Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2007, 09:16   #121
BHPian

hmm, i dont think the 1.6 has lost. it has its own charm, just that it doesnt fit my requirements here.

@finneyp:: I know this seems absurd, but can i join the next Palio convoy to Nandi Hills in my UVA?

Maybe i will have to start one hour earlier so that i reach up there along with u guys!

-EMD
Old 19th June 2007, 10:03   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
Maybe i will have to start one hour earlier so that i reach up there along with u guys!
-EMD
Its not that bad man!!! Enjoy your car. and drive safe.
Old 19th June 2007, 10:19   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hmm, i dont think the 1.6 has lost. it has its own charm, just that it doesnt fit my requirements here.

@finneyp:: I know this seems absurd, but can i join the next Palio convoy to Nandi Hills in my UVA?

-EMD
EMD, you seem to peek into PUG!

Well, you are welcome to our Meets if you don't mind being the odd one out!
Then, we can rip your U-VA too!
Old 19th June 2007, 10:46   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Its not that bad man!!! Enjoy your car. and drive safe.
yup, i already planned to get the K&N air filter fixed on the car. Enquired on phone - it costs about 4.5K it seems.

The sales guy told me i'd get upto 4-5% of better FE and a peppier engine.

i think this is affordable indulgence. Not sure if i should get it done at the dealer itself or outside. Also dont know whether i should get it done rightaway or later (after the first service)
Old 19th June 2007, 14:22   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
finney, i am very much here. surprise surprise, i m taking delivery of my Swift Diesel in another 3 days yes you read right. swift diesel. i thought about this whole sx4/swift thingy a lot, one white sx4 and one ozone blue swift diesel. people at home wanted me to go for VFM at this point. so swift it was what i choose. saved 2 lacs, wont get abs/airbags, compromised on safety and will laugh to bank with cheap fuel (diesel). not to forget to mention, its after all a good old FIAT engine! which i appreciate a lot.
Aha - so you swung the swift diesel way eventually eh my friend? Congrats. I believe there is a Swift Vdi + ABS option too btw... and i also read about this in the swift diesel experience thread....

Btw i especially like the logic u put "its after all a good old FIAT engine".
Have fun mate and thanks again for the 3 TD reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Hey GeekSrik just because you like the UVA only EMD gets congratulated??? and congrats to you too Geek

Thanks Gemi, Zoom, Finney, Sithon and Radek - congrats to you too..

And thanks to all the others.. Kamy, Geek, Moral and host of others who helped in this.

reg the colour for Spark... if you like red go for it as EMD says the big tail lights get camoflauged. I like the platinum metallic.Even icy blue was nice.

@ Sithon - so I guess I become a bhpian!! Thats cool. Nice forum and as me and EMD were discussing.. the best thing that has happened to us!!

Well watch out for the ownership reviews and stuff..
Hey Nimz, i havent made my decision yet as i have yet to TD the U-va.

and yes - Excellent place to be - this forum.

Quote:
yup, i already planned to get the K&N air filter fixed on the car. Enquired on phone - it costs about 4.5K it seems.

The sales guy told me i'd get upto 4-5% of better FE and a peppier engine.

i think this is affordable indulgence. Not sure if i should get it done at the dealer itself or outside. Also dont know whether i should get it done rightaway or later (after the first service)
Hey EMD, so all set to go with K&N already eh? Have a check on this though - i have read that you would lose the warranty and you may want to wait. i'll let some of the T-BHP experts confirm here.

Slightly OT :
To all the blr dudes who were in the Test-driving, discussing and buying scene in these past few months , i say we all should definitely meet up with our vehicles along with others from T-BHP at some meet. Just a thought - lets get this idea going in next month in the meets section.
Oh - of course i need to get my vehicle too ... lol

Congrats to all and Thank you too!. I'm going to post my U-va findings in next few weeks for other potential buyers comparing these cars.
Old 19th June 2007, 15:46   #126
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sithon, I guess you are the only one left to finalize on the Car.

Since now we have Spark, U-VA and Swift D, for variety sake you go for the Palio Stile 1.6!
Old 19th June 2007, 15:50   #127
BHPian

finneyp. wish it was that easy!

Actually in my heart i want to .. but i will let the TD for U-va make a decision for my head.
But then i think it maybe palio 1.6 retro vs vs U-va or Swift VDI (price for vdi and top end u-va is almost same i believe).
Old 19th June 2007, 15:59   #128
Senior - BHPian

Yes, After all it is your hard earned money, think hard & decide!

However, when I was in your position, I listened to my heart and made one of the Best decisions in my life!
Old 19th June 2007, 16:41   #129
Senior - BHPian

but when you did decide fuel prices were quite low finney. now you have to listen to your mind more
Old 19th June 2007, 20:18   #130
BHPian

Offtopic:

@ EMD - not too sure about the K&N filter. There are other threads here which talk about the actual benefit of K&N filters and I guess you need to clarify that part about warranty.

I have heard people remove thier K&N when they give it for service and stuff so that the warranty does not become void. Maybe more experienced BHPiand can help out here.

Nimz
Old 22nd June 2007, 12:34   #131
BHPian

OTR in blr for U-VA and Spark?

So EMD and Nimz
When are you getting your vehicles? Hope to see a report in the owners section soon.
Btw, for benefit of all, could you please list the OTR for the U-VA and Spark, (err - for all variants if possible ) and any discounts/freebies that you are getting?
TIA dudes.
Old 22nd June 2007, 13:27   #132
Senior - BHPian

my vehicle is finally in tomorrow evening. ozone blue swift vdi. now for accessory hunting which is 50% complete and then i m done.
Old 22nd June 2007, 14:15   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithon View Post
So EMD and Nimz
When are you getting your vehicles? Hope to see a report in the owners section soon.
Btw, for benefit of all, could you please list the OTR for the U-VA and Spark, (err - for all variants if possible ) and any discounts/freebies that you are getting?
TIA dudes.
No discounts on the UVA and Spark. Selling like hot cakes so no one is really bothered.

Spark LS - 4.23 Lakhs onroad.

Others I need to get home and send it.

What you can alternatively do is gang up with a few like minded ppl and buy together at one dealer. IN that case you may get some discounts.. but again nothing great on these cars as of now. But something is always better than nothing wot say??
Old 22nd June 2007, 14:27   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
my vehicle is finally in tomorrow evening. ozone blue swift vdi. now for accessory hunting which is 50% complete and then i m done.
Finally, Sriky got his car after n threads, n posts and n months!

You owe a treat to all BHPians!
Old 22nd June 2007, 14:34   #135
BHPian

was it vdi vs u-va LT?

Thanks Nimz, do put in the u-va figures too when u can.
i wish i cud have joined u guys - but i have other (non-car) priorities to take care of at the moment. hmmm....

Hey Sriky - for the basis of this thread discussion, so were your choices finally between the u-va top end and the swift vdi?
I am assuming you went for a diesel finally since the u-va top end was costing around the same as swift vdi...
And yes - i guess the agony is put to rest by the fat aunty diesel eh? .
Enjoy mate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks