BHPian

Which one did you buy!

Hi! Which one finally you bought!
Old 18th June 2007, 10:44   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
Hi! Which one finally you bought!
If this is for me.. am going to go with Sparky within this week.
Cant wait

UVA is a great car too.. but am single and I just need the front 2 seats. I'll keep the rear folded in and use it to lug my stuff around or some hanky panky

Nimz
Old 18th June 2007, 12:28   #108
BHPian

@nimz :: If u consider the way the car winks at women, u have a lot of scope for hanky panky - play safe, dude!

@all others :: I finalised on the UVA base after 2 months of TD and RnD. Thanks to all of u who helped me decide with ur comments!

i will soon do a long post specifying why I've finally decided on the UVA over SWIFT/ SANTRO/ Palio / Spark and so many other cars -but not today. Maybe over the weekend.
Old 18th June 2007, 13:01   #109
BHPian

Nimz: I think its good decision. Spark is a good car in that segement. According to me in this segement the fight is betweek Spark and Santro. But if dont like santro then Spark is the choice.
I TD spark last week and I felt that engine is responsive and car is very stable even at 100+ speeds. Space is also adequate but I somehow didn't like the interiors touch and feel. But overall its a good car.
Old 18th June 2007, 13:45   #110
Senior - BHPian

spark is a real good option. with the 3 year warranty i feel the price too is quite reasonable.
enjoy. and drive safe.
Old 18th June 2007, 14:12   #111
BHPian

@Nimz - woah - so decided to spark things up eventually eh? Good good. Hope you get ur vehicle delivered soon. Btw looks like it took your 50th post for your decision? So i guess thats what being a Team BHPian is vs being a newbie. lol
EMD - U-va eh? Why the base version and not LS - most websites say thats VFM. I guess its our turn to wait till the weekend (deadline mate!) for your post.
Btw, i guess you may end up placing the order in time for ur 1st "BHPian" post.! i'm getting there......

And thanks Nimz, EMD, Kamy, GeekSreek, and others for the appreciation for my TD report on Palio 1.6 stile . If you guys have any feedback on my writing style - PM me - i'd be glad to hear it!

Btw, W.r.t to the palio 1.6 stile report (#93), can i get some feedback from the fiat owners (finney, moral to name a few)?
Old 18th June 2007, 14:31   #112
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Nimz and EMD on your choice of Spark and UVA respectively!

GeekSrik: Where are thou?
Old 18th June 2007, 14:51   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithon View Post
Btw, W.r.t to the palio 1.6 stile report (#93), can i get some feedback from the fiat owners (finney, moral to name a few)?
Me? Why me? I dont own a Stile. My comments on the old version 1.6 Sport are put up on a thread in the long term ownership report.
Old 18th June 2007, 18:28   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
@nimz :: If u consider the way the car winks at women, u have a lot of scope for hanky panky - play safe, dude!

@all others :: I finalised on the UVA base after 2 months of TD and RnD. Thanks to all of u who helped me decide with ur comments!
Nimz,EMD,
Contratulations on your selection. I have also finalised - for me its Spark LT. I was very much confused btw UVA and Spark, but due to sudden operation in my family, I had to cut down on the budget, so that made my decision. In any case, Spark is enough for my family of 3. But I loved UVA's ride quality.

It is nice that we started at same time with same set of cars and we closed almost at same time. I will book it very soon. Right now I am having a fight with my wife on color. Green one has long wait, my preference is Red that she does not want. I am dead against white. So lets see...

I am getting this under corporate scheme, so i will have to wait till quote-PO-delivery loop. I hope to sort this out in next 15 days. By the way, Checy people are saying no discount, no free accessories. Let me know if your experience is different.
Old 18th June 2007, 20:28   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Congrats Nimz and EMD on your choice of Spark and UVA respectively!

GeekSrik: Where are thou?
finney, i am very much here. surprise surprise, i m taking delivery of my Swift Diesel in another 3 days yes you read right. swift diesel. i thought about this whole sx4/swift thingy a lot, one white sx4 and one ozone blue swift diesel. people at home wanted me to go for VFM at this point. so swift it was what i choose. saved 2 lacs, wont get abs/airbags, compromised on safety and will laugh to bank with cheap fuel (diesel). not to forget to mention, its after all a good old FIAT engine! which i appreciate a lot. hopefully my next upgrade will be to VTEC honda. as and when it does come in with airbags/abs. but thats a long long way to go.

EMD - congrats on the uva, i m gonna miss the uva, but its perhaps gonna be compensated by the pulling power of the swift for me. but you my dear friend arent going to be feeling bad at all with the uva. i wonder if you bought the ABS version or not? i just hope you did. its just added safety. damn maruti, theyve cut corners everywhere but the engine for the diesel. sheesh.

congrats once again, and of course we ll wait for long term report section to look colourful with photos of your car dude!

going a bit OFFTOPIC -->

what are the brands of alloys i must look at ? i am thinking of white alloys, would anyone here pm/share me their views on the same? and oh yes, swift comes with nothing in built, no defogger, no alloys, ....
Old 18th June 2007, 20:31   #116
Senior - BHPian

radek

one suggestion. go for a colour which is readily available and to your liking too. dont be too choosy. after all when you sit in your car, you're not gonna enjoy how it looks like from outside. reason is simple: i am totally fed up waiting for arctic white swift and sunlight copper sx4 just because i stuck to colour. in spark all colors look good. any one must be able to blaze the road a bit! so just stop fighting, go with a colour your wife likes. that way you hit two birds with one stone - getting car fast, and enjoying it - and satisfying your wifes choices!
Old 18th June 2007, 20:59   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
EMD - congrats on the uva, i m gonna miss the uva, but its perhaps gonna be compensated by the pulling power of the swift for me. but you my dear friend arent going to be feeling bad at all with the uva. i wonder if you bought the ABS version or not? i just hope you did. its just added safety. damn maruti, theyve cut corners everywhere but the engine for the diesel. sheesh.
Hey GeekSrik just because you like the UVA only EMD gets congratulated??? and congrats to you too Geek

Thanks Gemi, Zoom, Finney, Sithon and Radek - congrats to you too..

And thanks to all the others.. Kamy, Geek, Moral and host of others who helped in this.

reg the colour for Spark... if you like red go for it as EMD says the big tail lights get camoflauged. I like the platinum metallic.Even icy blue was nice.

@ Sithon - so I guess I become a bhpian!! Thats cool. Nice forum and as me and EMD were discussing.. the best thing that has happened to us!!

Well watch out for the ownership reviews and stuff..
Old 19th June 2007, 00:44   #118
BHPian

Congrats Nimz. Pls post the ownership review for the Spark!!
Old 19th June 2007, 01:05   #119
BHPian

Nimz hope to see pics too of your new sparky Nice car...
Old 19th June 2007, 03:50   #120
BHPian

Congrats Nimz, EMD and Geek for your car selection.
So FIAT 1.6 lost the battle finally...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks