Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2008, 07:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Except for the Interiors and A.S.S, MJD scores in all segment. If you are frequantly on highway, then its all the way to MJD. Especially with this rising cost of petrol.
Old 7th August 2008, 10:41   #32
BHPian

Thanks everyone for valuable inputs........
Though i am looking for highway trips only for me and my wife. Maybe few times, others will join us and thats what detering me from i10.

Any good reliable dealer of Fiat in Delhi. The one i visited last weekend for test drive (A one automobiles) in kirti nagar/moti nagar gave a customer car to me for test drive.
Old 7th August 2008, 12:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Vivek Auto (mathura road, karol bagh) used to have a test drive car (SD version) when I bought mine. You can also try Sanya Motors (under Defence Colony flyover). I took test drives from both. Vuvek Auto got the car to my office for test drive. Contact Sandeep at Vivek Auto, MAthura Road and give him my reference (don't mention "architect", PM me for details and any queries).

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeps79 View Post
Thanks everyone for valuable inputs........
Though i am looking for highway trips only for me and my wife. Maybe few times, others will join us and thats what detering me from i10.

Any good reliable dealer of Fiat in Delhi. The one i visited last weekend for test drive (A one automobiles) in kirti nagar/moti nagar gave a customer car to me for test drive.
Old 7th August 2008, 15:45   #34
BHPian

Thanks Architect, will surely PM you for more details if required

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Vivek Auto (mathura road, karol bagh) used to have a test drive car (SD version) when I bought mine. You can also try Sanya Motors (under Defence Colony flyover). I took test drives from both. Vuvek Auto got the car to my office for test drive. Contact Sandeep at Vivek Auto, MAthura Road and give him my reference (don't mention "architect", PM me for details and any queries).
Old 8th August 2008, 14:25   #35
BHPian

any MJD owners from hyderabad here? if yes, can you give me reference to any sales person/dealership where you have had a good deal?

there are only 3 main dealers anyway (with multiple showrooms) and i am in talks with Autofin (Paradise branch). I also had a chat at Malik Cars (Banjara Hills branch) when I went there to take a look at the Fiat 500 (Awesome!!!!). Yet to visit Concorde.

if anyone can give a reference at any of these places, it would be great!
Old 17th August 2008, 11:13   #36

Similar question

Im faced with a similar situation. I liked MJD as well as Kappa. (TDed a few cars in the last few weeks: Swift lxi, Spark, Getz 1.1 (no 1.3 TD), Verna (just for the feel), Palio MJD, Indica (GDS). I will be driving ~1-1.2 K km pmo, with 2 adult passengers on weekends, some weekend lang drives, FE >12 kmph, want driving comfort and enjoyment.
OTR prices: Magna So ~ 4.7, Sportz So ~5L, ASTA ~5.7L; + 33 for SR + 50 for AT (any model). Palio: Sdx ~5.7L. Spark LS ~3.7.
I want to go for Palio, is it worth it given *** quality, low re-sale value? I can bear with the interiors and I like the looks, build, engine, comfort.
i10 seems a bit costly even for Magna, Im not convinced of durability. Is AT durable/efficient? Otherwise it is loaded!
Spark engine seemed quite refined (I didnt expect it), has good looks. Space interiors are just ok (felt uncomfortable while driving though due to space). The price seems VFM.
-Vardhan
Old 17th August 2008, 23:39   #37
BHPian

haha! almost reads like my dilemma! one of the major reasons why i ruled out i10 was that it was not spacious, esp after driving in midst of acres of space in my indica. otherwise i10's a good car, tho a little too costly for its size/segment.

as on today Palio SDX looks like a certainty for me...but still I am open to good suggestions and last minute change of plans.

I have decided to test the Indigo CS TDI. I had tested the CS Dicor when I had TD'ed the Palio and found the CS wanting in everything, compared to SDX. but many people told me that Tata's TDI engine is much better than their Dicor. I have to test it first hand.

another car in the remotest corner of my mind is Swift ZXI (petrol), tho its my last choice due to its lower FE.
Old 25th August 2008, 21:42   #38
BHPian

It's MJD all the way. As someone on this thread has already mentioned, you can use the money you save using the MJD on some nice ICE & do up the seats like a true car fanatic.

BTW have you checked out the Mint white MJD....surely stands out from the crowd
Old 26th August 2008, 20:35   #39
BHPian

*sighhhh* :(

MJD is out of question now. I've almost decided on Vista Quadrajet.
Old 3rd September 2008, 11:51   #40
BHPian

...and I have finally booked the Quadrajet Aura yesterday cheers:

expecting delivery earliest by 10th and latest by 17th
Old 3rd September 2008, 14:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

Lovely. I was about to post that this thread needs to be closed now

Congrats. My DDiS with ABS should be with me by the same time. Touch woood!
Old 3rd September 2008, 15:05   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
haha! almost reads like my dilemma! one of the major reasons why i ruled out i10 was that it was not spacious, esp after driving in midst of acres of space in my indica. otherwise i10's a good car, tho a little too costly for its size/segment.

as on today Palio SDX looks like a certainty for me...but still I am open to good suggestions and last minute change of plans.

I have decided to test the Indigo CS TDI. I had tested the CS Dicor when I had TD'ed the Palio and found the CS wanting in everything, compared to SDX. but many people told me that Tata's TDI engine is much better than their Dicor. I have to test it first hand.

another car in the remotest corner of my mind is Swift ZXI (petrol), tho its my last choice due to its lower FE.
I agree that i10 is not good in space compared to other premium hatchbacks. I felt the interiors cramped after using my Getz. If space is a major criteria, go for Palio or Getz.

Palio is a great car, but after sales is not as good as Maruti or Hyundai. Swift ZXI is a good choice if you can live with the rattling and space (better than i10).

It is not possible to get a perfect car - prioritize your requirements, test drive and go for the best one. All the Best!!

Quote:

Congrats, great choice. you can ignore my post above.

Waiting for pictures and ownership report.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 3rd September 2008 at 15:07.
Old 3rd September 2008, 19:24   #43
BHPian

CtrlAltDel/Phamilyman,congrats on your respective purchases! Looking forward to detailed reviews from you guys. Having read your previous posts/threads,I can be sure that the users in the forum would be benefitted by your unbiased comments.
Old 9th September 2008, 18:36   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on your purchase. Which colour is it ? Also where did you book it from ?
Hope you do get your car by tomorrow.
Old 11th September 2008, 18:25   #45
Senior - BHPian

Sir, tenth aa ke chali gayi. waise i am stillll waiting.

that said, have seen atleast six new palio multijets on the expressway in the last week. While general junta may scoff, I think its a good sign for palio!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks