Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2008, 13:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

I suggest ZEN since you own Swift.

Buy Palio If you need fun to drive strong car!

I own Innova and wanted small Hatch for multiple reasons. Short listed only Matiz and ZEN after complete research, picked up Matiz for 60% of what I had to pay for similar ZEN.

I chose Matiz over ZEN because I somehow not comfortable with ZEN since I didn't like seating position and Space inside.

Both have similar and excellant ride/suspension among small cars, similar FE, few spare parts matching as well.

I know its too risky to buy Matiz but I do take high risk decisions sometime!

In your case I suggest ZEN because Palio is similar to Swift and once you drive Palio you will start hating Swift. 1.6 GTZ is true driver's car with excellant space and ride quality.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 21st June 2008, 14:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

A 1yr old Santro will be the best buy for under 3 lacs.

Its the easiest car to drive around, parking is a breeze and after sales service is good.
Old 21st June 2008, 15:30   #18
BHPian

Ok thanks for your views,still i can't decide, i want best of zen and palio.Any car like that???
Old 21st June 2008, 16:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

what will be your exact application? are you just looking for a fun drive or modifications or just a daily commuter or will a lady be driving it, how long do u intend to keep the car, please give some details.
Old 21st June 2008, 18:49   #20
bkm
BHPian

Get the base model of Spark . Enzoy the three years free Maintenance . It is a extremely good value at the offered price. Know from the satisfied owners.
Old 21st June 2008, 18:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
what will be your exact application? are you just looking for a fun drive or modifications or just a daily commuter or will a lady be driving it, how long do u intend to keep the car, please give some details.
Im looking for a car which can deliver good driving pleasure and i want to modify the car.No lady will be driving,only me and my brother.Ill probably keep the car for a year and a half or so till i move to a bigger car.Im looking at resale value also!
Old 21st June 2008, 20:40   #22
BANNED

go for zen it will be best option . as it can be modified and will give you good resale also.
Old 21st June 2008, 21:00   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Im looking for a car which can deliver good driving pleasure and i want to modify the car.No lady will be driving,only me and my brother.Ill probably keep the car for a year and a half or so till i move to a bigger car.Im looking at resale value also!
thats seems be a very short span. and yes if you want to modify it too then ZEN/Esteem will prove to be a good car, considering the resale values too.
palio 1.6 will be a sure driving pleasure and a good car to modify but yes u will not get the resale value.

but my equation goes Palio @ 2.5-2.7 lacs + modds + driving pleasure + saftey+ space - resale value @ say 2.2 - 2.0 lacs = good car to keep for 1 year.
Old 21st June 2008, 23:17   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
thats seems be a very short span. and yes if you want to modify it too then ZEN/Esteem will prove to be a good car, considering the resale values too.
palio 1.6 will be a sure driving pleasure and a good car to modify but yes u will not get the resale value.

but my equation goes Palio @ 2.5-2.7 lacs + modds + driving pleasure + saftey+ space - resale value @ say 2.2 - 2.0 lacs = good car to keep for 1 year.
Since you are looking for fun to drive car, Palio 1.6 makes sense, as i suggested earlier.

However, I'm not sure of the resale value. Its already low (which works in your favour when you are buying the car) and might drop if the palio is replaced in 2009.
Old 22nd June 2008, 20:21   #25
BHPian

Why dont you try a Contessa Classic. It comes with a diesel heart too!

Last edited by GTO : 24th June 2008 at 15:05. Reason: Please take the effort to type out in full and proper english. Also, please avoid FULL CAPS.
adityabenz is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd June 2008, 20:45   #26
BHPian

NO WAY!!!!!Baji are you out of your mind?? freak! :-)
Old 24th June 2008, 11:50   #27
BHPian

i too am looking for a 2nd hand car in pune

My budget is 1 to 2.5l

I am confused between a palio or zen.

This is my first car. I want to have a car that is fun to drive and is safe. also i want a car that i dont have to take to the workshop every other day. FE is something that depends on the initial price of the car. I dont have too much experience driving cars on indian roads though i have driven extensively abroad and i use a bike to commute daily now. My daily travel will be approx 30 km (Both City and highway) in pune.
Can anybody suggest a good car for me and an honest dealer in pune. :-)
Old 24th June 2008, 12:14   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
i too am looking for a 2nd hand car in pune

My budget is 1 to 2.5l

I am confused between a palio or zen.

This is my first car. I want to have a car that is fun to drive and is safe. also i want a car that i dont have to take to the workshop every other day. FE is something that depends on the initial price of the car. I dont have too much experience driving cars on indian roads though i have driven extensively abroad and i use a bike to commute daily now. My daily travel will be approx 30 km (Both City and highway) in pune.
Can anybody suggest a good car for me and an honest dealer in pune. :-)
go for zen you will never be dissapointed as it is as cheap to maintain as a bike and has nice fe
Old 25th June 2008, 11:33   #29
BHPian

hey
I too am looking for a similar thing

I have a budget of 1.5 to 2 lakhs

My choice is between a Zen and a Palio

I travel 30 KM everyday on both highway and city traffic. safety is the major concern here. Also would like a good performer.

Lastly would someone please tell me if they know of any trustworthy dealers here in Pune
Old 25th June 2008, 11:49   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
go for zen you will never be dissapointed as it is as cheap to maintain as a bike and has nice fe
hey thanks for the reply.
I too agree with you about the zen. But i dont hear anything about the safety of the car. That is my major concern. is the car safe on highways and city in case of accidents.

Another thing i see is that I can get a palio at a better rate than a Zen (Same yr and KM CarWale Evaluation). Now does a 2nd hand palio give constant maintainence or something?? Or is it not worth going for the palio because the money I save on the buy will be spent on petrol and maintaniance in one year? Please Advice.

Anybody know a decent car dealer in pune. I am not an expert in the paperwork needed and things like that. The TeamBhp advise page really helped. But if someone could refer me to a dealer that is trustworthy then it would be really helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks