Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2015, 18:02   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Prasad View Post
IMO, it wouldn't hurt if you go with the elite i20 (Asta trim) instead of the Active as you already have a VW in the house. It is perhaps the best kitted in the segment and both exterior & interior quality, fit & finish is comparable to VW.
That was what I initially went to the Hyundai showroom for!
The i20 active standing right next to it with all the bells and whistles has caught her fancy.

The Polo on the other hand looks like a poor cousin( albeit an elegant one ).

Things are taking an unexpected turn. She says I can have the Vento and she can have the i20 active 😨!

I am a consultant in a number of hospitals and need to get around town through a lot of small streets and with barely enough space to park a hatch.

If I indeed take the vento I would need to hire a driver to park the car and take care of it.
Old 28th March 2015, 19:06   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I don't understand why you want to exchange a relatively modern hatch for another hatch but anyway, of the cars listed, I would stay away from the Polo unless you consider the GT twins. Also do consider waiting a bit for the Suzuki YRA
Mounting service bills. Post 40K and with the end of warranty the scene isn't pretty.

The only hatches which were premium enough or fun enough to drive were chosen. I am not happy with the present generation Swift. I had a 2008 Swift Vdi which was fabulously fun to drive which I eventually exchanged for the Vento.

The present generation Swift can't hold a candle to it, IMHO.
Old 6th April 2015, 02:35   #123
Senior - BHPian

Re: The B2-segment Hatchbacks Comparison Thread!

Need quick reply from fellow bhpians who have driven both Ritz and Grand i10. Please comment on ride, handling and back seat comfort at low and high speads respectively.
Old 6th April 2015, 10:15   #124
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Need quick reply from fellow bhpians who have driven both Ritz and Grand i10. Please comment on ride, handling and back seat comfort at low and high speads respectively.
I have extensively used the Ritz VDi so I can comment for it.

Low Speed ride: It is ok but sometimes too bumpy and harsh on our body.

High speed ride: It is great. I like it.

Low speed handling: Excellent.

High speed handling: Body roll is noticed but not high enough to run wide. Under control thanks to the stiff suspension setup.
Old 8th April 2015, 21:44   #125
Senior - BHPian

Ritz Zdi vs Grand i10 Asta option

Maruti is offering huge discount on Ritz diesel. This messes up the whole equation.
Advantage Ritz:
Great diesel engine with good city driveability too.
Great ingress and egress.
Superb front seats.
Steering feedback.
Disadvantage Ritz:
Have a feeling, interior will rattle in few thousand kilometres.
Has been around for quite a bit.

Advantage Grand i10:
Great interiors, probably this one reason is enough to buy it. Loaded with features. Have a feeling the interiors would last thousands of kilometres.

Disadvantage Grand i10:
Lacklustre steering.
Stupid horn.
Old 8th April 2015, 21:54   #126
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post

Disadvantage Ritz:
Have a feeling, interior will rattle in few thousand kilometres.
Has been around for quite a bit.
Now that's a very wrong feeling that you have got for the Ritz regarding its interiors, fit and Finish.

I have lived with that car for around 3 years and 1.08L kms. I am happy to say that rattles aren't a part of it. Strong and great build for a Maruti.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 06:34   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Now that's a very wrong feeling that you have got for the Ritz regarding its interiors, fit and Finish.

I have lived with that car for around 3 years and 1.08L kms. I am happy to say that rattles aren't a part of it. Strong and great build for a Maruti.
How rugged s the Ritz suspension?

I need a hatch that would be driven for city 50%, over highways and bad roads 50%, good fuel economy. Considering Ritz, Swift and Liva.

How comfortable will we be after say a 15 hours long drive for 3 days. My usual trip is from Bangalore to Kolkata/Mumbai/Nagpur etc.
Old 12th April 2015, 11:25   #128
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post

I need a hatch that would be driven for city 50%, over highways and bad roads 50%, good fuel economy. Considering Ritz, Swift and Liva.

How comfortable will we be after say a 15 hours long drive for 3 days. My usual trip is from Bangalore to Kolkata/Mumbai/Nagpur etc.
Bit on the stiffer side but the suspension is good. Seating comfort is brilliant so long journeys aren't an issue.
Old 12th April 2015, 13:01   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If there are going to be several bad roads, the Ritz is rugged enough to take it except it might feel a little uncomfortable. Liva should be more well suited to the task
Old 12th April 2015, 20:09   #130
BHPian

took the test drive of swift today. its an awesome car. is the suspension rugged enough to take on bad roads
Old 12th April 2015, 21:29   #131
BHPian

Quote:
took the test drive of swift today. its an awesome car. is the suspension rugged enough to take on bad roads
I had one for 5 years and ran 100 k km before it was exchanged for my Vento TDi in 2013. I've been on roads, on mud tracks and once was even towed across a dried river by a tractor . I've had some niggles occasionally but my Sunset orange hasn't ever let me down.
Old 12th April 2015, 21:52   #132
BANNED

Quote:
I am saying with experience as I have had the Ritz for 3 years and loved every moment with it.

Now I own the Swift for over 1 year clocking 42K kms without a hitch in ride and handling.
Old 12th April 2015, 22:37   #133
BHPian

Well, so which one is better suited for comfortable long drives, 50% on bad roads. considering both are capable.

swift or ritz.

the a star is awesome but I have to get down every two hours and walk a bit to avoid cramps, not so in my safari.
Old 12th April 2015, 22:41   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
swift or ritz.
I think that decision is more if you need a tall boy at home. Do check the Ritz, because many dont feel comfortable with its driving position. You need to confirm yourself on that. Ritz also helps, if there are seniors at home. Because ingress and egress is quite easy, it being a tall boy.

Last edited by ampere : 12th April 2015 at 22:48.
Old 13th April 2015, 21:30   #135
BANNED

Quote:
Well, so which one is better suited for comfortable long drives, 50% on bad roads. considering both are capable.

swift or ritz.

the a star is awesome but I have to get down every two hours and walk a bit to avoid cramps, not so in my safari.
Swift: Best for only front seat passengers be it any type of journey as it doesn't get tiresome 90% of the time I'd the seating etc are adjusted well.

Ritz: Good height, great view, tall boy, upright seating position. Ride wise no issue at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks