Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-397.html)

Any MIUI users here?
I am getting bored with CM7 and would be shortly moving onto MIUI for some time. Yesterday I installed MIUI 1.9.23 and had a play for 1 hour with it, had some issues with A2SD. Will be flashing it again.

Btw, new Swype update sucks, it is getting most of the words wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp_maniac (Post 2522822)
Also the shop guy told me most of the android (barring Galaxy S and S II) doesn't support conventional 3G video call (even the ones with a secondary cam). :Frustrati I was really frustrated and came back. Can anybody throw some light on this? Like any custom ROMs will help or should I wait for some model with 3G video call to be released. I personally am not a fan of the Galaxy design, so heart says no to it. But 3G video call is a MUST for me.

He is right, the other android manufacturers phones don't support native 3G video calling and there is noway you can enable it with custom ROMS or apps. If native 3G video calling is a must have feature for you go for Galaxy S or S II. Hopefully ICS will have this feature, fingers crossed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8guzzler (Post 2523525)
He is right, the other android manufacturers phones don't support native 3G video calling and there is noway you can enable it with custom ROMS or apps. If native 3G video calling is a must have feature for you go for Galaxy S or S II. Hopefully ICS will have this feature, fingers crossed.

One more thanks for the clarification gr8guzzler. So does that mean android doesn't have the basics right there? No offense meant to android fans, but with this am planning to wait for an android version with native 3G calling cos I don't want to miss a feature which is available even in phones this side of 10K :) I feel like the smartphone is not that smart in this case. I personally like the workforce beneath S1 and S2 but heart says NO to the design. :thumbs up

can someone post links on 3g video calling? preferably mfr/google links which confirm this?

Looking to purchase my first android. Budget is less than 20k.

Specs. wise like Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray, but have doubts about messaging ease due to smaller screen size. Any user input would help.

Any other model suggestion would be welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 2523566)
can someone post links on 3g video calling? preferably mfr/google links which confirm this?

There are lot of discussions going on, on this issue. Here is a link to an enhancement request being sent to android. But it still says "Unassigned":Frustrati
Issue 2664 - android - [New app] video call / video conference - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting
I am still surprised at why only Galaxy S and S2 has this feature but none of other android phones in market support this? What's the magic there? I don't think that other manufacturers are just ignoring this even though android is giving the feature. I found lot of SE users are shouting on their support forums for this feature to be implemented but SE seems to be just deaf :uncontrol

I have an offer for HTC Inspire 4 G. It has been bought in USA from AT&T. Its brand new and jail broken and has been used only for 4 days. The offer price is 16k. The deal sounds good, doesn't it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermax (Post 2523441)
Btw, new Swype update sucks, it is getting most of the words wrong.

Play with the settings between speed and accuracy and you will enjoy it.:thumbs up

Has anyone tried using the Video Calling application "Vtok"

This is an application that is a substitute to Gtalk. It enables Video Calling on phones that do not have support of Video calling on native Gtalk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GearOn (Post 2523602)
Looking to purchase my first android. Budget is less than 20k.

Specs. wise like Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray, but have doubts about messaging ease due to smaller screen size. Any user input would help.

Any other model suggestion would be welcome.

Also check out Xperia Neo, it has a bigger display. Neo Pro is another model which comes with physical QWERTY keypad.

Rohan

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_iitr (Post 2524641)
Also check out Xperia Neo, it has a bigger display. Neo Pro is another model which comes with physical QWERTY keypad.

Rohan

Have they officially launched the neo in India? Whats the approximate cost of this phone?

I finally went in for the GB (2.3.4) update available for my Galaxy Ace via Kies, and am running DDKQ5.

Results:
- Some internal memory seems to have been freed up
- Response has slowed down in comparison with Froyo

Can someone reconcile these two observations, please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by athul_S (Post 2524711)
Have they officially launched the neo in India? Whats the approximate cost of this phone?

Xperia Neo has been launched I guess. You can find hell lot of listings on ebay india. Price quoted are around 18-19K. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers (Post 2523967)
Play with the settings between speed and accuracy and you will enjoy it.

Turning off auto suggestion did the trick for me. Earlier I had it turned off but it got enabled after the update somehow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_libran
I finally went in for the GB (2.3.4) update available for my Galaxy Ace via Kies, and am running DDKQ5.

Results:
- Some internal memory seems to have been freed up
- Response has slowed down in comparison with Froyo

Can someone reconcile these two observations, please?

Is this stock GB?
I was on the same, but flashed KPH using ODIN before flashing the FirstUA rom.

Currently running SanGingerAce 3.3

I didn't notice any drastic difference in feel and response from froyo, but yes some amount of internal memory has been liberated.

A query to all android users,
Do you guys use any kind of call blocker? I tried a few but they only allow me to add 4 or 5 numbers!