Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2012, 14:30   #106
BHPian

Re: Is a FIAT worth it ? With regard to the after sales service and customer care

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post

4) You may not have had issues, but fiat as a whole, needs to pull up its socks wrt service. I am facing huge issues finding parts for my 2 palio s10's, while my friends santro/maruti/etc of similar vintage have no issues. (eg- im waiting since 3 weeks for a timing belt tensioner for my Palio s10, even after requesting several different sources)

5) Please man! Post something valid! what you have just stated makes absolutely no sense! And just ask palio owners, even if you want to retain the car forever, FIAT will do all it can to ensure you cant keep it (read spares, service, etc)

Btw, i spotted these vehicles for sale, aren't these puntos?

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-used/Fiat/Punto/

Used Cars - Search used cars available for sale in India - CarWale

That's 30+ puntos for sale, just with a casual 2 min search. So please be more careful when you make such statements.
I thought you took more care than me to post the details, first of all we were talking of Punto's, and you pulled S10s in the discussion which is not fare.
Second, we were talking Diesel cars, from your own findings, The team BHP Classified has 13 Puntos out of which 9 are Petrol varient, and from Carwale search out of 17 Puntos, 12 are Petrol varient. Well Punto with a petrol engine and Punto with a Diesel engine are two different rides from the word go, so no comparison. And I am sure if you go in details search atleast in Team BHP Classified, the 4 car listed may not be on sale for issues with them(may be the owners are upgrading to Linea). I wish you have a great time ahead with your i20, but don't pass on comments on a quality of a car due to after sales support, have a good day.
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 14:39   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is a FIAT worth it ? With regard to the after sales service and customer care

5) Better resale Those who own Punto, never intend to sale it

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
I thought you took more care than me to post the details, first of all we were talking of Punto's, and you pulled S10s in the discussion which is not fare.
Second, we were talking Diesel cars, from your own findings, The team BHP Classified has 13 Puntos out of which 9 are Petrol varient, and from Carwale search out of 17 Puntos, 12 are Petrol varient. Well Punto with a petrol engine and Punto with a Diesel engine are two different rides from the word go, so no comparison. And I am sure if you go in details search atleast in Team BHP Classified, the 4 car listed may not be on sale for issues with them(may be the owners are upgrading to Linea). I wish you have a great time ahead with your i20, but don't pass on comments on a quality of a car due to after sales support, have a good day.

Again, you should read through your own post again. You never mentioned tha only diesel punto owners will never sell. And according to your second point, there should be zero punto diesels for sale, but that is not the case. Anyways, this discussion is turning completely pointless, just like any fiat thread when someone posts something negative. so lets leave it at that.

Again, the thread is about After sales issues with FIAT, not Punto. So my S10 woes are perfectly in line here. Am i happy with fiat A.S.S- Hell NO.
Do i like the car- yes. Simple.

Good day to you too.

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th February 2012 at 15:22. Reason: incorrect quote tag
Old 17th February 2012, 15:08   #108
Senior - BHPian

Answering the original question by the starter of this thread.

Just go for it. I had my reservations about buying a Fiat. I now own a Fiat and am loving every bit of the car. The car may not satisfy anyone if you look too close at somethings. If you can ignore them, good. On the overall, the car is built well and feels more taut than anything in its segment.

My previous car was a Ford. I never had to wait for a spare for the Ford but I believe I will have to, if something critical fails on my Fiat. My car is still new and it is too early for me to comment on quality of service.

I did visit the service station once to have something checked on my car. It was a Saturday and it was chaos at Prerana (TATA Fiat Authorized). It took a good half an hour before I got attended. This was no different when I went to Ford on a Saturday, considered the busiest day, and that too after having a good relationship with them.
Old 17th February 2012, 23:37   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon
Sorry to disagree, Punto does not share platform with Vista/ Manza; Manza shares the same assembly with Linea. But can't compare a Vista with a Punto just because they have same engine, just try Vista's clutch and Punto's, I bet you will never get inside a vista again. Punto, Vista and swift use same multijet engine but still there is a BHP and Torque difference in them, Punto has higher numbers in both. And if you say Punto is overpriced and how will you justify i20 Price?
Totally agree. But I am taking about typical indian buyer. Umpteen number of my friends say why should I buy punto when manza is around same prize range. We bhpians for sure will differentiate between Vista and Punto. My friend went tata showroom and sales man too says "sir, why you want small car when you gey big manza" IMHO Fiat should go for exclusive showroom way.

i20 is over priced for sure but due to establish brand Hyundai is milking customers.But Fiat is still struggling to over come thier mistake of Palio Era. So if Fiat had priced Punto little more competitive, they would have got lot more customers for sure

Updated from team-bhp mobile app
Old 18th February 2012, 13:15   #110
BHPian

Note from Mod : This topic has been discussed enough on this thread (and several others). We're just going around in circles here. Thread closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Hi,
The new Punto and Linea are now coming with enhanced ground clearence of about 193 mm and 185 mm respectively. How far the improved ground clearence is helpful in handling bad roads. Will the Linea be able to handle bad roads as well as the SX4 does. Can the ground clearence of the linea be still increased by changing to wider spec or higher profile tyres. Please clarify.
Not sure about the Linea but test drove the new Punto with a GC of 185 mm (only the 1.2 Petrol model of Punto has 193mm). Drove it on a section of the road which is pure SUV/SX4 territory and the Punto was able to handle it with aplomb . Even with the raised suspension ride and handling were good.

Last edited by GTO : 18th February 2012 at 14:32. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks