Team-BHP - Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/22974-hatchback-options-automatic-transmission-3.html)

WagonR's are still available in A/T, but it's a lousy 3 speed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashthedivx (Post 1281388)
Are you sure about Zen and 800 ?? I hope you are not confusing an Automatic gearbox with AutoClutch thingy !!

I think Zen came with AT option at some point. I know I person who drives Zen automatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guna (Post 1282452)
I think Zen came with AT option at some point. I know I person who drives Zen automatic

I've seen the Zen AT and the Esteem AT. It was called the Esteem AX. The 800 was available as a auto for the disabled on special order. The Wagon R is still available as a AT. I just confirmed this from the dealer today. I also told him to check if the Alto can be ordered as an AT.

Yes Zen did have an AT option during it's lifetime. 800 afaik din't come with an autobox.

I have seen the 800 AT some years ago. It was owned by a disabled guy, who had additionally fitted hand controls for the brake and acclerator. The AT was only provided to a person with some disability. The general public could not buy it.

Pedolourenco: You are right on Esteem and M800, its the same with Zen too, it was also launched for the same reasons with an Auto box.

Currently there is i10 and WagonR AT in compact segment.

i10 AT is excellent, WagonR AT is horrible wiith 3 speed transmission and doesnt sell well. Best is to avoid it

Anyway, this thread is more than 2 yrs old, the thread opener may have moved on farway from his first query.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanwaramit (Post 1283194)
Anyway, this thread is more than 2 yrs old, the thread opener may have moved on farway from his first query.

But there may be many who are looking for an automatic. They could use this information.

Mate,

Go for i10 automatic

or if you can stretch the budget

go for Verna Automatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedrolourenco (Post 1284838)
But there may be many who are looking for an automatic. They could use this information.

Here is one that's looking for cues on buying an used AT. Thanks for all your inputs, i am looking for a used Santro AT now!!!

Hello Folks,

I searched and searched for a thread that is exclusive to this topic and I could not find any. Please let me know if there is a dedicated thread on this topic so we can delete this thread and use the other thread. That being said...

Let me get to the actual topic...

I am looking for all the cars with automatic transmission that are currently available in Indian market.

So far I found i10 and i20 with automatic transmission. Please can you guys post the models that are available in this automatic transmission as you come across in this format.

Make : Hyundai
Models with AT: i10, i20

Off the top of my head at 2 in the night :D

Maruti- A* and SX4
Chevolet- Cruze
Hyundai- Verna (in addition to what you've listed)
Tata- None (Come on Tata! A VFM AT would be a killer)
Mahindra- Scorpio
Skoda- Laura, Superb

All top end cars are mostly AT. Making a list of that is, um, time consuming.

Honda CRV, Civic.
BMW & Mercedes have plenty too.

Below is the list I can think off.

Chevolet- Captiva
Hyundai- Sonata transform
Toyota - Corolla Altis, Camry and Prius
Honda - City, Civic, CRV and Accord
VW - Vento, Jetta, Passat and I am sure model above these will have a AT as a option

Brands like BMW, Audi , Mercedes too have AT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skmami (Post 2259717)

So far I found i10 and i20 with automatic transmission. Please can you guys post the models that are available in this automatic transmission as you come across in this format.

Make : Hyundai
Models with AT: i10, i20

Hyundai gives AT option in every model it makes in India

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasmeetsingh (Post 2259774)
Hyundai gives AT option in every model it makes in India

Nope. Not correct. Santro AT is not available any more