Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2022, 14:24   #31276
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,612
Thanked: 2,515 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Guys, I am looking out for a new phone. I will be migrating from iphone 11. Yesterday Samsung's S22 series was announced. Can anyone let me know what are the usual pre-booking offers? This time I can see only galaxy tag offered as free, was it same last year as well? Any credit card offers for pre-booking?
Also If I buy from Samsung, do they allow to input GST number?
My main reason to shift to android is Live Truecaller and may be call recording otherwise I still love the iphone 11.
Offers will be there as and when they announce the pricing for India and its available on Amazon and Samsung shop app itself. I am expecting atleast a 5k discount on HDFC card just like it was for S21 FE. Looking to get myself S22 plus as Ultra will be quite big for my need and i have no use for a S pen. Also, Samsung hasn't announced but India will most probably get 8Gen1 chipset so that's good news.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 16:48   #31277
BHPian
 
kavensri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: BengaLooru
Posts: 290
Thanked: 531 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Motorola G31, G51 & G71 5G phones are recommended. Unlike the older G40 Fusion & G60, they are less bulky in the hand.

We got the G71 5G for my wife only for stock android experience, it's a bit hard to get it from Flipkart as it's mostly Out of Stock. But it's restocked now & then. Overall a decent phone with no wow factor.

I would suggest the Moto G31 or G51, there are many comparo videos on YouTube, please check and go for the one that you like better.
G71 is definitely out of my budget. So, I need to decide between G40 Fusion and G31. Any idea how is Mediatek processor? I mean, compared to Snapdragon 732G? I see that G40 fusion is almost an year old handset. But other than being bulky, do you think of any other advantage of going with G31 against G40 fusion?
kavensri is offline  
Old 13th February 2022, 19:45   #31278
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 642
Thanked: 1,881 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
So, I need to decide between G40 Fusion and G31. Any idea how is Mediatek processor? I mean, compared to Snapdragon 732G?
But other than being bulky, do you think of any other advantage of going with G31 against G40 fusion?
Mediatek is found on many midrange smartphones across brands and they're working. I don't know how they fair otherwise.

Other point is that the Amoled display of the G31 but I think G40 has a higher refreshed rate!

The form factor should be your decider or you may have to flip a coin
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 14:56   #31279
Team-BHP Support
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea (Bihar)
Posts: 8,389
Thanked: 12,104 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Any small sized android which can double as up as hotspot zone, any recommendations?
Sheel is offline  
Old 15th February 2022, 21:32   #31280
BHPian
 
smrtdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 274
Thanked: 210 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

My Home Minister's Realme 3 Pro(6/128) has slowed down a lot so she is looking for a mobile with the following needs

1. Good Camera
2. Good Display
3. Long Battery life
4. Great Processor
5. Samsung or any brand with low SAR value

Budget - 25k
Typical usage pattern - 2 to 2.5yrs

Any recommendations?
smrtdvl is offline  
Old 15th February 2022, 22:27   #31281
AYP
Senior - BHPian
 
AYP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,036
Thanked: 2,767 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
My Home Minister's Realme 3 Pro(6/128) has slowed down a lot so she is looking for a mobile with the following needs

1. Good Camera
2. Good Display
3. Long Battery life
4. Great Processor
5. Samsung or any brand with low SAR value

Budget - 25k
Typical usage pattern - 2 to 2.5yrs

Any recommendations?
The Samsung M52. If you can stretch your budget, the A52s can be considered. Samsung has promised 3 major OS updates for the A52s.
AYP is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 07:22   #31282
BHPian
 
smrtdvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 274
Thanked: 210 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
The Samsung M52. If you can stretch your budget, the A52s can be considered. Samsung has promised 3 major OS updates for the A52s.
Did consider the A52s at Rs.31500 after some discounts but she feels it's a little overpriced for what it offers. Planning to visit a Samsung Plaza for a look at it in flesh.

Last edited by smrtdvl : 16th February 2022 at 07:23.
smrtdvl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 08:24   #31283
BHPian
 
tbppjpr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: India
Posts: 722
Thanked: 1,039 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Did consider the A52s at Rs.31500 after some discounts but she feels it's a little overpriced for what it offers. Planning to visit a Samsung Plaza for a look at it in flesh.
Maybe this helps you in making the decision:
https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php...idPhone3=11004
tbppjpr is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 20:45   #31284
BHPian
 
splitsecond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kerala
Posts: 113
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Do anyone know how to get oneplus orginal charger 20w or 30w for oneplus 7? For last one year its out of stock in oneplus store, even cables are out of stock ,why? Any alternative? tried to get realme charger but that too out of stock.
If anyone willing to sell orginal charger please inform.
splitsecond is offline  
Old 16th February 2022, 21:34   #31285
BHPian
 
Akshay6988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Pune
Posts: 388
Thanked: 2,162 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Any small sized android which can double as up as hotspot zone, any recommendations?
I don't know where you are planning to use this phone as hotspot zone, but if it is going to be used inside home, just get the WiFi range extender ! I suppose any budget smartphone with minimum specs will do the job fine. I'd suggest look for smartphones with 5000mHz battery, as hotspot drains battery a lot faster.
Akshay6988 is offline  
Old 16th February 2022, 22:44   #31286
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,972
Thanked: 7,064 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Do anyone know how to get oneplus orginal charger 20w or 30w for oneplus 7? For last one year its out of stock in oneplus store, even cables are out of stock ,why? Any alternative? tried to get realme charger but that too out of stock.
If anyone willing to sell orginal charger please inform.
My wife broke the charging cable for her 7 pro, and after trying out meant cables which provides warp charge, One of my friends told me to get oppo. I too could not find the one plus cable even in their own stores. My friend told me that the charging hardware for one plus is really oppo.
Give it a shot.
mayankk is offline  
Old 17th February 2022, 00:49   #31287
BHPian
 
splitsecond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kerala
Posts: 113
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
My wife broke the charging cable for her 7 pro, and after trying out meant cables which provides warp charge, One of my friends told me to get oppo. I too could not find the one plus cable even in their own stores. My friend told me that the charging hardware for one plus is really oppo.
Give it a shot.
Thanks, but only 10watts chargers are available with them, i need atleast 20watts, which is not available in oppo or realme store.
splitsecond is offline  
Old 17th February 2022, 13:21   #31288
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 270
Thanked: 279 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Did consider the A52s at Rs.31500 after some discounts but she feels it's a little overpriced for what it offers. Planning to visit a Samsung Plaza for a look at it in flesh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Maybe this helps you in making the decision:
https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php...idPhone3=11004
I too considered A52s for a long time. But, finally went with Samsung S20 FE 5G. Have a comparo. My reasoning was - for about 5K more, I was getting far better camera, better processor, better audio (tuned by AKG) and better build. Don't get me wrong, A52s is a capable device but from my existing A50, I wanted a much better camera.

I used Samsung Corporate Website and it clearly has best prices only (better than Amazon / FK). I was considering only non-Chinese brands, so did not consider Moto, Mi, BBK group (OnePlus, Realme, Oppo) and Vivo.

Last edited by dmplog : 17th February 2022 at 13:22. Reason: added a comparison URL
dmplog is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 15:43   #31289
Senior - BHPian
 
Bibendum90949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,252
Thanked: 5,541 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Pricing of Samsung S22 series
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img20220217wa0082.jpg  

Bibendum90949 is offline  
Old 18th February 2022, 01:43   #31290
BHPian
 
Bhupesh_2628's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Delhi
Posts: 102
Thanked: 351 Times
Default Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
I used Samsung Corporate Website and it clearly has best prices only (better than Amazon / FK).
Hi @dmplog,

Can you tell us what advantages/disadvantages are there if we buy phone from corporate website via work email ID.

Thanks.

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 18th February 2022 at 01:45.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks