Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2007, 21:30   #76
BHPian

As far as I can comprehend from my experience thus far that Swift VXI is the best car among the lot. But what if my father cannot afford the extra 25-30,000; then the war is between U-VA 1.2 and Getz 1.1 (both base versions). Both of them are good family car with better space, interiors, and ride quality than Swift. Which one should I go for between them and why?
Old 5th August 2007, 10:12   #77
Team-BHP Support

Soumya

I think you have reached you conclusion so am closing thread. If there are any different suggestions, pm me to open it else this thread has now run it's course
Old 24th August 2007, 23:20   #78
BHPian

Finally my dad has settled for the Getz 1.1 GVS with the real earth color. I really don't like the car but have to respect his decision considering space, better interiors than swift and adequate power for city driving. It's costing 4,60,000 OTR price. I was pressing for the Swift VXI but my parents didn't like the looks of swift or it's interiors and space. They will not drive the car, so performance has little or no meaning to them . They want to enjoy the rear seat comfort and thrust me in the front seat .
Old 25th August 2007, 05:02   #79
BHPian

Getz is a nice car man. Pity they have increased the prices and reduced the power versions.
The car is really good and has nice interior quality and space than teh rest of its siblings
Old 25th August 2007, 12:01   #80
BHPian

since i am his son, if i press him too too hard, he can still go for the SWIFT VXI but do you guys think that's necessary or if Getz is a good enough car considering my parent's age and that they need comfort and boot space. Or will they regret later having not got a powerful engine of the Swift?
Old 25th August 2007, 14:33   #81
BHPian

getz is a nice car, performance can always be after market add on.
press your dealer for a bargain on accessories/price, play the british rule.
Old 25th August 2007, 16:06   #82
Senior - BHPian

Please test drive the car in realistic city conditions before you decide.The swift is actually pathetic in city traffic.Driving with more than 3 in the car,and ac on is the biggest pain on mother earth.

The car absolutely has no torque below 2000 rpm and refuses to move in 2nd.Drive in first gear and you face the annoying engine braking.

I am fed up with the swift even though I drive one.BUy the diesel.Turbo lag may kill you but the thrill afterthat......

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Regarding the Mileage swift I think it will give 11-12 in city.
Not easy,one needs to be patient with the car to get those kind of figures.Car needs more low end torque for city driving.

Last edited by binz : 25th August 2007 at 16:10.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks