Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-347.html)

Rooted my Nexus S on the 4th day.

Took quite sometime to root though.

Cyanogenmod 7.0.3 stabel rom. Will have to try some additional roms now
Netarchy kernel
Till now I did not overclock the OS. But am planning to do that now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klub Class (Post 2447682)
UPDATE :

I tried rooting my LG P500 using the application namely z4root. But, the phone force closes the application!

Previously, I had used the same app to root my phone. Someone please suggest me any other app to root my phone.

gingerbreak v1.2

[26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers
^^^xda

C skills: yummy yummy, GingerBreak!
^^^ creators

http://stealth.openwall.net/xSports/GingerBreak.tgz
^^^ download

Rooted on the 2nd day or such. CM7 since the 3rd day morning and never looked back :D

Because its a Motorola Defy!! :D

Tried out MIUI (interface needed too much scrolling), CM7 and Barebones-CM7 (slightly more lightweight) but mostly on CM7.

@indian: Doesnt the bootmenu OC it by default?

Quote:

Originally Posted by S_U_N (Post 2448128)
I am inclined towards Motorola Defy - price around INR 14000. However the SAR value is close to (~1.56) the maximum permitted limit (1.6).
Any BHPians experiencing this phone getting hot or earpiece causing irritation in ears or headache?

SAR: I bought Samurai's logic here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post2323990

The phone can get hot if you try and OC it too much. I've done that and gone cycling in 43 deg C which heated it up quite a bit. Other than that, it doesn't heat up - no android phone should heat up in normal usage with the right settings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klub Class (Post 2447682)
  • My phone used to heat up, the day before my phone went into soft-brick. I mean the Battery Indicator app indicated a shocking temperature of 4.5 degree Celsius :Shockked:
Normally the temperature varies within the range of 3 - 3.4 degree Celsius.

Are you sure the decimal is required there brother? That's an icy cool phone you got there!! :uncontrol

I appreciate this thread. Also as the thread starter i would be happy if you can keep track of this thread and add a pointer in the first post if the thread gets bigger to posts that actually talk about specific devices and their rom.

hope i am not asking too much :)

Done..
Rooted
Overclocked
Flashed a Custom ROM

Done it all...
BTW, i got an SGS2 and perviously had a Motorola Milestone which had the same treatment.

Here are the benefits i noticed.
Better performance [Faster]
Longer Battery Life
Cooler features [Backups, wifi tethering, Overclocking / Underclocking, and a load of otherstuff]

EDIT:
One thing..
you've mentioned porting a ROM... I assumed you meant flashing a Custom ROM right?
Porting a ROM means tweaking it at the code level to ensure that it works on a phone it was not designed for...
I'd have to port a stock HTC ROM before i can flash it onto my SGS2

Rooted my Samsung Galaxy 3 and have tried 3-4 ROMs by now,
running currently custom rom from Kyrillos, Phone was never better.

If you meant making your own ROM, Galaxy 3 users has a tool for this, but haven't tried it.
[Tutorial] Make your own custom rom

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprucegoose (Post 2448304)
Done..
Rooted
Overclocked
Flashed a Custom ROM

Done it all...
BTW, i got an SGS2 and perviously had a Motorola Milestone which had the same treatment.

Here are the benefits i noticed.
Better performance [Faster]
Longer Battery Life
Cooler features [Backups, wifi tethering, Overclocking / Underclocking, and a load of otherstuff]

EDIT:
One thing..
you've mentioned porting a ROM... I assumed you meant flashing a Custom ROM right?
Porting a ROM means tweaking it at the code level to ensure that it works on a phone it was not designed for...
I'd have to port a stock HTC ROM before i can flash it onto my SGS2

I would love it if i can get the HTC ROM in S2. Can you update what changes are needed for HTC ROM on S2? I would like to try that after i get the S2? Can i port the Sense UI as well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh (Post 2448584)
I would love it if i can get the HTC ROM in S2. Can you update what changes are needed for HTC ROM on S2? I would like to try that after i get the S2? Can i port the Sense UI as well?

Apparently HTC is releasing a SenseUI 3.0 SDK.
If they do then it could be hypothetically possible for you to port it to the SGS2.
But that is WAY over my intellect level.

I'll be happy using Darky's ROM or CM7 when they do come out with RCs for the SGS2

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 2448190)
@indian: Doesnt the bootmenu OC it by default?

Nope I was running at 1Ghz till now. Today I OCed to 1.2Ghz will test other levels later.

The clear benefit is the battery life. And I can remove unnecessary apps from google.

I Needed Voodoo control which was the primary tipping point for me to root. Also the sound of the speaker can be adjusted with DSP settings in CM&. Today installed Wireless tether- makes life a lot easy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprucegoose (Post 2448627)
Apparently HTC is releasing a SenseUI 3.0 SDK.
If they do then it could be hypothetically possible for you to port it to the SGS2.
But that is WAY over my intellect level.

I'll be happy using Darky's ROM or CM7 when they do come out with RCs for the SGS2

Thanks for the info. This is too geeky stuff for me too! The one thing i don't like about S2 is the Touch Wiz. If you get any more info on porting HTC ROM onto S2, please let us know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh (Post 2448648)
Thanks for the info. This is too geeky stuff for me too! The one thing i don't like about S2 is the Touch Wiz. If you get any more info on porting HTC ROM onto S2, please let us know.

You can use a different launcher...
the day i got my SGS2 i installed AWD Launcher & LauncherPro...
Ended up using LauncherPro only...

Plus I'm running cognition 1.30
It's a customROM... i can OC to 1600 MHz and that too on a dual core procc...
But the phone is so quick as it is, i've UnderClocked it to 1GHz.

It's still blazingly fasy

Anyone running CM 7.1? I have 7.0.3 for a while now and thinking about going to 7.1. I think I'd have to back up my apps and restore once installed 7.1, as I was reading about some bad experiences of users who flashed 7.1 over 7.0.3 without wiping.

Samsung galaxy S
Rooted, flashed custom rom.
Darkys Rom 10.1
Overclocked occasionaly to 1.2ghz.

I personally suggest this Rom to all Sgs users, it makes the phone lightning fast and usable, unlike tha ghastly stock Rom!

Just want to confirm one thing. When you replace the samsung ROM with a Custom ROM, you will loose the Touch Wiz also right? And what else will you loose?