Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2006, 23:24   #1
BHPian

Planning to buy a SWIFT ZXi - Now Bought.

Guys... am planning to zero-in on a Swift ZXi as my next daily-use-car! Pl advise on the followings from your real experiences. Thanks in advance!

(1) Am getting a ZXi model expecting better RIDE comfort than its own VXi, LXi models? Am opting ZXi only for the available best(swift) ride comfort.!! What say?!

(2) Main aim is to convert it to LPG with proper endorsement in RC. Now, howz the performance of an LPG kitted Swift??!! preferably with a/c on all the time??!!! I plan to cover 2000 kms on gas and 500 kms on Petrol every month!!! Is this proportion good enough for a trouble free tenure of 90k kms in 3-4 years?!

(3) I juz test rode a VXi model (demo car, 11k done) and what I felt is that the car is only a bit better than my Indica DLE in terms of power delivery!!! As am fed up with the Indica's moving ability, my primary concern in a new car is smooth power delivery!! What say?!

(4) Had any of you guys fitted the MGP body kits shown in thier website?! if YES.. wats the cost?!!

(5) Best suited color from swifts on sale now?! This is toughest for me to decide!!!! Lemme know your choice!

Expecting great suggetions and advise from all of the swift enthusiats here!!!

Thanks & Regards
Nikhil
Old 27th August 2006, 08:47   #2
Team-BHP Support

1: Not necessarily withe bigger wheels

2: Maybe you should wait for the diesel. LPG will make it sluggish and take up the boot space
Old 27th August 2006, 08:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike
(3) I juz test rode a VXi model (demo car, 11k done) and what I felt is that the car is only a bit better than my Indica DLE in terms of power delivery!!! As am fed up with the Indica's moving ability, my primary concern in a new car is smooth power delivery!! What say?!

I think you need a different car.
Old 27th August 2006, 09:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jathinrao
the ABS will stop u in no time ,unlike the INDICA where u have to battle hard to bring the car to halt.
Indica has one of the best brakes in the business.
It might be the most happening car right now but people are facing lots of niggling problem with it. Its cheap but the quality aint that great.
Old 27th August 2006, 10:15   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Nikkibike,

(1) You'll be gaining better handling albeit at the slight expense of ride quality in the Zxi, due to its broader lower profile tyres over the Vxi.

(2) Fitting an LPG kit within the warranty period will immediately void the warranty. LPG also has a lower calorific value than petrol - manifested as lowered engine performance over a petrol fuel.

(3) Swift is sluggish till 2000 rpm in any gear. This is what you've correctly observed during your test drive. After 2000 rpm, the power kicks in linearly and smoothly and the car pulls reassuringly. This gearing makes the Swift better suited to highway driving than city. Having said that, as a Swift owner myself, I am punch pleased with this beautiful car with my 50:50 spilt of city:highway driving.

(4)They're actually SGP. I had enquired during my car booking. They are not readily avaiable anywhere and dealers say if you place a firm order, they'll deliver from Japan within 3 months. They're also expensive and the rates quoted on Maruti's website for the Swift's accessories are w/o tax. E.g, a Rs 6500 quoted price on the rear-end roof spoiler actually costs Rs 8500 with VAT/fitting. But the quality is fantastic.

(5) I'm a black lover - hence my black Swift. Silver is too common. Red - altho looks good initially, fades rapidly, and at the end of 2 years, the fading is visible to an eyesore. Also, judging from member Freakrz's experience on his red Swift, Maruti service stations are unable to give an exact color match on FRP parts like bumpers to the point where a repaired/replaced sticks out badly.
Old 27th August 2006, 10:23   #6
BHPian

Hi there

Thanks Jithin!! Swift is definitely a better (overall) car than the Indica... but I felt the 'starting-off' is as sluggier as an Indica. Am not terming the top speed or speeding ability of the car..!!! Well.. reg colors, your list have the most exiting colors for swift. Can you please xero-in??!!!

Thanks
Nikhil
Old 27th August 2006, 10:37   #7
BHPian

Hi Mag

Thanks for that detailed post!! Really helped me in improving my knowledge bout SWIFT!

Reg 14" wheels on ZXi, won't it increase the ride comfort compared to 13" wheels on VXi???!!

Well..reg power delivery during the initial start-off... what you said is exactly what I felt during test ride... thanks for that information...
How bout its drivability in city having moderate traffic(not bumper to bumper traffic)??!!!

Also, is there any recurring troubls with your car so far??!! Have heard of hood rattling, faulty climate control system etc etc...!! Any such problems remains still unattended by the manufacturer??!!

Do you think the extras in ZXi is really worth of investments??!! Is there any ride comfort diffrences in ZXi & VXi models?! Which one would be THE best choice??!!

Sorry for disturbing you!!!! Kindly reply conveniently.

Thanks in advance..!!

Nikhil.
Old 27th August 2006, 10:50   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Jithin!! Swift is definitely a better (overall) car than the Indica... but I felt the 'starting-off' is as sluggier as an Indica. Am not terming the top speed or speeding ability of the car..!!! Well.. reg colors, your list have the most exiting colors for swift. Can you please xero-in??!!!

Thanks
Nikhil

Yea, i feel you are right about the Swift's initial power delivery. I guess the Swift shares the same engine as of that in the Esteem. And when i test drove the Swift, i found it sluggish till the first 1.5-2k rpm but after that there is a tremendous surge in power. Power Delivery is wonderfully noticable after the 2.5-3k rpm mark.

Why don't you have a look at the Getz GLS as well??? Its a good car in its own right. I find it a better overall package compared to the Swift.

CHEERS+
Old 27th August 2006, 11:44   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that detailed post!! Really helped me in improving my knowledge bout SWIFT!

Reg 14" wheels on ZXi, won't it increase the ride comfort compared to 13" wheels on VXi???!!

Well..reg power delivery during the initial start-off... what you said is exactly what I felt during test ride... thanks for that information...
How bout its drivability in city having moderate traffic(not bumper to bumper traffic)??!!!

Also, is there any recurring troubls with your car so far??!! Have heard of hood rattling, faulty climate control system etc etc...!! Any such problems remains still unattended by the manufacturer??!!

Do you think the extras in ZXi is really worth of investments??!! Is there any ride comfort diffrences in ZXi & VXi models?! Which one would be THE best choice??!!

Sorry for disturbing you!!!! Kindly reply conveniently.

Thanks in advance..!!

Nikhil.
The fact that Zxi has 14 inch wheels makes it have lower profile tyres than the 13 inch wheels of the Vxi that has larger tyres. Smaller the sidewall, lesser is the cushioning

City driving is not an issue.

My Swift has not had a single problem, not even rattling. Howver she needs good roads to keep her in prime.

VFM is the Vxi. The Zxi is also a good choice. Absolutely do not consider the Lxi. But, if you look at the Zxi from a resale PoV, its not going to do anything substantial over the Vxi.
Old 27th August 2006, 15:08   #10
Senior - BHPian

A correction here. All Swifts come with 14" wheels; Lxi, Vxi, and Zxi. No 13" options. The Zxi only comes with larger profile tyres. That's it.

Secondly, for the amount of running that you intend to do, I would suggest you go for the new LPG-fitted (O.E from Maruti) Wagon-R. You won't be disappointed.

If you've made up your mind, then go ahead. But if you intend to fit LPG, your resale value will be affected anyways. Go for the Vxi-ABS and change the wheels later, if you want. The difference amount between the Vxi-ABS and the Zxi will cover your LPG conversion costs and larger wheels, if you want them.

And oh- I've been driving my Zxi since 1 year and 2 months (or so), and no problems so far. Touchwood. No climate control or mechanical issues. Yes, body parts DO tend to rattle, but not the hood- mainly the B & C pillar panels. And in certain cases, the struts. Not all, mind you. But that's it.
Old 27th August 2006, 16:23   #11
BHPian

hi x,x,x,

hi theMAG,

Well explained answer!! Thanks a ton for that?!

Cost difference between vxi and zxi is almost 60k. Then ZXi is loaded with (1) Air bags (2) defogger (3) climate control system (4) rear wiper (5) Alloys with wider tyres etc etc... Won't these stuffs support during resale??!!! And, don't these stuffs fit the extended bill??!!

Sorry again for disturbing you??!!

Thanks a ton!!!
hi veyron,

Guess you are wrong on the sizes of WHEELS. LXi and VXi comes with 13" wheels as per their respective cataloges. And ZXi is fitted with slightly wider tyre on 14" alloys!!! Pl check and revert. OR am I wrong??!!! OR are you refering to the overall outer diameter of these two types of tyres??!!
And hey, whatz the fuel efficiency you are getting regularly??!!

Thanks a ton for you too..!!

Thanks guys... pl continue..

Nikhil
Old 27th August 2006, 21:52   #12
BHPian

Dude go for the Vxi + ABS and you can use the extra cash to get some good alloys and even if u chose to get your lpg conversion done (I would not suggest lpg at any cost though), the other features on the Zxi are nice to have but may not be a necessity. you can get alloys and a good music system with the spare cash.
Old 27th August 2006, 23:12   #13
BHPian

hi anarchist

Thanks for that reply. Dealer will bring ZXi tomorrow for a road test. I'll decide after analysing the differences between the two.

Thanks again
Nikhil.
Old 28th August 2006, 08:36   #14
BHPian

My Dec 2005 Vxi came with 14" tubeless. As Veyron1 said, the Zxi has alloys and larger profile 14"ers.

And you're planning to run a lot - a dual-fuel(WagonR LPG or Xeta CNG) car or a Diesel is a better option.
Old 28th August 2006, 08:46   #15
Senior - BHPian

My friend has a Swift ZXi and these are my comments, If you want a car for performance and exciting to drive, then swift is not the car for you, also the mileage is not very very good. You will get about 9 kpl in the city. And yes, please do not think of getting LPG Kit installed in the Swift, Take a look at the New Wagon R Duo in that case, which is good, Also take alook at the Getz, It is a very nice car and is about 50k cheaper than the ZXi, of course you will not get clim - control and alloys but if you can live w/o it I will advise you to go for the getz.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks