Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:18   #46
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
<4L? I paid around 4.7 for LXI in Bangalore with some accessories. 4L was the ex-showroom price.
If you check Carwale, onroad prices for Ritz Lxi in Delhi and Bangalore differ by about 40k (in fact in Gurgaon, it is even cheaper by another 5k). Plus there was some hefty discount on offer.
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:37   #47
Senior - BHPian

With a 10 yr horizon, I wouldnt put my money on a Chevy! Ritz LXi it would be for me.

Alternatively, you could also look at Vista base models - if you havent driven/sat in one, pls do and be pleasantly surprised.
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:47   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
If you check Carwale, onroad prices for Ritz Lxi in Delhi and Bangalore differ by about 40k (in fact in Gurgaon, it is even cheaper by another 5k). Plus there was some hefty discount on offer.
JUst Checked the price. Its 4.21 lacs OTR for Gurgaon. It seems to be agood deal.. Will take a TD over the weekend. Thanks for refering Carwale.com
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:59   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k!ng_@thur View Post
I dont know why no one likes the estilo, for that sort of use it is almost perfect and my wife loves her car.
Estilo & WagonR have this boxy feeling and the vehicle feels really unstable. I agree that the seating is high, the way women like it. But, again when it comes to finish and quality I think I10 is a better choice.

Since A/C cooling is one of the needs, I think Maruti cars lack the quick cooling capability when compared to Hyndai, Honda, etc.
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
Friends,

I have gone through most of the threads on this topic in this forum but still have some lingering doubts on the car that would suit our needs. Hence this thread. So let me begin by laying out the current scenario and requirements.

My wife drives a 2000 Zen LX (done 91K) mainly for dropping/picking kids at school and doing some local errands. Her monthly average is about 250 kms (with no highway kms at all). The problem is with the AC cooling (its basically useless in summers) and the lack of power steering so I have no option but to replace it.

Requirements:
  1. A safe, stable car with Power Steering and Low Maintenance.
  2. Would be driven for next 8-10 years @300 kms/month.
  3. Would only be used in city conditions (a radius of 5-6 kms).
  4. Budget: Not more than Rs.4-4.20 lacs.
  5. Looks dont count much.
My Preference: I usually go for a 2nd from Top variant but in this case wont mind going in for a base level variant as well (hope my wife is not reading this !!!). I think an AC of a 1.2 litre car will be more effective after 6-7 years than that of a 1.0 lt car. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this one.

So the cars that I think fit the bill are: Beat (PS/LS), Spark (PS/LS), Wagon R (with K series engine, if possible) and Maruti Ecco (since I wont be driving it and kids are too young to understand... ). Another advantage of Ecco and Wagon R is their tall boy stance which, I feel, is relatively safer than others. Please correct me on this one too.

Thanks in advance.
JK

Sir

Kindly rule out the EECO, if safety is priority, don't touch it. It will flip easily on high-ish speeds, it's puny tyres will provide no grip - let the Taxi wallahs enjoy the EECO. You should be looking at the Punto, Polo etc for sheer stability & build quality.

That is my humble opinion.

Cheers
Old 5th March 2010, 13:46   #51
BHPian

Thank you all for your comments, suggestions and insights. I have shortlisted 2 cars for test drive over the weekend: Ritz Lxi and I-10 Era (though I am hoping for a K series engined Wagon-R debuting shortly as well). I will update you guys once TD is done.
Old 5th March 2010, 19:06   #52
BHPian

C-factor

@JKBKS

I am a new owner of i10 -Kappa-(M-series).
The car is pretty smooth, and looks really sweet and rich inside, and retains cuteness_factor on the outside!
Besides Hyundai is second to MS in terms of service and network.

So, cuteness factor + Richness inside, these factors can propel i10 as a choice over the "under-blinds" Wagon-K-

I have a white color one, and I suggest you (and wife!) have a look at it in white!

Care.

Ace.
Old 7th March 2010, 23:17   #53
BHPian

A widely acclaimed fuel-efficient motor, light steering, excellent gear shift, small turning radius, spacious and not clustrophobic interiors, efficient air-con, good road clearance that takes the humps with aplomb and above all the Maruti peace of mind.

IMO, all these make Ritz the best ride for a lady. I drive one and can vouch for it . Go for VXi or LXi.

Of course the lady should test drive and decide.
Old 8th March 2010, 09:43   #54
Senior - BHPian

@JKBKS, Did you get any chance to do a TD of the cars you have mentioned and can you please post some experience and which one you have shortlisted
Old 8th March 2010, 09:53   #55
BHPian

I would suggest an i10 automatic if its for a lady. gives you and her a lot of confidence and peace of mind
Old 8th March 2010, 13:06   #56
BHPian

@Shishir: We did go for an I-10 TD. My wife liked it as well. Currently her state of mind is that she will settle for anything but her current Zen. But these days, seeing lot of tall boy models moving around, she thinks that its better to go for one as well. Her father owns a Wagon-R and she also is looking for a similarly tall car.

So my other option is Ritz-Lxi now. The other options could be Nissan Micra but I do not know its specs/price yet.
Old 8th March 2010, 13:22   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
@Shishir: We did go for an I-10 TD. My wife liked it as well. Currently her state of mind is that she will settle for anything but her current Zen. But these days, seeing lot of tall boy models moving around, she thinks that its better to go for one as well. Her father owns a Wagon-R and she also is looking for a similarly tall car.

So my other option is Ritz-Lxi now. The other options could be Nissan Micra but I do not know its specs/price yet.
Don't worry. here is the info

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ghlight=nissan

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ghlight=nissan
Old 8th March 2010, 13:48   #58
BHPian

Thanks Shishir for the Micra Link. Its going to be a 3 pot engine like Polo. And the price could be around Rs.4.25 lacs. So I may have to rule this out.

Etios is still a year away and would be the most expensive in its category. So I am back to Ritz and maybe Wagon-R with new K series engine.
Old 11th March 2010, 12:41   #59

I seriously think you should add the new Estilo to your list of candidates.
It has the new K-series engine and a high seat stance that will suit a small built (lady?) person by providing good visibility. Space inside is similar to the WagonR except that the headroom is slightly less. The AC cools very well.
Don't be fooled by the looks of the old Estilo. The new one is streets ahead. You will get the LXi with PS and power windows well within your budget. In fact, you might even get the VXi in your budget. Just try it out.
Old 11th March 2010, 21:57   #60
Senior - BHPian

+1 to the new ZEN / Estilo

JKBKS do take a look at the Zen. The new one is poles apart from the previous Estilo and IMHO better than the Ritz. The Wagon is old now. Ideally you should be deciding between the Zen and the i10.

Last edited by khoj : 11th March 2010 at 22:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks