Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2010, 15:01   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
do you have any budget constraints.
Would like to cap it at 5K max if possible.

Last edited by f1fan : 27th July 2010 at 15:02.
Old 28th July 2010, 00:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Samsung ML1666 for 4900/-

Its a laser. its easily refillable.
Old 28th July 2010, 01:32   #18
BHPian

Low-volume consumers are in a funny situation. My HP All-in-one 1410 is lying packed on the top of the almirah, coz, there are extended periods when I don't want to use it, and when I do, it doesn't work. I've learnt to use it as a scanner only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
HP has some inkjet models where cheaper cartridgescan be used. For eg: the cartridge model number '21' costs ~2k whereas you get '21b' for around 400 bucks. The 'b' series I suppose prints less number of pages. You may checkout these HP inkjet models which support the less expensive 'b' series cartridges.
They're totally not worth it. I've been a victim once. The prints are of grey color, and not black. And the text looks like a dense, slightly uneven cloud, not the solid blocks their expensive counterparts give. And I did feel it ran out rather quickly, don't know the tech-specs though.

What more, HP WebChat denied the existence of such a product, and that was after I scanned the cover and sent it to the executive, despite there being the seals/holograms and all.
Old 28th July 2010, 12:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
21b has just 5ml. and you know the CPP of this cartridge. It comes out about Rs.2.5 per page.

ALso this will also eventually dry out with non-usage. which is his main reauirement.
Hmmm that is something I was not aware of. Need to check the package if I still have it with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
They're totally not worth it. I've been a victim once. The prints are of grey color, and not black. And the text looks like a dense, slightly uneven cloud, not the solid blocks their expensive counterparts give. And I did feel it ran out rather quickly, don't know the tech-specs though.

What more, HP WebChat denied the existence of such a product, and that was after I scanned the cover and sent it to the executive, despite there being the seals/holograms and all.
I am also using the same, and felt that it ran out pretty fast. But then again, I thought its better for the minimal users. But if what SirAlec is saying is true, its better to stay away from it.

As far as printing in grey is concerned, in printer properties, there is an option along with 'print in greyscale' which says 'use black ink only'. Try that.
Old 28th July 2010, 16:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
As far as printing in grey is concerned, in printer properties, there is an option along with 'print in greyscale' which says 'use black ink only'. Try that.
Been there, done that. AFAIK, it was the poorer quality of the ink. I'll dig in my almirah and see if I can find a page printed from 21b. I'll then upload it here for you guys.

EDIT : Could not find any 21b sample. :(

Last edited by anku94 : 28th July 2010 at 17:10.
Old 28th July 2010, 17:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
Been there, done that. AFAIK, it was the poorer quality of the ink. I'll dig in my almirah and see if I can find a page printed from 21b. I'll then upload it here for you guys.

EDIT : Could not find any 21b sample. :(
I can do that if you want Running 21b in for the past few weeks.
Old 28th July 2010, 18:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I can do that if you want Running 21b in for the past few weeks.
Oh, don't worry. I'm what we call in Punjabi a 'vehla' and that's how I spend my day, doing stupid and useless things. I'm sure you have more important things that you could spend your time on.

Last edited by anku94 : 28th July 2010 at 19:03.
Old 28th July 2010, 21:41   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

My Canon has a separate print head, the cartridges being just reservoirs. This made the cartridges of that generation cheaper and they are much easier to refill, as the is absolutely no electronics on the cartridge. The problem is that, if not used, the print head itself dries, and it costs Rs.several-thousand to replace. It's happened to me twice, when I have not used the printer fro several months.

I cam across a recommendation to avoid dry printheads by scheduling a full-colour print job to be sent to your printer once a week or so. Then all you have to do is leave everything on...
Old 29th July 2010, 11:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Samsung ML1666 for 4900/-

Its a laser. its easily refillable.
Thank you Sir. One last question (might sound dumb ):
What would happen in the case of laser printer if I dont use it very often i.e. 1-2 printouts every week? Would it dry too or does the laser printer work some other way
Old 29th July 2010, 15:20   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My Canon has a separate print head, the cartridges being just reservoirs. This made the cartridges of that generation cheaper and they are much easier to refill, as the is absolutely no electronics on the cartridge.

I cam across a recommendation to avoid dry printheads by scheduling a full-colour print job to be sent to your printer once a week or so. Then all you have to do is leave everything on...
Effectively this nullifies the cost advantage and converts it into a revenue advantage to the printer manufacturer, ink dries, you have to print every week to keep the cartridge & print head healthy resulting in 100% color coverage (CYM/RGB or effective) per week = 52 printouts a year = say Rs. 520 (considering a hp printer). If so one has to change the cartridges every year as they exhaust after near 100~200 printouts.

Back to square one.

Prefer the system where color printouts are taken at the photo labs (Kodak etc) atleast you get great quality at Rs. 11 or so per print.

Keep a B&W printer at home and use it as and when.
Old 30th July 2010, 01:02   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

You're right. There's no winning with inkjets.
Old 5th August 2010, 23:36   #27
JLS
BHPian

Hi All,
I have similar issue, HP inkjet(with scanner/copier) is lying as inkfor servicing, technician said to replace head and cost more than 1000 Rs.
I am thinking of dumping this and buy mono laser multi function printer.
Any suggestion?
Cheapest from HP is around Rs. 15000, I want to spend around 8000.
Has anybody used Samsung MFPs, what is the experience?
There are two models available - 1) SCX 4300 around Rs. 8500 - this is an old model 2) SCX 4601 - around Rs 9800.

4601 has better resolution ( 1200X1200) per specs.
Any comments are welcome.
Any other suggestion from other brands ( laxmark, canon, brother etc) are also welcome.

With regards,

JLS
Old 24th September 2010, 19:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

I'm also looking for a cheap all-in-one inkjet printer and HP F4488(Rs3600) Seems to be What Computer Shops Stock these days here in My Town.Does These Printers Faces Ink Clogging in Print Heads if not used for a week or two?

Any Review of these Printers?
I learned that few models of Epson printers can be run on CISS .What I don't Know is Which Model is the Best VFM .
I'm also Considering Xerox 3117 Laser Printer seems it's Price is Lesser than Rs4000.It is a Monochrome Printer.
Recommendations Needed.

Thanks.
dc

Last edited by deepclutch : 24th September 2010 at 19:32.
Old 24th September 2010, 21:53   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
I learned that few models of Epson printers can be run on CISS .What I don't Know is Which Model is the Best VFM .
The Epson T-11 is priced @2000INR & can take CISS, which is an additional @1500INR. Installing CISS voids warranty though. I used to run an Epson C65 on CISS for 2 years, and have now switched to the T-11. Works well, but not installed CISS - will let the warranty period get over.
Old 24th September 2010, 21:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
The Epson T-11 is priced @2000INR & can take CISS, which is an additional @1500INR. Installing CISS voids warranty though. I used to run an Epson C65 on CISS for 2 years, and have now switched to the T-11. Works well, but not installed CISS - will let the warranty period get over.
Thanks SS-Traveller.T11,T111 etc are Not Mentioned in Epson India Website Though.Seems They have Stopped these Models.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks