enough threads already).

Quote:

(I've hijacked enough threads already).

i know what you mean....no worries.... :)

Quote:

you into home audio too Sam? I thought you were only into car audio. anyway please accept my humblest applogies.

Arrey actually I'm the Home Audio Chief, lol:

The car audio all india office is managed by my partner in B'lore. He's the business(read:money), I'm the passion(read:crazy). I'm the also home Audio business head (a position that i shall find a replacement for soon) but mainly the brand manager, and the techie. I love Car Audio but my portfolio is harman/kardon, infinity and JBL home audio.

Sorry moderators, but gadget thread hai toh, I just thought I'd tell my partner navin these things. Sorry.

Philips DVD player
5000 bucks amp+ speakers(5.1) from local market
21inch TV(Intend to go for 29inch shortly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Arrey actually I'm the Home Audio Chief... I'm the also home Audio business head ...I love Car Audio but my portfolio is harman/kardon, infinity and JBL home audio...

So you know that market too!

My setup:
- Onkyo TXSR601 Receiver
- Panasonic A470 DVD Player (old one from Panasonic Thailand, but the pic quality is great!)
- Bose Acoustimass 10 III Speaker system (I know there are a lot of bose bashers out there, but I like the sound just the same)
- Infocus X1 DLP projector projecting a 72" 16x9 image from ~10feet.
- DIY Screen

For those who havent ventured into front projection, let me say, try it!
It is cheaper than plasma/lcd and you have a much bigger picture (can easily go up to 100" without loss of quality).

You need to have total control over light, which is easily achievable by some blackout curtains, but the results are awesome!

*Thanks Rehan for pointing me to this thread.

-
Manu

Hi,

I am contemplating purchace of a home theater system. I have not done much R&D on it so far, but I plan to do a bit. If anyone can throw some light on which are best home theater systems, it will be helpful. I am looking for following information..

1) Which company? Sony/Onida or anything better?
2) What all components in home theater? (TV + satellite speakers + DVD?)
3) Is it better to buy a TV and sound system separately? What are advantages of a home theater system?
4) If you suggest something, approximate price range?
5) Any promotional schemes going on.

Thanks!

Navin/Sam, any help from you will be great.