Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2022, 20:25   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which hatchback in the 6 - 7 lakh budget?

Quote:

I am not keen to buy ANOTHER Tata after 15 years of suffering, but wife has a valid point- Safety of my family is important. Thoughts?
Update, closed on the etios. I'll have to put up with the low power for now. Will update once the sale is complete
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 20:55   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hatchback for city use - Ignis Vs Tiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthgear View Post
She is leaning towards the Ignis but one niggle is the looks of the front bumper grille of the current model, though it is not a deal breaker. Is it possible to replace it with the front bumper grille of the older model?
Ah - that front bumper and grille really is a fly in the ointment innit? The previous generation looked so sophisticated in comparison. Technically it won't be impossible to install the old spec bumper. However - absolutely don't go that way. The hassle is too much, and not many do a good job of such replacements. Just tell your cousin that you don't need to see your own bumper when driving the car . Live with it.

Given the particular use-case - I'd vote for the Ignis any day. The Tiago is a lovely all-rounder car (and equally as reliable as the Ignis). But the tall-boy practicality of the Ignis coupled with the peace-of-mind of a Maruti badge, definitely mean something in this particular case. The cabin is very practical for the driver as well as the passengers. Everything just "falls-into-place". And there might be some good discounts on offer too. I'd say go for at least the trim that gets the rear wiper function. Ignis sure needs it. Its absolutely worth the asking price given the other goodies that come with it. Since she'll keep the car for 10+ years - the price difference will hardly matter in the long run.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 08:28   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Is it possible to replace it with the front bumper grille of the older model?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Ah - that front bumper and grille really is a fly in the ointment innit? The previous generation looked so sophisticated in comparison. Technically it won't be impossible to install the old spec bumper. However - absolutely don't go that way. The hassle is too much, and not many do a good job of such replacements.
The grill is a direct replacement as we had done in a previously owned car.The accents in bumper look good after a simple wrap.Ignis being from MS stable, many aftermarket customisation options are available.

Which hatchback in the 6 - 7 lakh budget?-ignis.jpg
maheshm619 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 11:42   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

She is leaning towards the Ignis but one niggle is the looks of the front bumper grille of the current model, though it is not a deal breaker. Is it possible to replace it with the front bumper grille of the older model?
Bumper should be replaceable however one will get used to the design. Would recommend to stick to same. As for Ignis, an updated model with K12C(the dualjet) engine is expected soon, may be worth the wait.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 09:58   #110
BANNED

M too, looking for a hatchback in 6 Lakh range. It will be driven both, in city and on highway. Average running would be 300Kms + every week. The road conditions aren't good here either, so need a vehicle with good suspension and mileage. Gotta have some grunt, to not be bogged down when put on the air con.
Ignis has been suggested, but I'm not sure about it's rear seating comfort. I mean I was OK when I alone sat in it for a short stretch but don't know how it will take 4 full sized adults.
Old 10th June 2022, 08:43   #111
BHPian

After 2011 Swift, we never brought a new hatchback. However now with my son is also driving, we need to replace current city drive (pre-owned almost 17 year old Getz) with another hatchback/psuedo suv/muvs. Any suggestion is welcome.

Requirement (in the order of priority)

1. Car is driven by both my wife (5'1") and son(6'2"), very important to have comfortable driving position for both of them.
2. Safety feature are important, even in city during late night or early morning drive often we cross 60kmph
3. Reliable and easy to maintain

Other points
1. It would be city only car, with approximately ~600km/month.
2. Budget < 10L
3. Either Manual or Automatic Transmission(but needs to decent)
4. Parking is not an issue

Last edited by manjubp : 10th June 2022 at 08:46.
manjubp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 09:51   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
1. Car is driven by both my wife (5'1") and son(6'2"), very important to have comfortable driving position for both of them.
2. Safety feature are important, even in city during late night or early morning drive often we cross 60kmph
3. Reliable and easy to maintain

Other points
1. It would be city only car, with approximately ~600km/month.
2. Budget < 10L
3. Either Manual or Automatic Transmission(but needs to decent)
4. Parking is not an issue
Punch -safe, decent GC, gets MT and AMT option , less than 10L. Engine is the weakest link, underpowered and 3 pot is not refined. May not be as efficient too given the weight.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 13:40   #113
BHPian

Isn't it sad that though we have so many hatchbacks in market , there is no much choice if one wants a decent hatchback ( something like old grand i10 ) with a good CVT or AT within 8 to 9 Lacs
Old 22nd November 2023, 08:04   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
Isn't it sad that though we have so many hatchbacks in market , there is no much choice if one wants a decent hatchback ( something like old grand i10 ) with a good CVT or AT within 8 to 9 Lacs
we have less hatchbacks than before...
Beat, Brio, Figo, Polo are no more...

Used market prices have crazily shot up, adding to the confusion.

Am in the same boat as many.... looking for a (used as of now, or new soon) hatch with decent engine, and safe.
Might have to settle for used Celerio / Grand i10 (or Swift)
Old 22nd November 2023, 19:28   #115
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

My friend recently bought a 2016 model Grand i10 Asta (O) Automatic in Kerala for 4.5 lakhs, it had run only 40,000 km. Come to think of it with the Alto AMT costing around 7 lakhs on-road in Kerala, this seems like a good deal, moreover, the one he bought has a TC AT too, an automatic car with anything other than an AMT costs at least 10 lakhs on-road here.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 11:33   #116
BHPian

The used car prices in BLR are quite high. We've been looking for an efficient city car for monthly usage of about 500-600kms including 1 highway run of 160 kms. Have tested the Wagon R, Nios, Celerio, Tiago EV (all new) and they cost 8-9 and also looked at used versions of these cars. 3 yrs old cars are being quoted at just 20% less than the present on road prices. Any decent low run example is 6.5L+. Rather spend 1.5-2L more and get a brand new car.

During our search we came across the Magnite AMT, not the best AMT, but for 7.75L on-road a 4star rated compact SUV seems unbeatable value. By spending another 25k, we can get a good music system with AA and CarPlay and some seat covers. Features like 4 power windows, rear washer and wiper, spacious cabin and no clutch seems like a win-win at this price.

But the issue is whether Nissan will last in India, or fold like Ford. They've just sponsored the world-cup and have promised new models, but ASS and Nissan leaving India is a concern.

The Magnite is also not E20 compliant, so will that be an issue..

Looking forward to hearing from BHPians on what seems like a good option.
govindasrani is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks