Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2020, 20:52   #61
BHPian

Re: Home Printer - Where Cartridge does not dry out soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
The least expensive WiFi laser printer seems to be: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00NPW13DS/..._968kFb6NARA8C

But perhaps the downside of laser printers is that they have a very long startup time? Is this true?

If so, it may not suit me.
No from my experience, Lasers are better. Inkjet also take a lot of time. The brother laser MFP I use currently takes about 45 secs to print the first page and it is almost 7 year old model.

I think they mention the time taken for the first print along with prints per minute. Do check the specs in detail.

The model you mentioned does not have Duplex. Preferably buy one with both Wireless as well as Duplex.
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 14:36   #62
BHPian

Need suggestions for All in one Colour Printers.The number of prints would be 20-25 in a month and would be for my kids homework, assignments, etc. I have found Canon Pixma MG 2577 and HP DeskJet 3661 on Amazon. Whose cartridges would be cheaper? I was using an Epson Ink Tank printer before and the ink in the head used to get dried out because of infrequent usage. Do Inkjet printers have the same issues? Or just changing the cartridge suffices if the Ink dries out?
Old 13th October 2020, 15:55   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
The least expensive WiFi laser printer seems to be: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00NPW13DS/..._968kFb6NARA8C

But perhaps the downside of laser printers is that they have a very long startup time? Is this true?

If so, it may not suit me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
No from my experience, Lasers are better. Inkjet also take a lot of time. The brother laser MFP I use currently takes about 45 secs to print the first page and it is almost 7 year old model.

I think they mention the time taken for the first print along with prints per minute. Do check the specs in detail.

The model you mentioned does not have Duplex. Preferably buy one with both Wireless as well as Duplex.
You do mot have to buy a Wifi printer and pay a lot of money just for Wifi. Do what I did:

My Brother MFC Laser has Ethernet. Connect the Ethernet to your Wifi Router and voila, you have a Wifi printer.

I am able to not only print, but also scan from any computer in my house anywhere, wirelessly.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 12:59   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Any feedback on replacement cartridges from Zebronics and JK toners ?

Printer is a HP LJ 1020+. Have tried Foxin, but the cartridge is leaking powder even before half of the proclaimed 2000 page output.
Old 3rd September 2023, 10:20   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, any tips on a All-In-One home printer? Should be WiFi-enabled and not be usuriously expensive to operate.

Currently have a HP DeskJet 3545e, and am disappointed at the cost and limited lifespan of the cartridges.
Old 3rd September 2023, 10:27   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Folks, any tips on a All-In-One home printer? Should be WiFi-enabled and not be usuriously expensive to operate.

Currently have a HP DeskJet 3545e, and am disappointed at the cost and limited lifespan of the cartridges.
Do not go for ink-jet printers - these are cheap but kill u with cartridge costs.

Go for ink-tank ones. Should come around 15k. Brand wise, look for Epson, Brother etc
ToThePoint is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 10:35   #67
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm in the same boat. My search based on feedback from team BHP users and friends led me to ink tank printers and specifically the Brother brand. I still haven't been able to figure out who is the local dealer/service centre in Bangalore and from where I can buy ink. The last couple months have been super busy, so haven't made much progress beyond a list of potential models

https://www.brother.in/en/products/a...ers?fr=inktank

Keep me posted on your decision and share details especially if you decide on one of the Brother ink tank printers.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 10:49   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I'm in the same boat. My search based on feedback from team BHP users and friends led me to ink tank printers and specifically the Brother brand. I still haven't been able to figure out who is the local dealer/service centre in Bangalore and from where I can buy ink. The last couple months have been super busy, so haven't made much progress beyond a list of potential models

https://www.brother.in/en/products/a...ers?fr=inktank

Keep me posted on your decision and share details especially if you decide on one of the Brother ink tank printers.
This guy is my go to guy for toner refills for a few years now. He runs an authorised brother service Center.

Ravi 98453 97528

Also services both my printers with a pick up and delivery.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 10:44   #69
Senior - BHPian

If you do not need colour prints, the I suggest that you go for Laser Printer. Much cheaper on prints and does not dry easily.

On the other hand if you print less than 20 prints a month, consider using a print shop, and there is no hassle of maintaining a printer. I am speaking from experience. I have owned an A3 laser, and at least 3 inkjets in the last 20 years. Here in Delhi they print for Rs.5 per A4 sheet, and Rs.30 for A3 colour. Ultimately with low print requirement, I got rid of all of them, as the cost of ink catridges was excessive for the low numbers.
Aroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 12:03   #70
BHPian

Quote:

Definitely DO NOT opt for a cartrdige-based home printer. The cost is humungous.

An ink-tank printer is always better for moderate home use.

I am using an Epson L3210 All-in-One and happy with it. Had bought it from Flipkart for 12.5k with an offer. Usually available in the 13-14.5k bracket.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 20:30   #71
BHPian

Quote:
I remember seeing a Brother dealership just before Urvashi theater driving towards MTR/Lalbagh. This was a while back.

I am using a Brother DCP-T500 for the last 5+ years. Haven't had to refill ink in the tank thus far... although my printer usage is quite frugal.

It is WiFi enabled, has a pretty usable android/iphone app for scan/print support, etc. Serves my needs perfectly fine.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 13th September 2023 at 21:18. Reason: Fixed broken quotes. Thanks.
amavin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 13:10   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
Do not go for ink-jet printers - these are cheap but kill u with cartridge costs.

Go for ink-tank ones. Should come around 15k. Brand wise, look for Epson, Brother etc
Agree, HP's greed is legendary from the inkjet cartridge PoV!

Quote:
The last couple months have been super busy, so haven't made much progress beyond a list of potential models
Did you buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
If you do not need colour prints, the I suggest that you go for Laser Printer.
Good tip, I am also tending towards the same + buy a standalone printer. No real need for a All-In-One any more as you ca always scan and print anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Definitely DO NOT opt for a cartrdige-based home printer. The cost is humungous.
An ink-tank printer is always better for moderate home use.
Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amavin View Post
I am using a Brother DCP-T500 for the last 5+ years. Haven't had to refill ink in the tank thus far... although my printer usage is quite frugal.
Good to know!
Old 9th October 2023, 13:53   #73
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did you buy?
Not yet
My shortlist is Brother DCP-T520W & 420W. I'll pick one of them.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 14:47   #74
BHPian

One simple advice: Go for any HP InkJet printer that uses HP 46 cartridges. That's generally a combo with 1 black & white HP46 and 1 colour HP46 cartridge.

I too suffered with my earlier InkJet printer where we had to spend a lot on cartridge. I purchased HP 2520hc in January 2015 and it is still running extremely well.

HP 2520hc might have been discontinued but there are newer models launched which use the exact same cartridge.

Each cartridge, black & white and colour, practically prints literally hundreds of pages. Our usage is very low (high occassionally with some report submissions at school etc.) and haven't seen any drying up in so many years.

Ink Tank printers are difficult to maintain.
jaysheth is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks