Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2012, 08:35   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Which car to buy???

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
Would appreciate if you can help guide me to the possible options and the right variant within the proposed option where you think one gets the best deal.
A petrol should be good for you. Also are you OK with the looks of Ritz. If yes,
I think thats the best VFM from a size and practicality point of view.
It should give you very good mileage and will have enough space to carry 4 adults. It also gives a commanding view of the road.
(And not to forget Maruti network)

Look the mid level trim and you should be good to go.
Old 17th October 2012, 08:39   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
A petrol should be good for you. Also are you OK with the looks of Ritz. If yes,
I think thats the best VFM from a size and practicality point of view.
It should give you very good mileage and will have enough space to carry 4 adults. It also gives a commanding view of the road.
(And not to forget Maruti network)

Look the mid level trim and you should be good to go.
Thanks Amp for your reply. What would be your number 2 and 3 options if any after Ritz?
Old 17th October 2012, 08:46   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Amp for your reply. What would be your number 2 and 3 options if any after Ritz?
Another option is WagonR. Very practical (but engine is a 1L compared to 1.2 of Ritz).

If you need more comfort I20 is a good option with a range of trims to look at.
(And since I mentioned I20, do you also want to look at Jazz ? )

I did not want to suggest them to you as you initially mentioned price points being a constraint.
Old 17th October 2012, 08:53   #49
Senior - BHPian

If you can afford the Jazz, it would be the perfect car to replace the Ikon and barring off road/bad road use, the Safari as well.

However, if you want a smaller car still, the maruti's are good in this field. Decent mileage, cheap to maintain, ease of use in the city. Ritz, A*, Zen, Waggie and slightly smaller still K10, new alto, though for 4+2 these might be a bit cramped unless they are short trips. Hyundai i10 and Honda Brio are also good options in this category.

P.S @xbox360: any small cars generally tend to be narrow in build, which makes 4+2 difficult to fit except for short trips. I understand from your following post that budget for the Jazz would be an issue. If the small car will not be used for any long drives with 4+2 then even the Alto will work for you.

Last edited by pganapathy : 17th October 2012 at 09:09.
Old 17th October 2012, 09:00   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Another option is WagonR. Very practical (but engine is a 1L compared to 1.2 of Ritz).

If you need more comfort I20 is a good option with a range of trims to look at.
(And since I mentioned I20, do you also want to look at Jazz ? )

I did not want to suggest them to you as you initially mentioned price points being a constraint.
You are right Amp, i do consider I20 and Jazz as premium and you are correct that these may not suit my allocated budge towards this purchase.

The intent of me asking this question was to see if you consider Figo/i10/Eon/?? as a close second or third? And whether you would consider any of these options as better on the 'built to last' and 'niggle free' scale.
Old 17th October 2012, 09:47   #51
BHPian

If your budget supports Honda City can be considered as your replacement to Ford Ikon. It is very dependable and I feel it has better resale value in the petol cars. And coming to dependability and mileage, it is a Honda.

Alternatively you can also think about any of the Maruti products like Swift or Dzire too.
Old 17th October 2012, 10:50   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The intent of me asking this question was to see if you consider Figo/i10/Eon/?? as a close second or third? And whether you would consider any of these options
as better on the 'built to last' and 'niggle free' scale.
i10 is roomy and nice for city. Not sure for highways. I have an i10 AT and I felt drive was bit bumpy and steeting was light (for highways).
For city its very good and the Kappa2 engine is the most refined of the lot.

Figo is a very good package. But not sure how the 1.2 petrol engine compares against the K12 of Maruti. Hence I did not suggest the Figo petrol.

Ford also claims that their spares parts for Figo are comparable to Maruti. But their labour costs are high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post
Alternatively you can also think about any of the Maruti products like Swift or Dzire too.
The Dzire is a very good option too. You also get a boot!
Old 20th May 2013, 01:24   #53
BHPian

Hello...I have relocated to Dubai. Wanted all the advise and suggestions I can get. Which car to buy ? Rather which is the vehicle to buy ? Spoilt for choice and the range is plenty. My first question is, CAR or SUV.? I am more concerned about Safety and my family is the 3 of us, my wife , my 4 yr old daughter and me. As usual occasional visit ( 2 visits of a year) by in laws and parents. Are SUVs as comfortable as CARs? I have narrowed down to a few Cars and SUVs. The list is as follows.

SUV: CARS:

Porsche Cayenne. Audi A6
Audi Q 7. Toyota Avalon
Toyota Prado. BMW 5
Toyota Land Cruiser. LEXUS ES 350 / 250
BMW X5.
LEXUS
Old 20th May 2013, 06:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajanvr View Post
Hello...I have relocated to Dubai. Wanted all the advise and suggestions I can get. Which car to buy ? Rather which is the vehicle to buy ? Spoilt for choice and the range is plenty. My first question is, CAR or SUV.? I am more concerned about Safety and my family is the 3 of us, my wife , my 4 yr old daughter and me. As usual occasional visit ( 2 visits of a year) by in laws and parents. Are SUVs as comfortable as CARs? I have narrowed down to a few Cars and SUVs. The list is as follows.

SUV: CARS:

Porsche Cayenne. Audi A6
Audi Q 7. Toyota Avalon
Toyota Prado. BMW 5
Toyota Land Cruiser. LEXUS ES 350 / 250
BMW X5.
LEXUS
On those big wide roads and considering the nice price of petrol, you might as well buy something that you like. A nice big SUV is much more spacious than a car and will fit the whole family in comfort along with luggage. SUV's haven't yet become hated objects in the UAE so you could certainly buy one while there. If I were you I would buy European so BMW X5, Volvo XC90, Audi Q7, Porsche Cayenne, VW Touareg etc would certainly be up there on my list. Considering you can buy and own and enjoy a to class European vehicle while you are there, you might as well do so...
shankar.balan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 12:14   #55
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

In Dubai the traffic really gets to you and one still needs to observe lane discipline or be heavily fined or worse. One is never going to really squeeze between two cars, but it helps to keep the mood up if one can see above the vehicle in front rather than stare down at the exhaust of the SUV in front of one while seated in a low seated vehicle.

On has to follow speeds limits which are quite tight so one never really used the top speed / higher speed capability of the cars.

Suggest you get yourself a LARGE SUV. Since Fuel price is not really the biggest problem a large engine would be good to have. Land Cruiser, BMW X5, Land Rover, Mercedes GL, Audi Q7 are options that come to mind.

GL or X5 is what I would consider.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2013, 01:25   #56
BHPian

Finalists or rather almost made up my mind for the Audi Q7.
Old 1st June 2013, 08:47   #57
BHPian

Booked the Audi Q7 Luxury Line with all features. 3 lts 333 BHP supercharged engine.
Old 1st June 2013, 12:47   #58
BHPian

Hey, many congratulations to you drrajanvr. The Q7 is a beast!. Do post the review once you get your car. Wishing you happy miles.
Cheers!
Old 1st June 2013, 14:02   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajanvr View Post
Booked the Audi Q7 Luxury Line with all features. 3 lts 333 BHP supercharged engine.
Good show! Now you have (albeit in Dubai), joined the echelons of the big celebrities, actors, actresses and tycoons of India for all of whom the Audi Q7 is the preferred vehicle!

Enjoy!
shankar.balan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 21:21   #60
BHPian

Sure will post pics and keep you all updated .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks