Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 12:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Installed this app on my iphone yesterday and tried it out today on my way to work. Also got a chance to report a traffic jam on Bannerghatta Road too!
My Id is s1ngh, btw and i have also joined the tbhp group there.
what time were you on the road? i started from Ulsoor around 10am and reached EC1 at 11:15am! Waze didn't show any buddy's online!
Old 18th October 2010, 13:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
what time were you on the road? i started from Ulsoor around 10am and reached EC1 at 11:15am! Waze didn't show any buddy's online!
Our paths didnt cross then. I was at Trinity Circle around 9:15 AM. My normal route is Bannerghatta Road - Hosur Road - Trinity Circle - Hennur Road - Manyata.
It was a lonely drive for me too!
Old 18th October 2010, 13:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Our paths didnt cross then. I was at Trinity Circle around 9:15 AM. My normal route is Bannerghatta Road - Hosur Road - Trinity Circle - Hennur Road - Manyata.
It was a lonely drive for me too!
actually, i stay in OMBR layout (Banaswadi). today i had been to my mother-in-law's place to drop a few things, hence the start from Ulsoor. normally, i would be going from Banaswadi to Electronic City (OMBR layout > NGEF bypass > Indiranagar > IRR > Koramangala > Madivala > EC1). your route seems almost opposite!

what time do you normally reach Hennur side? i'll keep Waze open tomorrow to see if you show up on the map!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 18th October 2010 at 13:52.
Old 18th October 2010, 14:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

what time do you normally reach Hennur side? i'll keep Waze open tomorrow to see if you show up on the map!
I was there a little earlier than usual today, otherwise i normally get there around 10. Lets see if we can spot each other tomorrow!

EDIT: Keeping this in mind:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-reported.html
i am wondering how we can use this app to keep roads a little safer for each other.

Last edited by amitoj : 18th October 2010 at 14:17.
Old 18th October 2010, 14:30   #20
BHPian

Glad the app is helping T-BHP members out already! More Delhi users please! I drive to office and back every day and traffic/accident/police reports will be very helpful! There's a new delhi group too.

I'll join the team-bhp group today. Don't you guys agree its a great little app?
Old 18th October 2010, 14:39   #21
jav
BHPian

This is a very nice app, just installed it yesterday, I also joined the team-bhp group and today afternoon could see IronH4WK in my map.

Last edited by jav : 18th October 2010 at 14:41.
Old 18th October 2010, 14:54   #22
BHPian

Hope this thing doesn't open up another pandoras box related to privacy. Is there any option of not being online and still use the navigation features?
Old 18th October 2010, 15:07   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Does this app support Blackberry Storm 9530? I checked the site but storm wasnt there in the supported handsets list. Anybody tried this with Storm? Kindly let me know.
Thanks
Old 18th October 2010, 15:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was there a little earlier than usual today, otherwise i normally get there around 10. Lets see if we can spot each other tomorrow!
10-4! i'm WFH tomorrow, but i'll see if i can show up at the Hennur cross. i'll try to be on the LHS!

Quote:
i am wondering how we can use this app to keep roads a little safer for each other.
well, if one gets mugged he/she can provide an update so others can avoid that route! just kidding!

if don't know if this application allows canned messages - thereby, in event of emergency a BHPian can report a incident using canned message (obviously he/she won't get time to type to whole message) and folks nearby can assist or call for backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Don't you guys agree its a great little app?
it's an awesome app bro! thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav View Post
This is a very nice app, just installed it yesterday, I also joined the team-bhp group and today afternoon could see IronH4WK in my map.
when did you see me on the map? was it around 12:45pm? i was fooling around with it before i went to lunch and surprisingly i got GPS reception inside our office!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Hope this thing doesn't open up another pandoras box related to privacy. Is there any option of not being online and still use the navigation features?
go through the guided tour - there is an option to remain anonymous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Does this app support Blackberry Storm 9530? I checked the site but storm wasnt there in the supported handsets list. Anybody tried this with Storm? Kindly let me know.
Thanks
i think Blackberry isn't supported as yet. saw this in their FAQ section for supported phones: "In the future we are also planning to support BlackBerry devices, as well as other platforms."
Old 18th October 2010, 17:26   #25
BHPian

Quote:
i think Blackberry isn't supported as yet. saw this in their FAQ section for supported phones: "In the future we are also planning to support BlackBerry devices, as well as other platforms."
There seems to be Beta version of the app available for Blackberry right now, but the supported phones are only Bold 9700, Tour 9630, Bold 9000 and Curve 8900.

Didn't realise Satguide was behind this venture. Seems like a nice idea.
Old 18th October 2010, 18:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav View Post
and i can see u online now, somewhere near Kasavanahalli Main rd. No idea where that is though.
Old 18th October 2010, 19:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

on the Live Map on www.waze.com, i could just now see three people online in the Bangalore area - hayat, nitin g and maggu. any of these BHPians?
Old 18th October 2010, 19:51   #28
BHPian

I installed the app. Its loaded with features, however it slow (map rendering). Im using my home wifi and standing in balcony for GPS locking.

I see 3-4 team-bhp members online, like Prasant, Jav-BHP, shamhegde.

Cool app, lets see how usefull it is in actual conditions.

Also, i think it demands heavy data usage.

There are few other groups im exploring...
Old 18th October 2010, 20:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
I installed the app. Its loaded with features, however it slow (map rendering). Im using my home wifi and standing in balcony for GPS locking.

I see 3-4 team-bhp members online, like Prasant, Jav-BHP, shamhegde.

Cool app, lets see how usefull it is in actual conditions.

Also, i think it demands heavy data usage.

There are few other groups im exploring...
hey are you seeing the other wazeiers on the phone or on the website? i started Waze on my phone and kept it outside, but it isn't showing up on the Live Map on the site :(
Old 18th October 2010, 21:44   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Yep. There's an option to remain anonymous on the map. Furthermore, you can choose if you don't want to be pinged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Thanks
My friend could download the beta version on his curve 8520.

Glad you guys are enjoying this! I wish there were more people online in Delhi! It'd be pretty cool to keep each other updated on the traffic situations and stuff. Plus I've created a 'New Delhi Wazers' group to keep delhi team-bhp roadsters well informed!

Good luck and lets keep this alive!

Most Viewed