Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 13:37   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I think that is very general statement. I bought my Uno used in 2003 and it is still serving me faithfully. Yes it has had it niggles but fixing it with original spares has been the best solution to it. It is still healthy after almost 9.5 yrs and 107k Kms.
I find Uno a lot more reliable compare to my siena with faulty electronic parts like Central, faulty Immobilizer (its crazy sometimes it refuses to accept the key ), Faulty fuel injectors( i replaced 3 fuel injectors during last 2 years ), Crank Sensor, Faulty power window switchs, Faulty Central locking, Wiper motor (unable to find or get it repaired), had to replace clutch & tensioner bearings, fuel pipe, etc ., ... the more the car runs more n more parts get faulty. (6-7 different drivers have driven the car so no question of faulty driving)

FYI my car has only ran 32K ( last 3K my ownership).. not to mention the pain in hunting down the spares all over Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Sorry to hear about you getting stuck with a bad Fiat Siena. My experience has been the exact opposite.

If you know how to look after and maintain them, Fiat cars give a lot in return. If you are plain unlucky or not careful while purchasing and you get an abused Fiat, it will give problems much as any other brand. A friend plonked his hard earned money down on a Zen only to have the engine run out of breath on him. He used the opportunity to transplant another engine (bigger) into it and is now blessed with a rocket. He could instead have chosen to bad mouth Maruti cars.

Cheers
bad mouth Fiat cars ? I own one and I know how much troubles I took to maintain it. everytime I Fix it & get it running new problem seems to arise.
Previously I used to love & support Fiat brand, I still support them, but that doesn't mean I should ignore all the reliability issues faced by Fiat owners.

Yes I am stuck with Fiat brand, but I would love to share my bad experience with Fiat brand.

Last edited by FERRO : 16th November 2009 at 13:44.
Old 25th November 2009, 14:31   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Sorry to hear about you getting stuck with a bad Fiat Siena. My experience has been the exact opposite.

If you know how to look after and maintain them, Fiat cars give a lot in return. If you are plain unlucky or not careful while purchasing and you get an abused Fiat, it will give problems much as any other brand. A friend plonked his hard earned money down on a Zen only to have the engine run out of breath on him. He used the opportunity to transplant another engine (bigger) into it and is now blessed with a rocket. He could instead have chosen to bad mouth Maruti cars.

Cheers

Your friend totally seems to know how to enjoy cars.
However, I guess it won't be very wrong to say that in India atleast, when buying a used car Fiats are far from being the safest bet.
Yeah, they are fun to drive and if are carefully maintained then serve well too.
Where as Hyundais, Suzukis and some TATAs can withstand fair amount of abuse and usually do not end up dishing out huge bills when they finally see a workshop.

Also, chances are that when buying a used Fiat, chances of getting into trouble are alot more because the owner in all probability might have not maintained the car well. Blame it on expensive spares, bad after sales or anything. As Marutis and others are easier to maintain probability is that the first owner may have kept the car well, and even if that may not be the case the second owner can still get the things sorted out at relatively lesser damage.

Also, cars like palio 1.6 that are in good condition are hardly up for sale as the owners are mostly so fond of them that they take pains to keep it in great shape and hence it is difficult for them to part with the car.

I won't say that buying used fiat cars is like emptying your wallet down a stream but I will definately maintain my opinion that buying a used maruti/hyundai is a safer bet than buying a used fiat. Unless ofcourse the fiat in concern belongs to a well known friend/relative.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 25th November 2009 at 14:36.
Old 25th November 2009, 15:13   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
I find Uno a lot more reliable compare to my siena with faulty electronic parts like Central, faulty Immobilizer (its crazy sometimes it refuses to accept the key ), Faulty fuel injectors( i replaced 3 fuel injectors during last 2 years ), Crank Sensor, Faulty power window switchs, Faulty Central locking, Wiper motor (unable to find or get it repaired), had to replace clutch & tensioner bearings, fuel pipe, etc ., ... the more the car runs more n more parts get faulty. (6-7 different drivers have driven the car so no question of faulty driving)

FYI my car has only ran 32K ( last 3K my ownership).. not to mention the pain in hunting down the spares all over Mumbai.
Ferro, Please don't be disheartened. If I tell you the list of spare parts that I had to get changed in my Uno (its a petrol with SPFI btw), you will get floored. But once that problem has been fixed, it generally doesn't crop up again. My suggestion would be to get everything fixed one shot.

Btw clutch change at 32k doesn't seem right. Are you sure its a genuine 32k. Btw is yours the new look or old look Sienna?
Old 10th December 2009, 10:13   #64
Senior - BHPian

vcash, have you got the car registered in mumbai? how much it cost you?
i am looking at taking my cousin's 2002 model,1.2 for 80k. that was the price quote local mechanics have given him. the car has got a very peppy 1.2 engine. body condition is good. needs some repairs of power windows, fuel guage, ac, ice, door seals. main issue for me is its TN registered.
Old 14th January 2011, 11:15   #65
BHPian

Re: 1L Budget: Palio GTX or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post

I too have a Fiat Siena 2000 model 1.2 petrol. In pa I agree with Ferro, this car does have a few niggles - I have also faced sensor problem- Speedo needle stuck on 60, engine refuses to start anytime, even with just a 20 minute stop after 200 km of drive (mum to pune), brakes were problematic - now fixed, another sensor near the EMU where the pipe goes in fr the air failed, had to replace it.... this car WAS abused by previous owner - he just did not service it at fiat but chose to do it entirely with this army garage...cant blame the car though.

BUT whe this car moves its like ice-skating, handling is better than many modern cars, comfort is top class, so i pt up with the quarterly replacements of parts and enjoy the 90 days in between.

BTW, parts are available at eco cost at Bhartiya Auto in KURLA west (near the under construction flyover) on the way to BKC. Also at Kurla MOtors in the same area. works well with old cars and has no problems. Another store is SHETTY MOTORS at opera house (next to kennedy bridge)

Keep the siena and take care of teh machine - its still one of the best around.

I get a FE of abt 12 with ac in navi mumbai and in city pune traffic...which is very good.

Last edited by GTO : 25th October 2011 at 16:13. Reason: Fixing quote

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks