Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2014, 20:50   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
Go for the New Club Class Manza Qjet EX or Vx. The car will surrprise you. I brought it a year back. 24Kms now..no problems , great drive and an absolute delight in every way!
I believe with the fun to drive quotient required manza may not be the best. It does have significant body roll but it will satisfy the space problem big time. The back seat is one of the best in the sub 10 lakh segment. You can take a look at the fiesta ambition. 8.29 lakh on road Delhi with Driver airbag and abs. An aftermarket ICE will cover most of the important features and 25.01 kpl will be good for the pocket too. Fords A.S.S. is wider than the fiat too. If you can increase the budget by 50k I think it would be a great option.

Last edited by ToyotaFan : 21st June 2014 at 20:52.
Old 21st June 2014, 23:44   #167
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which car to buy???

I seriously suggest increase your budget to around 20 lakhs. Save for a few months more, as you really don't get any good cars under 20 lakhs. In another 2-3 months time you will regret why you didn't save for a few months and ended up buying a smaller car.
Old 22nd June 2014, 00:48   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Hello All.

I currently drive a Hyundai Getz which is 5 yrs, 55000kms old and it serves as the sole family car.
The new car will replace the Getz and the requirements are as below in the following order...
Hiya!

If you're talking fun to drive in that segment, look no further than the T-Jet. It is the driver's car to go for at that price point, and it is packed with features aplenty. The Fiesta is obviously the other contender, but there's no way you'd get the top end at 10L since the facelifted Fiesta will be a diesel only proposition.

I'm not sure I'd shortlist the Ciaz. Maruti will be stacking it against the Verna and the City, and it won't be a pocket rocket. If anything, it'll be a comfortable urban commuter much like its competition. Still, since you have time wait and watch.

P.S: Don't go for a hatch, listen to your dad and get a sedan. You never know when the extra space will be handy.
Old 22nd June 2014, 10:15   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
Go for the New Club Class Manza Qjet EX or Vx. The car will surrprise you. I brought it a year back. 24Kms now..no problems , great drive and an absolute delight in every way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I believe with the fun to drive quotient required manza may not be the best. It does have significant body roll but it will satisfy the space problem big time. The back seat is one of the best in the sub 10 lakh segment.
The USP of all the Tata cars was, is and will always be the space. If space was my prime concern then, this would be in the contention. I'm not sure it'll be fun-to-drive though!
Will test drive since you've suggested it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
You can take a look at the fiesta ambition. 8.29 lakh on road Delhi with Driver airbag and abs. An aftermarket ICE will cover most of the important features and 25.01 kpl will be good for the pocket too. Fords A.S.S. is wider than the fiat too. If you can increase the budget by 50k I think it would be a great option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
The Fiesta is obviously the other contender, but there's no way you'd get the top end at 10L since the facelifted Fiesta will be a diesel only proposition.
The Fiesta is sure a top contender now, especially after reading the review. The sad part is Ford not offering the Ecoboost on the Fiesta. The Trend variant is within reach now, lets see if i can extend the budget for the Titanium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
I seriously suggest increase your budget to around 20 lakhs. Save for a few months more, as you really don't get any good cars under 20 lakhs. In another 2-3 months time you will regret why you didn't save for a few months and ended up buying a smaller car.
Increasing the budget by a couple of lakhs is possible but definitely not 20L buddy. In my view, the perfect car for my needs is the Jetta which can only be a dream for now. Someday, for sure!

Quote:
If you're talking fun to drive in that segment, look no further than the T-Jet. It is the driver's car to go for at that price point, and it is packed with features aplenty.
Couldn't agree more!!!

Quote:
I'm not sure I'd shortlist the Ciaz. Maruti will be stacking it against the Verna and the City, and it won't be a pocket rocket. If anything, it'll be a comfortable urban commuter much like its competition. Still, since you have time wait and watch.
I completely agree with you. As i've already mentioned, this will be a worthy rival to City. The time period for me to buy a car is within the next 4 months. Lets see if Maruti'll launch it by then and if i decide to buy it, can allot a car for me within that time (knowing Maruti and the demand, highly unlikely).

Quote:
P.S: Don't go for a hatch, listen to your dad and get a sedan. You never know when the extra space will be handy.
Ahh! My dad'll be so happy reading this statement of yours!!!
The reason i want a hatch is because, 75% of the times it's dad, who'll be driving the car. Driving in chock-a-block, traffic infested Bangalore roads, i think it'll be a little too much for dad to manage a big car. But i get your point! Lets see, as of now, the odds are against me (Fiesta/Linea vs Swift)!!!

PS: When are the new i20 and Jazz coming out???

Last edited by Porschefire : 22nd June 2014 at 10:17.
Old 22nd June 2014, 10:22   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Increasing the budget by a couple of lakhs is possible but definitely not 20L buddy. In my view, the perfect car for my needs is the Jetta which can only be a dream for now. Someday, for sure!
You already agree that Jetta is your choice and all other cars are compromise. You would agree that cars under 15 lakhs are cheap models and lack the features, engine, and the combination. They are either a boot job, or loaded with features but have a dated naturally aspirated engine. Some models call themselves SUV's but are an imposter, a Logan made to look like a crossover without 4*4 with outdated engines and wierdly placed power window switches.

In a nutshell anything below 20 lakhs is a compromise. So my suggestion would be, just buy a second hand Alto for now. Drive it for a few years. You never know in life, 10 years later you maybe buying a Jetta. In the meantime Alto would be something that suits your budget without stretching and you wont loose money 10 years from now when you sell it to buy a Jetta.
Old 22nd June 2014, 10:41   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ahh! My dad'll be so happy reading this statement of yours!!!
The reason i want a hatch is because, 75% of the times it's dad, who'll be driving the car. Driving in chock-a-block, traffic infested Bangalore roads, i think it'll be a little too much for dad to manage a big car. But i get your point! Lets see, as of now, the odds are against me (Fiesta/Linea vs Swift)!!!
I'm not sure coming to grips will be that big an issue. When I moved from a Palio to a City, I felt much the same way but came to terms with it in a few days. I again felt that the increase in size would be scary when I moved from the City to the Jetta, but again it only took a few days to readjust my bearings. The only time I wish I had a hatchback was when i'm hunting for parking

Quote:
PS: When are the new i20 and Jazz coming out???
The Jazz will be launched in Indonesia by August, so it should be here at most by year end or early 2015. The i20 facelift too should be here by November and if not then by early 2015 for sure. Again though, neither of these cars will be truly fun to drive. The Jazz (going by past avatars) will be slightly better in this regard, but not truly fun to drive.

The rumor mill has it that Fiat is mulling over a Punto Abarth. If priced right, it could be perfect for you! The size of a hatchback, the engine of a T-Jet, that would be a tasty proposition. What do you make of Fiat's upcoming Avventura? That too will be a fun to drive car since it has FIAT DNA and it should fit most of your requirements too.
Old 22nd June 2014, 10:48   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
You already agree that Jetta is your choice and all other cars are compromise. You would agree that cars under 15 lakhs are cheap models and lack the features, engine, and the combination. They are either a boot job, or loaded with features but have a dated naturally aspirated engine. Some models call themselves SUV's but are an imposter, a Logan made to look like a crossover without 4*4 with outdated engines and wierdly placed power window switches.

In a nutshell anything below 20 lakhs is a compromise. So my suggestion would be, just buy a second hand Alto for now. Drive it for a few years. You never know in life, 10 years later you maybe buying a Jetta. In the meantime Alto would be something that suits your budget without stretching and you wont loose money 10 years from now when you sell it to buy a Jetta.
Aseem, just to let you know, most of the "cheap" cars under 15L are also global products selling well in different parts of the world. Not everyone's fortunate enough like you to own a 20L car in India mate. Request you to stop generalizing your statements. Jetta would've be my choice if i had 20L to spend on a car. So fyi, i've not even made an effort to include cars that are beyond 12L.
And thanks a lot for your "valuable" suggestion of a 'second hand Alto'!!! I'm not sure if i can afford it with my 10L budget though!
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 11:02   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aseem, just to let you know, most of the "cheap" cars under 15L are also global products selling well in different parts of the world. Not everyone's fortunate enough like you to own a 20L car in India mate. Request you to stop generalizing your statements. Jetta would've be my choice if i had 20L to spend on a car. So fyi, i've not even made an effort to include cars that are beyond 12L.
And thanks a lot for your "valuable" suggestion of a 'second hand Alto'!!! I'm not sure if i can afford it with my 10L budget though!
Porchefire my intention was not to offend you so at the onset please accept my apologies if you felt offended by my statement. My statement was aimed at the fact that all cars under 20 lakhs have some form of compromise. I disagree that they are global products. They are strip down versions of their global counterparts why puny engines or cost cutting in other areas. My suggestion was that save up a bit and then buy something that appeals to you. Whats the point of buying something that you are not happy with to begin with.

Of the choices you have, if resale & rear seat comfort is not big on your agenda, then buy Ford Fiesta (new one) and it will bring a smile to your face everytime you drive it.
aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 11:48   #174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Fiesta fits in your budget I guess. You can look at the mid level trim if you have a hard budget of 10L or the Titanium if you can stretch to 11.5lakhs.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks