Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2012, 11:37   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Which second hand car for 2-3 lakhs?

I am planning to buy my first car. My dad suggested that I go in for the Alto K10 but I am inclined towards a pre-owned car. The reasons are:

- Lack of parking space. The car has to lie outside in front of my rented house. It will pinch to see a new car lying outside.

- I can get a better loaded, higher powered car for a similar price or lower.

My requirements:

- My monthly running is about 1000 kms which i plan to distribute between my bike and the car. So running for the car would be around 500kms p.m.

- Very low cost of ownership and decent FE.

- I enjoy driving. So would love to own a driver's car but that is not high priority.

- Budget ranging from 1.5-4L INR.

Now my shortlists are:

- Wagon R
- Santro
- i10
- Swift
- Ritz

or

- OHC/NHC
- Accent(i like the big car feel of this vehicle)
- Baleno

or

- Alto K10/Alto

or

- A Swift/Figo diesel in good condition. In this case I will fully use the car(1k kms p.m approx)
Old 13th June 2012, 12:11   #47
BHPian

I would suggest Swift 1.3 ZXI for its

- Easy maintainance
- Safety features like ABS, EBD and airbags.
- Best handler in its class
- Mod friendly
Old 16th June 2012, 00:39   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I am planning to buy my first car. My dad suggested that I go in for the Alto K10 but I am inclined towards a pre-owned car. The reasons are:
out of what you have shortlisted, following cars will give you driving pleasure:

1. new Alto K10 (i would suggest you to go with this - most reliable because it would be new)
2. OHC, or specifically OHC Vtec. extremely difficult to find one in good condition for cheap but unmatched driving pleasure. NHC is not a driver's car at all.
3. Lancer. would require a lot of attention and money to put it in shape but available for very cheap in used car market. under 2 Lac (purchase cost + repairs), you'd have a nicely done car.
4. Swift Petrol.
5. Baleno. Very good car, but very expensive spares (because they are Suzuki Genuine Parts, and not Maruti Genuine Parts)
6. Swift Diesel/Figo Diesel - It is almost impossible to find a used Swift Diesel/Figo Diesel for 4 Lac. If you find one, it might have already done a mileage close to 1.5-2.0 lac KMs.
Old 16th June 2012, 01:01   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
- Budget ranging from 1.5-4L INR.

Now my shortlists are:
- Wagon R
- Santro
- i10
- Swift
- Ritz
or
- OHC/NHC
- Accent(i like the big car feel of this vehicle)
- Baleno
or
- Alto K10/Alto
or
A Swift/Figo diesel in good condition. In this case I will fully use the car(1k kms p.m approx)
I would suggest go for a New Wagon-R or i10, do not go in for a second hand sedan, what’s the point as you have mentioned parking space is an issue. The most airy and spacious of the small car lot is the Wagon-R. If Budget permits then go for a New Ritz or Swift Diesel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks