Team-BHP - Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/83859-android-thread-phones-apps-mods-348.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh (Post 2448820)
Just want to confirm one thing. When you replace the samsung ROM with a Custom ROM, you will loose the Touch Wiz also right? And what else will you loose?

What you lose:
Touchwiz
Samsung Bloatware/Crapware as it is not so fondly referred to

What you gain:
More stability [That's what i experienced atleast]
Better Battery life [Almost double]
Faster speeds [Much Faster infact]
Piece of Mind stupid:

What about warranty? Do you loose it as well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh (Post 2448820)
Just want to confirm one thing. When you replace the samsung ROM with a Custom ROM, you will loose the Touch Wiz also right? And what else will you loose?

You take exactly 3 mins to reflash a samsung phone with the OEM ROM. Then where is the question of loosing warranty? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermax (Post 2448747)
Anyone running CM 7.1? I have 7.0.3 for a while now and thinking about going to 7.1. I think I'd have to back up my apps and restore once installed 7.1, as I was reading about some bad experiences of users who flashed 7.1 over 7.0.3 without wiping.

uh - in the defy - we keep flashing the nightly like twice a week - so surely i'd have gone through the CM7 versions. You just need to wipe cache/ dalvik. Backup apps as best practice but u wont need to restore them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh (Post 2448648)
Thanks for the info. This is too geeky stuff for me too! The one thing i don't like about S2 is the Touch Wiz. If you get any more info on porting HTC ROM onto S2, please let us know.

bah. both phones are fast enough. if u like the sense UI - just buy the sensation - its a brilliant phone. Touchwiz is the one of the biggest letdown for SGS2 for me personally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by indian21r (Post 2448630)
Nope I was running at 1Ghz till now. Today I OCed to 1.2Ghz will test other levels later.

Interesting. The Defy CM7 ROM comes with OCing enabled by default. and its not just OC but undervolting that is done :D

Hi guys,
I know someone who wants to buy a Japanese Softbank branded HTC Desire HD.
The phone is absolutely clean and it was used for barely a week or so.

The soft buttons on the phone do not seem to work, the back and search button function fine but the menu and home keys don't. I can't even seem to get any haptic feedback for these 2 keys. As a result i am unable to use these 2 buttons.

The other issue I've seen is the phone came with only Japanese alphanumeric keypad, but without a working GPRS connection I cannot install any qwery keypads from the market.

My bro is smitten by the phone and he does not want to let go of it as he's getting it for a song. I am sure I've not missed out on any setting as I use a Desire HD myself, is there any settings that I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 2448930)
You take exactly 3 mins to reflash a samsung phone with the OEM ROM. Then where is the question of loosing warranty? :D

bah. both phones are fast enough. if u like the sense UI - just buy the sensation - its a brilliant phone. Touchwiz is the one of the biggest letdown for SGS2 for me personally.

I

Thanks for the info.

Yes Touch Wiz is a big letdown. Also, the build quality also is not very good for S2. But other than these, i don't have any complaints. But i do like HTC Sense UI but i just cannot overlook the features that S2 provides!

The debate goes on!

does anybody know if android has an on-the-fly encrypted file container (like truecrypt on windows/linux or freeotfe for windows mobile)?

Hi Guys,

Got a new problem and need your help guys.

'Market' is crashing. I get error "Sorry, The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

History: I recently rooted my SGS2 (using KDD unsecure ROM), installed CMW, using CMWI have installed a theme and Fullscreen Caller-Id mod. I also installed Titanium back and performed a backup. After this I moved some apps to SD Card. All the moved Apps would then disappear from my homescreen (i put them there as shortcuts). I got them back to 'Phone' and they now stay there without issue.

Now I am getting this issue with the 'Market'. I checked and confirmed that its not on SD-Card. I have cleared all Cache and User-Data. I have restarted the phone many times but still face the issue. It was working last night.

I have seen a lot of threads online reporting this issue, but most point towards clearing userdata and cache.

Please help me!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 2448196)
Are you sure the decimal is required there brother? That's an icy cool phone you got there!! :uncontrol

Seriously I didn't miss the decimal! Please see the attached screenshot. :Shockked:

I don't know what temperature this Batter Indicator app is displaying. Anyone?

Name:  snap20110729_202346.png
Views: 946
Size:  34.0 KB

Note : After flashing my phone, the battery life has improved significantly. Period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by govigov (Post 2448166)
gingerbreak v1.2

Thanks man! I downloaded the file from the download link you provided. But it didn't work on my phone as the downloaded file had a .tar extension.

Never mind, I downloaded gingerbreak v1.2 from 4shared and successfully rooted my phone. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenster (Post 2449048)
'Market' is crashing. I get error "Sorry, The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

I used to face this issue right before my phone went into soft-brick. But, after flashing the original ROM on my phone, I never face this issue.

PS: I use LG P500

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klub Class (Post 2449075)
Seriously I didn't miss the decimal! Please see the attached screenshot.

I don't know what temperature this Batter Indicator app is displaying. Anyone?

Attachment 584991

Klub, that's definitely not 3.1 or 4.5 degrees in any unit. Battery temeratures hover around 30 to 45 degree Celsius.. depending on charging state, and the external temperature.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermax (Post 2449211)
Klub, that's definitely not 3.1 or 4.5 degrees in any unit.

I know! All thanks to my high school science classes!

Quote:

Battery temeratures hover around 30 to 45 degree Celsius.. depending on charging state, and the external temperature.
Thanks! :thumbs up

I mentioned the values from that app, only to give you all a rough sketch about the relative-degree-of-hotness of my phone! :uncontrol

And does the app indicate the correct battery voltage?

Hey guys need some help. where is the bloody clipboard in galaxy s2. I copied an important message and it said message copied to clipboard. Due to my stupidity by mistake I deleted that thread of message then. Now I cannot find any clipboard on my phone. Please help. Or is there someway I can retrieve my deleted sms?

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 2449356)
Hey guys need some help. where is the bloody clipboard in galaxy s2. I copied an important message and it said message copied to clipboard. Due to my stupidity by mistake I deleted that thread of message then. Now I cannot find any clipboard on my phone. Please help. Or is there someway I can retrieve my deleted sms?

open a new message to type in sms or maill app and there you can paste ur data!
Enjoy

GUYS S OFF IS HERE!!

public:revolutionary [RootWiki]

HTC developer support is unmatched, if this was samsung hardware we would have never got it ....

Cryptographically locked bootloader unlocked in just one month of release , what an achievement!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klub Class
And does the app indicate the correct battery voltage?

I tend to think so, but in mine 100% charge is indicated by slightly different voltages from charge to charge.

Name:  ForumRunner_20110730_100113.png
Views: 444
Size:  24.0 KB

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile
GUYS S OFF IS HERE!!

public:revolutionary [RootWiki]

HTC developer support is unmatched, if this was samsung hardware we would have never got it ....

Cryptographically locked bootloader unlocked in just one month of release , what an achievement!!

I thought s-off was available with alpharev much earlier for the desire

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 2449419)
GUYS S OFF IS HERE!!

I achieved S-Off on by Incredible 2 yesterday using AlphaRevX. Easy. Only do not remove the drivers installed by htc Synch. Install and then remove htc synch only.

As AlphaRevX just does S-off and installs CWM recovery, you need to install the patch(es) as in the post on Androidforum. Saw on one of the forums (XDA or Androidforum) that now S Off by AlphaRevX survives an OTA upgrade to Gingerbread. Apparently, the HBOOT mod now ups the version no which is then not overwritten by upgrade.

I read somewhere that htc will do away with S-On. When?

Now looking for a list of Bloatware on the Verizon Droid Incredible 2. Hear that there is a lot of it.