Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2010, 22:03   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Thanks SS-Traveller.T11,T111 etc are Not Mentioned in Epson India Website Though.Seems They have Stopped these Models.
Nope, T11 is a current model printer. Here's the link to Epson India's website: Epson Stylus T11.

Edit: Here's a video about how to install CISS in the T11.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 24th September 2010 at 22:05.
Old 24th September 2010, 23:04   #32
BANNED

Quote:
I'm also looking for a cheap all-in-one inkjet printer and HP F4488(Rs3600) Seems to be What Computer Shops Stock these days here in My Town.Does These Printers Faces Ink Clogging in Print Heads if not used for a week or two?
No it wont clog i have the same model, This printer is very good (better than epson & canon) only if you are comfortable in refilling ink, otherwise black cartridge will cost 450/- and 800/- for color
Old 24th September 2010, 23:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
No it wont clog i have the same model, This printer is very good (better than epson & canon) only if you are comfortable in refilling ink, otherwise black cartridge will cost 450/- and 800/- for color
Thanks @splitsecond for the feedback.Have You Tried Photo Print Out's With this Printer?
Is the Price Rs3600/- OK for F4488?
Old 25th September 2010, 01:49   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks @splitsecond for the feedback.Have You Tried Photo Print Out's With this Printer?
Is the Price Rs3600/- OK for F4488?
Yea price is ok, i bought it for 3700/-
Photo prints taken on photo paper is great, equal to studio quality.
Cartridge holds only 6ml of ink, which is enough for 100 black& white prints, but can be refilled easily.
Old 25th September 2010, 02:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yea price is ok, i bought it for 3700/-
Photo prints taken on photo paper is great, equal to studio quality.
Cartridge holds only 6ml of ink, which is enough for 100 black& white prints, but can be refilled easily.
Refilling Cartridge?Is it OK with HP 818 Cartridges?Please Explain.
Old 25th September 2010, 13:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

Laser printers use powder ink which is fused onto paper. Hence it does not dry out, neither is there a practical shelf life limit.

The cheapest HP printer I could find is HP LaserJet P1007 Printer overview - HP Home & Home Office products. The toner cartridge is expensive, but I guess even then it would cost less than a rupee per page.

Xerox printer Phaser 3117 Laser Printer from Xerox has the performance you need

An excellent comparison chart Printer: Compare Laser Printers with Network, Scanner, Fax, Photocopier & More at CompareIndia.com - Page 1. You can base you decisions on this!

So you can get a laser printer for around 5.5K.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2010, 18:54   #37

Hi fillmore.

i too was in your position a year back..my friends advised me to get a canon inkjet for it seems to stand the test f time much better than the others.and yes they were right.
By the way i too have canon mp145...you dont need to spend 2k on refills...u can easily refill those cartridges if you wish to.
I can tell you the procedure coz its really easy but slightly messy and requires patience in the initial few tries.
Pm me n ill be glad to tell u the procedure.

then i got
Old 25th September 2010, 21:51   #38
Senior - BHPian

Thanks For All the Help.I Bought a HP F4488 from Cochin For Rs3665/- .And Do I need to Register the Product in their(HP) Website?

Last edited by deepclutch : 25th September 2010 at 21:55.
Old 25th September 2010, 23:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Nope, T11 is a current model printer. Here's the link to Epson India's website: Epson Stylus T11.

Edit: Here's a video about how to install CISS in the T11.
Problem with epson is that it uses peizo cartridge. Print quality are great but frequent blockage of heads if you don't use it for a while is a major concern. ANd epson heads are not cheap.

For home use i will not recommend CISS. Ciss is a bit of a mess and are usually recommended in professional setup.

There is an alternative though. Sponzeless Refillable Epson cartridge. These looks same but has a resettable chip and has a rubber cap to fill ink.
They cost around Rs.700 for the whole set.
Not trying to run a business here but if anyone need help in this regards do PM. a friend of mine and a channel partner is a big importer in this field. He assembles CISS with these parts.

Home Printer - Where Cartridge does not dry out soon-epson-cart.jpeg

Quote:
Thanks For All the Help.I Bought a HP F4488 from Cochin For Rs3665/- .And Do I need to Register the Product in their(HP) Website?
Deep clutch!
Sorry i was out of touch with forum for nearly three days and couldn't warn you. But 818 is not refillable. Even if you manage its a bit of mess. It has counter which keep tracks of cartridge.

Last edited by SirAlec : 25th September 2010 at 23:08.
Old 25th September 2010, 23:43   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Refilling Cartridge?Is it OK with HP 818 Cartridges?Please Explain.
Yea 818 can be refilled easily, search youtube for "hp cartridge refilling" there are many tutorials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Deep clutch!
Sorry i was out of touch with forum for nearly three days and couldn't warn you. But 818 is not refillable. Even if you manage its a bit of mess. It has counter which keep tracks of cartridge.
818 can be refilled, only problem is, ink level shown will be wrong after refill.
Old 26th September 2010, 23:03   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yea 818 can be refilled easily, search Youtube for "hp cartridge refilling" there are many tutorials.

818 can be refilled, only problem is, ink level shown will be wrong after refill.
It can be refilled, if you meant by piercing an injection with some ink in it.
But its not effective. As they have made some chamber system which spills the ink all over.
21 and 28 had a single chamber with sponge which aided in successful refill.
Old 26th September 2010, 23:50   #42
BHPian

So does that mean I can easily refill my HP 21 and 22 at home ? Where can I buy the ink and the refilling equipment ? Also can you tell me about the cost incurred ? Thanks.
Old 27th September 2010, 01:35   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
It can be refilled, if you meant by piercing an injection with some ink in it.
But its not effective. As they have made some chamber system which spills the ink all over.
21 and 28 had a single chamber with sponge which aided in successful refill.
No of chambers doesn't matters, 818 can hold 4~6ml which is same as 21, but one has to make sure they don't overfill the cartridge.
Refilling 818 is as successful as refilling 21, the trick is to refill 818 before ink is completely empty.

Even 21 & 28 have multiple chambers, its the XL version of 21,28 & 818 that have single chamber which is expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
So does that mean I can easily refill my HP 21 and 22 at home ? Where can I buy the ink and the refilling equipment ? Also can you tell me about the cost incurred ? Thanks.
You just need the ink and an ordinary disposable syringe, you can buy ink from ebay.in , search "hp ink refill"
Old 27th September 2010, 15:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No of chambers doesn't matters, 818 can hold 4~6ml which is same as 21, but one has to make sure they don't overfill the cartridge.
Refilling 818 is as successful as refilling 21, the trick is to refill 818 before ink is completely empty.

Even 21 & 28 have multiple chambers, its the XL version of 21,28 & 818 that have single chamber which is expensive.

You just need the ink and an ordinary disposable syringe, you can buy ink from ebay.in , search "hp ink refill"
Any Idea How many times can 818 cartridges can be refilled.I was told may be a second time and that's the End of Life for the Cartridge.
Old 28th September 2010, 16:10   #45

the number of times 818 can be refilled depends on your ability to not puncture the waste ink container within the cartridge.In case of my canon printer ive used 250ml of black ink on a single cartridge with pretty satisfying results.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks