Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2008, 17:51   #16
BHPian

@prateek - some 5-d00r aveo pics for you :-)

old-gen one.. love the colour.. sadly the velocity-blue colour has been discontinued in the u-va here...

@crn12 - don't think gm will competely disintegrate... they might be overtaken by some other biggie.... let's see... though i don't think that should stop anyone from buying a cheverolet!!

@ak - thanks for the generous reply!! i am looking for the base model and will pay 7.5k for gm authorised power windows and otr will be around 4.2 as aseems said.. that is IF i buy the u-va!!
i just require a good looking car which is moderately sporty... i would make it a driver's car after a year, with Koni suspension, FFE, Green Cotton filter, et al!!!

@nanopano - are u sure they were talkin about the old gen aveo uva which sells here or the Aveo5??

guys another important question.. should i wait for the next-gen aveo5?? it has been launched all over, but is it likely to come soon?? because it's definitely worth waiting for... but then again, the price will overshoot me completely then! :/
Old 4th December 2008, 18:55   #17
BHPian

U-VA sure looks good. I think all chevy cars give a manly look. The curves in chevy cars give a tough look, unlike other manufacturers who have curves which looks girlish and give a sexy look.
Old 4th December 2008, 19:18   #18
i10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanopano View Post
I don't think so I need to explain how good Chevrolet Aveo U-VA is. Today only I read somewhere that an international organziation that conducts various kinds of surveys on car industry has ranked the Aveo U-VA as number 'One' under premium compact car segment.
I think you are referring to the survey on 'reliability' in which U-VA and Spark were ranked the best in their segments based on the number of complaints per 100.
Old 4th December 2008, 21:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenik View Post
guys another important question.. should i wait for the next-gen aveo5?? it has been launched all over, but is it likely to come soon?? because it's definitely worth waiting for... but then again, the price will overshoot me completely then! :/
Given GM's current situation and recent small-car (expected)launches, I do not think the new U-VA will come to India anytime soon.
Old 4th December 2008, 21:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

I have been owning UV-A LS Model since one year. Performance as pointed out here is sluggish when you put on AC while on move. Sluggishness is felt in every car when you put on AC in movement. But in UV-A you will feel it more.

Cabin space is amazing large compared to other Hatchbacks. strong bodyline. breaking is too good. Mileage i get in city drive is about 11 kmpl and on high way 14 -15 kmpl with AC on. AC is very effective at mode 1 itself. Ground clearance is less compared to other HatchBacks, means every hump, i scrape the ground.

Builds up speed fast and cruises amazingly well.

GM cars are built for safety and comfort than the looks and performance. I weighed options of Swift, Santro, Palio and others before Made up my mind to go for UV-A. Never regretted the decision. I have enjoying the ride.

However, in the current scenario of GM struggle for survival, I would advice keep off UV-A. Palio stile is a good choice. I10 is good too.

Dwarak
Old 4th December 2008, 23:16   #21
BHPian

thanks for the honest feedback dwarka... ya i guess GM is really slipping... which brings me back to the i10... let's see though.. i'll take a full test drive of the u-va, i10 and even the a-star and then decide... but if GM is really goin down, y is it bringing out new models in the US?? just a desperate act or maybe they won't give up so easily....

the best thing i do like abt the u-va is SPACE!! which is superb!! no other hatch in the same segment even comes close!!
Old 5th December 2008, 00:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Ground clearance is less compared to other HatchBacks, means every hump, i scrape the ground.
This is really surprising because the U-VA probably has the highest ground clearance among all the hatchbacks (180 mm precisely). In fact that's one of its plus points.

Are you sure there's nothing that has come loose or stuck under the car?
Old 5th December 2008, 00:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
GM was to bring it with the MJD. Hope they didnt drop that idea/plan. Would have eaten up Tata/Fiat/Suzuki market share (and with that 3 years package thrown in, would have been another story)
IIRC, the relationship between FIAT and GM is not so good now, thats what I know and I read a long time back. So they are not bringing in the MJD.
Or else even the Aveo was to have the MJD.
Old 5th December 2008, 10:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatoR View Post
This is really surprising because the U-VA probably has the highest ground clearance among all the hatchbacks (180 mm precisely). In fact that's one of its plus points.

Aviator,

May be because of the suspension being very soft. I have checked thoroughly.

Dwarak
Old 5th December 2008, 10:59   #25
BHPian

Eating humble pie....

[quote=arsenik;1079623]@prateek - some 5-d00r aveo pics for you :-)

I take my words back arsenik
The 5 - door modified looks pretty good too!
Anyways, have you finalized on teh U-VA?
Old 5th December 2008, 11:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatoR View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Aviator,

May be because of the suspension being very soft. I have checked thoroughly.

Dwarak
Yes, it has highest GC. But it also has more wheel base than other hatches. not to mention the softer Suspension too.
Old 5th December 2008, 11:40   #27
BHPian

I would suggest you to TD both the i10 and the U-VA. I personally like the looks of the U-VA when compared to most of the Hatch backs available in india but having said that i recently opted for the i10 Kappa.

The Chevy A S S is pretty lousy and getting spares for the Chevy car in kerala takes its own time. More over the resale value of any Chevy car in kerala is really low. This was one important decision making factor for me. On the other hand Hyundai cars have the reputation of having good A S S and resale....hence i chose Hyundai.

Last edited by jango : 5th December 2008 at 11:43.
Old 5th December 2008, 18:27   #28
BHPian

@ prateek, jango - i'll be goin to TD both of these (plus the a-star as well!) on sunday....
following that, i'll post my reviews and initial thoughts on these cars..

jango, regarding GM, *** is no issue in chandigarh, especially with the 3-year/48km complete cover...

ultimately i would be looking for better driving capabilities first, then looks, space, et al....

but the u-va surely is sexy!! :P
Old 5th December 2008, 19:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenik View Post
... but if GM is really goin down, y is it bringing out new models in the US?? just a desperate act or maybe they won't give up so easily....
GM is really series in India. They are planing to bring in the CNG/LPG variant in all there models by next year.

This was in news today [I guess business line paper?]

It said, GM, Mahindra & Hundai all 3 are planing to get the CNG/LPG vairents.
Old 9th December 2008, 03:49   #30
BHPian

Hi. I drive a U-Va and going through this thread I suppose there is some truth in some of the criticisms I have read. It is underpowered compared to the Swift or the Getz and the AC can cause a drag. But it is still a well made car and a good choice for certain people. It is built well, offers an excellent ride, suspension and brakes. The mileage isn't bad and once it gets past the initial newness and you get used to it, you will find it pretty responsive.

Plus - you are unlikely to find yourself contantly running back to the dealer to correct small problems.

Like someone in this thread said, it is VFM, in its own way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks