Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Hatchback with the most back friendly seat!
Figo 15 13.16%
Fabia 16 14.04%
Punto 24 21.05%
Swift 51 44.74%
Jazz 14 12.28%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2011, 09:00   #46
BHPian

Re: Hatchback with the best driving seat!!!

@fast Raj,

Can relate to your problem with your back. I am 6'1" and heavy built. Had to sell off my Bullet because of the same. Love the low seating of the esteem/OHC/Zen. Dont like the Tall Seating of the modern hatches one bit.
But each time I drive my office WagonR the ease of getting in and out combined with the perfectly erect posture that is such a heaven for your back. I like it better than the swift. But This is just a seating point of view, that too in city, point to point driving.

On the highway the WR looses its edge because of zeto lateral/shoulder support which coupled with the high centre of gravity would shake you around like a pendulum.

But the Swift offers good shoulder support but felt that the lower back support is poor. Alto the ride is quite firm

My vote is for the RITZ, Good Seats, pliant ride. Good lateral support. If possible go for the ZXI.

But My all time favourite is the Fiat UNO.

Last edited by sureshkishore : 25th June 2011 at 09:03.
Old 25th June 2011, 09:24   #47
BHPian

I've driven all of these above stated hatchbacks & amongst these if you consider the Front seat comfort alone then No one can beat it but if you consider the whole Driving position comfort & ergonomics related to it then IMHO, Figo seems to be the best with its Racy dynamics, comfortable Steering wheel, Pedals& Gear lever placement.
Old 7th August 2011, 16:10   #48
BHPian

I own a Getz Prime and then I have driven each of these cars.

Fabia has the best driving seat according to me. The poll result looks too unrealistic with fans of the largest selling car in the segment giving votes to it. But again, its my personal view.
Old 8th August 2011, 01:55   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
I think this is a flawed survey, where is Vista on the list? With the best thigh support and adjustable lumbar support, i think its one of the best options out there!
+1 to that.

I did a drive from Pune to Hyderabad (as of today still at HYD) via Solapur, me being the only driver. The drive was almost non stop save for a 30 minute halt at Solapur and a couple pee breaks.

The road is good to worse in patches. I was so comfortable that on reaching, I was able to again drive 10 kms to meet my dad!

Also, I drive 50 kms every day (25kms+25kms) across Pune, in peak hour traffic as well as low traffic conditions, on really bad roads and I can vouch for the comfort that the seat offers.
p.s.: My sister suffers from a slipped disk and finds the vista more comfortable than the cars they have (Ikon, Swift, Santro and recently Vento).

Last edited by torquecurve : 8th August 2011 at 01:58.
Old 8th August 2011, 08:02   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
I think this is a flawed survey, where is Vista on the list? With the best thigh support and adjustable lumbar support, i think its one of the best options out there!
Well, the survey was always flawed. Because

1) There is no way one could assure that the voter drove all the cars mentioned.

2) There is no mechanism to consolidate for the number of users for that model. Swift has more users than any other car and Jazz probably the least and it shows on the result.

IMO you cannot quantify such questions, somethings are better answered ourselves (read test drives).

P.S: I got nothing to take away from the point made that Vista should be on the poll. But the OP did not consider it for buying. So this is not an official poll to select the hatch with best driver's seat.

Last edited by anilisanil : 8th August 2011 at 08:04.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:03   #51
BHPian

My wife had serious back problem. After much research I purcahsed ANHC AT for her- a decision which was proven to be right but our recent tiresome journey on bad roads in rain. Of course it is not a hatch back-but all hatches have a tendency to bob/roll at the back seat. For the driver's seat,many people have praised Jazz's seas -though I have never driven it.

Last edited by charthom : 8th August 2011 at 12:05.
Old 12th August 2011, 09:57   #52
BHPian

My dad has a fragile back, which was operated on couple of years back.
I think I should get him a hatchback, for his aid.

Which hatchback will suit him best, considering his extremely sensitive back. My budget is 5L.

thanks,
Old 12th August 2011, 11:55   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post

Which hatchback will suit him best, considering his extremely sensitive back. My budget is 5L.

thanks,

Is he going to drive the car or is he going to be driven around?
Old 12th August 2011, 12:30   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

thanks,
If he is going to be chauffeured, your best option might be Indica Vista - when it comes to back seat comfort, Vista is miles ahead of its competition. If he plans to drive, take him along and make him drive all the models - he will be the best guy to judge which car suits his back best,
Old 12th August 2011, 12:38   #55
BHPian

I have driven WagonR, Santro, Punto, Swift and Vista on drives for more than 8 hours in one stretch.
My observation regarding driver seat comfort: (for benefit of future buyers)

Swift > Vista > Punto > Santro > WagonR

Edit: chauffered = Vista all the way.

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 12th August 2011 at 12:43. Reason: Edit: chauffered = Vista all the way.
Old 12th August 2011, 12:41   #56
BHPian

Sorry, I forgot to mention that he will be driving the Car.

Thanks Anil, theexperthand and DieselAddikt for your replies.
Old 12th August 2011, 14:58   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I forgot to mention that he will be driving the Car.

Thanks Anil, theexperthand and DieselAddikt for your replies.
If he drives the car, then you might want to consider tall boys like Ritz and wagonr. But then suspension and other features depends on how much he drives and how long. Among the better suspensions are Punto, Figo and Swift. But these cars require you to stoop a little to enter into the car.
Old 12th August 2011, 15:10   #58
BHPian

I am 6'2" and I find the Jazz seat extremely comfortable. It has great back as well as lumbar support. They have designed the seats very well. Compared to the Jazz, the swift seat is not as good. It gives no support whatsoever.
Old 12th August 2011, 15:31   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
If he drives the car, then you might want to consider tall boys like Ritz and wagonr. But then suspension and other features depends on how much he drives and how long. Among the better suspensions are Punto, Figo and Swift. But these cars require you to stoop a little to enter into the car.
Yes Ritz is one option and so is Swift 2011, provided it is priced around 20-30K more than outgoing model.

I really did not consider WagonR. I drove a non K series Engine WagonR and did not like its gear shift quality at all. Plus very uncomfortable at the back. I do not know how much Maruti has improved these things in new WagonR.

For now looks like choices I have are -

Ritz VXI
Hyundai i10 Magna Kappa2
Hyundai Santro GL Plus

Cu,
Old 12th August 2011, 23:20   #60
BHPian

Quote:

thanks,

As your dad will be driving, my suggestion would be to go for the Vista. If you read my posts, I have mentioned my sister who suffers from a slipped disk finds the Vista supremely comfortable. Also, if he will be chauffered, then this is still a good choice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks